Springfield | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just a few items I noticed on today's visit.  First, and most important to me, that ugly exposed metal support behind Mr. Burns mansion is now obscured by additional foliage.

Springfield_050815_2.jpg

I think this window decal is relatively new.

Springfield_050815_6.jpg

This door to backstage is themed to match the DMV.  Got beat up quickly, though.

Springfield_050815_1.jpg

More shots of a well known donut aficionado and his car.

Springfield_050815_4.jpg
Springfield_050815_5.jpg
Springfield_050815_3.jpg

Today will play host to the big media event, from what I'm hearing. Tomorrow, however, is supposedly the official opening of Springfield.

The Simpsons Ride is closing early today at around 5:00 PM for the event.

Tonight (May 12) is the official opening. Several guests including Nancy Cartwright and Al Jean will be there. Fireworks, too.

And SideShow Bob is on the Jail! Didn't bring my camera today. Doh!

I'm thinking that next week, we might see Fast & Furious soft open, since Springfield is officially open. Crossing my Fingers!

Just watched the event on TPA's periscope. It was extremely quick, maybe five minutes tops? Al Jean came in and did one of the quickest, most rushed speeches I've ever seen. After that they had the power plant "meltdown" with additional pyro and men in hazmat suits running around which was a nice touch.

And that was it. 

They also changed the Aztec theater signage to a Troy McClure reference.