Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

The 5 hour wait seemed to be part of a morning rush/"I want to be the first to ride it" because it's currently sitting at a 100 minute wait which is still long but nothing terrible.

tumblr_nkepckpeJb1silxrio1_500.gif

The 5 hour wait seemed to be part of a morning rush/"I want to be the first to ride it" because it's currently sitting at a 100 minute wait which is still long but nothing terrible.
If they say it's better than Tuck and Roll's Drive 'em Buggies, they wouldn't be wrong, but....Indy?

Well, if you want to go on Racers, now would be a good time to go. There's probably some Fastpasses still available for that. It's only an hour wait right now while GoTG is at three hours.

So who has been on the ride? I'm not talking about watching a video, I'm saying who's been on it? What are your thoughts?

It was actually much better than I was expecting.

QUICK UNEDITED THOUGHTS:

Rocket Raccoon animatronic is really fun to watch over and over again. His drawings are great.

Queue is pretty great with the exception of the old boiler room. Set dressing is fine for the most part, but lazy green strands of lights hanging from the ceiling give it an overlay kinda vibe.

The ride itself is low on actual written jokes, it's mostly visual humor. This is a good thing to me, I won't be groaning at terrible one-liners 10 years down the line.

People will be finding easter eggs hidden in this ride for years to come.

Much more intense than ToT was. They are taking advantage of what you think you know about Tower of Terror and flipping it on its' head to surprise you. The ride is also almost twice as long as Tower.

The story makes more sense than I thought it would and is actually very well thought out. Rocket's job is to cut the power to the fortress... even at a great distance, the ride begins to lay hints as to how important the power is with nice lighting effects that pulse and flash.

The sound mixing seemed like it needed a little tweaking. There's music, screaming, and air whooshing past you, and sometimes you can't hear what any of the characters are saying. Maybe boost the voices a bit? It wasn't always an issue, and I did ride during the special party when all the people were super loud and excited, as they should be.

I personally think the idea of including a ride in the Marvel movie universe is a cool idea, it's a new way to tell further stories. Someday we are going to see references to this ride within a movie or comic and I think that's going to be rad.

Overall I think it's just going to come down to which theme you like better, Twilight Zone or Guardians.

Here's my video I put together on my personal Youtube channel:

So who has been on the ride? I'm not talking about watching a video, I'm saying who's been on it? What are your thoughts?

It was actually much better than I was expecting.

QUICK UNEDITED THOUGHTS:

Rocket Raccoon animatronic is really fun to watch over and over again. His drawings are great.

Queue is pretty great with the exception of the old boiler room. Set dressing is fine for the most part, but lazy green strands of lights hanging from the ceiling give it an overlay kinda vibe.

The ride itself is low on actual written jokes, it's mostly visual humor. This is a good thing to me, I won't be groaning at terrible one-liners 10 years down the line.

People will be finding easter eggs hidden in this ride for years to come.

Much more intense than ToT was. They are taking advantage of what you think you know about Tower of Terror and flipping it on its' head to surprise you. The ride is also almost twice as long as Tower.

The story makes more sense than I thought it would and is actually very well thought out. Rocket's job is to cut the power to the fortress... even at a great distance, the ride begins to lay hints as to how important the power is with nice lighting effects that pulse and flash.

The sound mixing seemed like it needed a little tweaking. There's music, screaming, and air whooshing past you, and sometimes you can't hear what any of the characters are saying. Maybe boost the voices a bit? It wasn't always an issue, and I did ride during the special party when all the people were super loud and excited, as they should be.

I personally think the idea of including a ride in the Marvel movie universe is a cool idea, it's a new way to tell further stories. Someday we are going to see references to this ride within a movie or comic and I think that's going to be rad.

Overall I think it's just going to come down to which theme you like better, Twilight Zone or Guardians.

Here's my video I put together on my personal Youtube channel:

Thanks. Nice review...:thumbsup: What do you think of the building itself. Does it work, or is it too gaudy.

My thoughts on the building are a little complicated. As I said in my previous post, it does a great job of telling a story. This thing is harsh and foreboding, displays an enormous amount of power, and doesn't look like anything from this world. That being said, the building IS gaudy. Especially when you think about how elegant Tower of Terror felt. During the day the color scheme is odd and during the night it becomes downright gross with green spotlights bouncing off the orange and blue metallic piping in a not pleasant way. But... IT ALL WORKS. I wouldn't expect The Collectors Fortress to be pretty or welcoming. It would be function over form. That's exactly what's going on here.

