Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With all of the IP houses now officially announced, here's how I rank my IP excitement:

1. The Shining
2. Ash vs Evil Dead
3. American Horror Story
4. Saw
5. Blumhouse

The Shining is the one property left that I've wanted to see translated into a house for years. I'm really hoping that it doesn't let me down, but the potential definitely exists.

With all of the IP houses now officially announced, here's how I rank my IP excitement:

1. The Shining
2. Ash vs Evil Dead
3. American Horror Story
4. Saw
5. Blumhouse

The Shining is the one property left that I've wanted to see translated into a house for years. I'm really hoping that it doesn't let me down, but the potential definitely exists.

Same as yours, except swap Shining and AvED.

Catching up, I think TV horror IP is much more likely than Video Game horror IP. TNT's revival of Tales From the Crypt could be a contender next year.

TV IPs require a bit more relevance than even movies and video games. Shows that are over and not in heavy syndication won't attract attention so won't be viable from Management's perspective. Though shows like Bates Motel, True Blood, and Hannibal would actually work really well (Bates having the least to work with), all of them are over. The Strain, similarly, is on its way out. The only exception to that rule may be X Files because it's such a cultural phenomenon.

The best, current slate of options includes:
Stranger Things (expensive rights)
Twin Peaks (really niche)
Channel Zero (please)
Z Nation (unknown)
The Walking Dead (done and done)
The Exorcist (please)
Outcast (unknown)
Tales from the Crypt (still needs to happen)
Midnight Texas (lol)
Preacher (you know? This isn't a terrible idea)

The rights would be stupidly (prohibitively) expensive, but I maintain a Game of Thrones house could actually... work?

White Walkers, Wights, Children of the Forest, Sons of the Harpy, Faceless Men, House of the Undying, Zombified Mountain, Direwolves (puppet ala AWIL), Stone Men... plenty of environments...

It's not really a horror property, per se, but Walking Dead wasn't, either.

I am curious how many of the various films from Insidious, Sinister and The Purge are going to show up in the mashup. I'm guessing all of the four Insidious chapters. Hopefully very little Purge.

The rights would be stupidly (prohibitively) expensive, but I maintain a Game of Thrones house could actually... work?

White Walkers, Wights, Children of the Forest, Sons of the Harpy, Faceless Men, House of the Undying, Zombified Mountain, Direwolves (puppet ala AWIL), Stone Men... plenty of environments...

I would rather A&D do their own take on snow zombies. If it just happens to take place in a fantasy setting with zombears, then great. Attaching Game of Thrones to it creates too many expectations. Just have snow zombies attacking a town called "Sturdy-Hat" and call it a day.

My wife and I were just watching episode seven last night and I had the same thought. Playing devil's advocate though it could quickly devolve into TWD. Done properly it might be pretty cool ... and for better or worse it would draw some massive crowds.

Reactions: SeventyOne
My wife and I were just watching episode seven last night and I had the same thought. Playing devil's advocate though it could quickly devolve into TWD. Done properly it might be pretty cool ... and for better or worse it would draw some massive crowds.
Kind of hard to make it the next TWD when it only has one season left :lol:

Reactions: Legacy