Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This touches on something else with Blumhouse. It's entirely possible Jordan Peele and M. Night Shamalamamoomoo, as the writers, directors, and creators, have more ownership of the way Get Out and Split are used outside the film. That may be why those films weren't used. You also have to deal with likeness rights for fairly notable actors.

As someone who's very familiar with their business model, this is accurate. Blumhouse gives substantial creative freedom/control in exchange for big name talent foregoing their established rates ($$).

Which if you add an actor would have to be swapped out by stopping the line before entering the room.
Not exactly.

Smart way to do it is have the guests walk between the actor and the TV. He does two things.

1) He has a trigger that mimics a camera flash coming from the guests. That goes off, and he rushes the guests screaming "Get out." A moment later, the silver spoon clinking sits him back down.

2) When he's not doing that, he serves as a decoy for the brother who has a boo-door beside the TV.

Two entrances can be set on both sides of the room.

The scene would work well. But that's basically the only scene that would instantly "click" for guests as being from the film. And that's the only way to pull off the scare.

The opening abduction scene of Get Out could also be used easily as a room (with the creepy run rabbit music)

As someone who's very familiar with their business model, this is accurate. Blumhouse gives substantial creative freedom/control in exchange for big name talent foregoing their established rates ($$).

Also Split also would give revenue to Disney...that IP is shared between Disney, Universal, and Blumhouse.

While on a slow day...

Anyone receive any word about what (might) be getting sent in the mail for the early Soul Collector's adopters? Any guesses?

My guess is an alternate lanyard design and maybe a copy of the invitation we saw in the first video.

While on a slow day...

Anyone receive any word about what (might) be getting sent in the mail for the early Soul Collector's adopters? Any guesses?

My guess is an alternate lanyard design and maybe a copy of the invitation we saw in the first video.
My guess is absolutely nothing. My confidence level for actually getting anything, for whatever reason, was low from the day I signed up.

While on a slow day...

I would love something unique for early adopters but considering I've now had to sign up multiple times and seen no consistency between signing up and email correspondence, I'm not holding out hope.

Looking more like a cheap way to collect data rather than a way to reward dedicated fan base/advocates.