Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To mention something, @Brian G. created the proper threads for the four announced houses; so it could be wise to discuss those houses over there, as Speculation has ended.

Dead Waters

The Fallen

The Hive

Scarecrow: The Reaping

So, speculation ends; and that to be honest, it seems like a good year. The originals have a lot more potential than the IPs, they finally got The Shining, and that IP's like Evil Dead and Saw return in different forms. Interested to see what happens going forward for this year, especially with Bill and Ted departing after this year; I wonder how the tone of that will be.

Omg these originals look amazing. SO MUCH DETAIL. They also look pretty terrifying. I'm scared to death of scarecrows. And the vampire one actually sounds awesome. Isn't that house supposed to be packed the brim with actors?

Reactions: Porkchop
I guess we now know that maybe part of the issue with these being announced was that they were giving the exclusive announcement to USA Today. They also don't seem to be coordinating well as the website wasn't updated. For as much talk as there is about marketing being in control of announcements, I wonder if it might be a more corporate decision to include USA Today in the process.

I guess we now know that maybe part of the issue with these being announced was that they were giving the exclusive announcement to USA Today. They also don't seem to be coordinating well as the website wasn't updated. For as much talk as there is about marketing being in control of announcements, I wonder if it might be a more corporate decision to include USA Today in the process.

I'm pretty sure you nailed that one on the head.

Reactions: ChaseTuff

They gave USA Today an exclusive for this mornings paper and they'll put up the site this afternoon. It's a planned thing, USA Today didn't "leak" anything (I've seen this suggestion on twitter). And I 100% believe this was all marketing trying to get the most exposure for the event. I got a text from my dad today about HHN for crying out loud.

They gave USA Today an exclusive for this mornings paper and they'll put up the site this afternoon. It's a planned thing, USA Today didn't "leak" anything (I've seen this suggestion on twitter). And I 100% believe this was all marketing trying to get the most exposure for the event. I got a text from my dad today about HHN for crying out loud.
Yeah, I don't think it was a leak either. It definitely wasn't as well coordinated though as it would be if they announced it. They seem to always give USA Today an exclusive for many things at Universal. I don't recall them ever announcing houses though. In any case I think the point I was making is that USA today may have had something to do with the timing of the announcement. From a marketing point of view the announcement of the original houses has very little weight, it's not going to drive a ton of publicity since no one really knows anything about them. I guess what I am speculating is that corporate told Universal to give USA Today an exclusive to announce something, marketing not wanting to mess with anything that would impact the marketing of the event decided to give them the originals.

Well, there it. Time for me to pump my excitement to high gear. I said it before and I'll say it again. HHN 27 is going to be extra lit this year!

Agree 100% You would have to be a very cynical person going into this expecting anything less.

On paper I don't see a weakness this year. IPs, scarezones, originals, and shows all have me excited.

I am really curious to see what they do with the Asylum portion of AHS. This was an excellent season and could easily fill a maze itself.

The only house I wasn't sure about was Dead Waters. After reading the article this morning I'm excited.

-_-

There's a lot of confusion about Hive and if it gets a "the" or not.

"Is the title of the show "Family Guy" or "The Family Guy?"

Reactions: SeanPhilly
Edit: Possibly last year's info?

Oh yeah?

The Repository: A Horror Experience Beyond Virtual Reality
With a team of investigators, enter a centuries old, secret warehouse where mysterious artifacts have been collected and stored for hundreds of years. Advanced supernatural and paranormal devices are being tested using state-of-the-art technologies to determine the power these relics hold. You make your way through multiple rooms and find yourselves transported to various worlds in this personalized, mind-bending experience.

THE REPOSITORY takes you into a terrifying, first-of-its-kind realm of psychological horror - an experimental journey that's a disturbing combination of fear and virtual reality. Available on select nights from September 29 through November 5, you'll explore truly unnerving environments, encounter bizarre objects and interact with unforgettably haunting live actors. Reservation times are available between 5:00pm and 1:00am.

Last edited:
Well the full website is live, but it seems kind of... broken? The rides and attractions pages still lists The Repository from last year, and all the house/show information is weirdly displayed below the top expandable categories? Also, Academy of Villains has the wrong name on the event map page...

Edit: Nevermind, looks like they fixed the rides and attractions page and removed The Repository.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Hoooray I'm pumped now! Thanks Legacy and all the other insiders who feed us tasty morsels along the way....

Reactions: JMalez