House of Horrors Replacement | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No [horror]. Just kill the topic that it will be a [horror] theme restaurant or attraction. Its over its dead. Let's all move on shall we?

Apply this statement with any choice of extinct attraction in the brackets and a lot of discussions will be much more streamlined.

*Presses like button*

Reactions: raffman
I'm thinking that this new venue has something to do with jurrasic park I could be wrong but seeing that this is the most anticipated movie of 2015 and seeing the fact that the jurasic park ride would be hard to change in scenery and robots we could see a show and a resteraunt in this venue themed to jurasic world

I'm thinking that this new venue has something to do with jurrasic park I could be wrong but seeing that this is the most anticipated movie of 2015 and seeing the fact that the jurasic park ride would be hard to change in scenery and robots we could see a show and a resteraunt in this venue themed to jurasic world
I think a restaurant that is themed to all of the Universal movies along with an expanded studio store is a good bet. Maybe they'll move the Universal Experience up there. Its not going to be exclusive to one franchise.

I think they're trying to move away from being a haphazard Park.

^ No, Universal hasn't officially revealed anything beyond it being a new unique multi-use venue that will feature dining, shopping, and entertainment of some kind.

There are different rumors and whispers regarding proposed theme though.

It is assumed that the venue will take on an Art Deco look, given the recent changes made around the Upper Lot (Universal Plaza, Lower Lot arch, Studio Tour entrance plaza). Whatever they have planned will likely become part of the new generic Universal look they've been going for, and not themed to a specific brand/franchise.

Reactions: JaySalahi
The only theme I can imagine is something like the old ABC Soap Opera Bistro at DCA where there were themed dining rooms to famous shows. If not, I'm expecting something like a less formal Carthay Circle restaurant.

It is assumed that the venue will take on an Art Deco look, given the recent changes made around the Upper Lot (Universal Plaza, Lower Lot arch, Studio Tour entrance plaza). Whatever they have planned will likely become part of the new generic Universal look they've been going for, and not themed to a specific brand/franchise.
Quite a beautiful generic theme at that! ;)

I 100% think the exterior will be Art Deco fancy, but regarding the interior, if it was up to me, I'd make it similar to Planet Hollywood and similar to the the Soap Opera Bistro as mentioned, and incorporate a larger and more immersive Universal Experience museum with rotating and permanent exhibits, with an upscale dining place, as well as merchandise to tie into the different movies.

In a recent guests survey one of the ideas mentioned was Hollywood Land. That got me thinking. It seems plausible that Universal might turn the front area of the park into Hollywood Land. It could be a catch all land that includes everything on the upper lot that is not related to to Potter, Springfield, Despicable Me, or the Studio Tour.

In a recent guests survey one of the ideas mentioned was Hollywood Land. That got me thinking. It seems plausible that Universal might turn the front area of the park into Hollywood Land. It could be a catch all land that includes everything on the upper lot that is not related to to Potter, Springfield, Despicable Me, or the Studio Tour.
I would like to see them move away from a "catch all" name. I posted this in another thread:

Speaking of the layout of the park, I'm very curious to see how they'll label the park on the future maps. I know they'll still use the Lower/Upper Lot Designation, but I'm curious if they'll maybe make it more organized and have "sub lands" as a part of the two Lots. I'd love to see that.

For example (in my ideal world)...

UPPER LOT~

Entrance Plaza:

-Universal Studio Store

-Featured Gift shop

-Hollywood Grill

-Waterworld

-Cartooniversal

-Amazing Pictures

-<HoH Replacement Venue>

Universal Plaza:

-Universal Plaza Character Show

-Shrek 4D

-Special Effects Stage

-Animal Actors

-Production Central

-French Street Bistro

-Moulin Rouge (VIP ONLY)

-Palace Theatre Cafe

-Pink's

-Mel's Diner

-Cinnabon

Minion Way:

-Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem

-Gru's Lab Cafe

-Despicable Delights

-Super Silly Stuff

-Super Silly Fun Land

-Silly Swirly

Springfield:

-The Simpsons Ride

-Krusty's Krustyland Carnival

-Kwik-E-Mart

-Krusty Burger 

-Cletus’ Chicken Shack

-Luigi’s Pizza

-Phineas Q. Butterfat’s Ice Cream Parlor -Lard Lad Donuts

-Moe’s Tavern

-Duff Brewery

-The Frying Dutchman

-Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck

World Famous Studio Tour - FEATURING:

-Fast & Furious - Supercharged

-King Kong: 360-3D

-Earthquake: The Big One

-Jaws

-Flash Flood

-Famous Sets & Locations

-Nighttime Studio Tour (Sunset through Closing)

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter:

-Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

-Hogwarts Castle Tour

-Flight of the Hippogriff

-Street Entertainment

-The Three Broomsticks

-Hog's Head

-Zonko's Joke Shop

-Honeydukes

-Ollivander's

-Dervish and Banges

-Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods

LOWER LOT~

Blockbuster Plaza:

-Jurassic Park River Adventure

-DinoPlay

-Jurassic Cafe

-Jurassic Outfitters

-Character Shop

-Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride

-Transformers: The Ride-3D

-Transformers Meet & Greet

-NEST Gift Shop

-NBCUniversal Experience Museum

-Ben & Jerry's

-Starbucks

-Panda Express

-<Stage 28 Replacement Attraction>

Reactions: Hey_Zeus
I've said for a long time that I'd love to see the HoH replacement be a fancy restaurant attached to a wonderful walk through expanded Universal Experience museum.
True but I think that could happen moving the Universal Experience museum into a resteraunt and I see the space of the Universal Experience in the lower lot turn in to a horror museum similar to the museum they had in the HOH que area