Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Springfield

Hey guys! Any news on Jebediah springfield? I would really love it if we got the statue, and also I noticed that we did not get the flying dutchman eatery anyone know if we might get it at a later date?

Over all I am in love with springfield and feel universal did a great job!

I really wish they had the space for another ride themed for simpsons, a dark ride themed to treehouse of horror would rock :D

New billboard near Springfield entrance.  Krusty's menu has a head, finally.

Springfield_051615_1.jpg
Springfield_051615_2.jpg

Nice perspectives of Springfield.  Sideshow Bob looks great escaping from prison.

Springfield_051615_3.jpg
Springfield_051615_4.jpg

New Aztec marquee.

Springfield_051615_5.jpg

I liked the sign, but it was always covered up by a bunch of umbrellas. Also, need I mention the middle spotlight that was never centered on the sign correctly for more than 24 hours?

I agree though, it sucks losing the Welcome sign. It was an awkward location for it, I'll admit, but still, it'd be nice to still have it. Although with us having a "Springfield" sign on the "hill" unlike Florida, maybe that was part of the decision.

Hey guys, I've experienced something twice within the past month while at the park and was wondering if anyone else had also seen this happen or may know why. Basically, let me preface this by saying I'm a college student who works at a restaurant, so my free time to go to the park is usually on weekdays as I'm usually working on weekends.    Anyways, in these 2 moments that I'm referring to, all of Springfield has been closed. Krusty Burger, Moes, Cletus', Lard Lads, Bumble Bee Truck, etc.    It's very disappointing because I feel that Springfield is the premier place to eat within the park and I love the fact we're able to get food that's unique to the park AND more fresh (not just waiting to be picked under a heat lamp).   Both of these occurrences have been on weekdays, do you guys think that has anything to do with it?   It sucks looking forward to Krusty Burger and then having your options limited to Mels, Gru's, Jurrasic Cafe, etc.     I also feel terrible for the tourists who aren't there on a weekly basis like myself and others, and are looking forward to trying shops/dining within the new and heavily advertised themed land and then they don't have access to it the one day they're there.       

At first I thought it was a budget/attendance thing, like the park would save on paying employees of these places on days where they expect a low attendance.  But that just wouldn't make sense within this newly launched land.  I've also wondered whether it was for maintenance/upgrades, but both of these times have come AFTER the official opening on May 13th. Would have thought they would have been done with maintenance type ordeals by the end of soft open.  Plus it would just be stupid to have certain places ONLY open on weekends.  You don't see that type of stuff happening with the ultimate competitor, Disneyland. 

Also weird is that usually it is open on the weekdays in which I go, but on these specific occasions nothing within Springfield has been.

Just curious as to why this happens occasionally.  I know a lot of people on here only attend the park on weekends and may not be aware that this happens, but anyone have any idea as to why?
Springfield shares Kitchen facilities with three Broomsticks so I'd imagine it's related to the ongoing work with that.