Here's the issue: When you step away from the ride, you still see this giant eyesore towering over everything, clashing with the theme of California from virtually EVERYWHERE in the park. I used to think the Tower complimented the California culture so well.

Another major drawback for me is the fact that they kept the fake broken concrete around the elevator doors which was supposed to give us the illusion that half of the building disappeared when lightning struck it. Now it just looks like The Collectors Fortress is somehow incomplete.

So I like the building when I'm in Guardians mode and I'm ready for a daring jailbreak. But when I'm chilling by the beach, tipping one back in wine country, or visiting my pals at Radiator Springs... I want nothing to do with that abomination.

I'm hoping that their future plans for the Marvel land will help to somewhat blend the building in with its surroundings. Obviously that won't help when you're standing far away in another area of the park but there's not much that can be done about that.

I'm also really curious as to what they plan on doing with he Frozen show once that entire area is Marvel. Would they turn it into an Avengers stunt show?

When you say it's more intense than it was, is this meaning it's finally caught up to DHS's TOT (as far as intensity) seeing as it has randomized drop sequences now?

First of all, I think some folks have been confused because of the six different ride profiles. It is for sure a little confusing. To be clear, the drops are not random, the ride profile that is selected is random. So that determines things like which song you hear and the scenes you see. As far as I know, the movement of the ride is the same every time.

When I say the ride is more intense than ToT was I am talking about a couple of things. If you're looking forward to being surprised maybe don't read the first one.

1: The ride plays on your knowledge of ToT in a fun way. It does things you don't expect. For example, the ride starts with a massive upward thrust followed by a quick drop to make give you the weightless feeling RIGHT out of the gate. It is completely unexpected when you're used to riding ToT and seeing a little bit of show before the real ride gets started. ToT used nearly half of its ride time not even moving. Now you're bouncing up and down from the start.

2. They make this thing toss you up and down like it never has before. Sure, there were moments of weightlessness in ToT, but I'm telling you right now, this ride makes you fly more than once, and for almost alarming amounts of time. For those that don't know, the ride doesn't just drop the elevator, it actually pulls it down faster than gravity would. When it shoots you up and pulls you down faster than it ever has before, your heart nearly jumps out of your throat. It is pretty epic.

First of all, I think some folks have been confused because of the six different ride profiles. It is for sure a little confusing. To be clear, the drops are not random, the ride profile that is selected is random.
Interesting.

I really thought the drops were random though, even got it confused again while reading your post several times over :lol:

First of all, I think some folks have been confused because of the six different ride profiles. It is for sure a little confusing. To be clear, the drops are not random, the ride profile that is selected is random. So that determines things like which song you hear and the scenes you see. As far as I know, the movement of the ride is the same every time.

Wait, are you sure the ride only has one drop sequence? Since everywhere else is stating it has a different drop sequence for each of the six ride profiles. Considering the DCA version of the tower has had the ability to incorperate multiple/random drop sequences for quite a while, it would be mind boggling that they gave the six ride profiles the exact same drop sequence.

I have done two of the profiles and I've watched a number of videos with the other profiles and to me it seems they are mostly similar if not exactly the same.

the main difference between the profiles is the music and the scene you watch.

The drops can't be random because they play with perspective much like Spider-Man, Transformers, or Gringotts does. You're constantly bouncing up and down so they have to simulate a 3D space by changing your perspective of the room behind the characters. That must be timed perfectly to the movement in order to work or you could easily get motion sickness.

Maybe I'm wrong and it does have different drop sequences on each, but I'll tell you right now the difference is not that meaningful.

I have done two of the profiles and I've watched a number of videos with the other profiles and to me it seems they are mostly similar if not exactly the same.

the main difference between the profiles is the music and the scene you watch.

The drops can't be random because they play with perspective much like Spider-Man, Transformers, or Gringotts does. You're constantly bouncing up and down so they have to simulate a 3D space by changing your perspective of the room behind the characters. That must be timed perfectly to the movement in order to work or you could easily get motion sickness.

Maybe I'm wrong and it does have different drop sequences on each, but I'll tell you right now the difference is not that meaningful.

They definitely have different drop profiles based on the rotation you get, but they are subtle.

Does the extra magic hour apply to pass holders as well or is it only for people staying on Disney property?

I'm a little disappointed that it's really just one "set" or stage that you keep revisiting. The ride profile looks pretty awesome though.