Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USF Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they could make interactive wand 2.0 that could somehow tie into the ride/ new spell locations. Surely they will be expanding wand locations in the forbidden forrest as well.

Here's to hoping they make it a modern version of Haunted Mansion like it should be (IMO)

The only real ride that I can think of would be the elevators. Anything else might seem a stretch. But of course it is theme park.

In my dreams MoM is a trackless dark ride where you tour the Ministry. I could see the elevators being a part of that though.

I hope that MoM is a tower of terror type ride system so that UO can have a GOOD drop ride.

I think MoM if they do the elevator should be the elements of surprise as it can move sideways, forward and backwards as well as up and down. If Uni doesn't use all those in surprising elements....

A big yes to all of this.

In my head this could be a really killer attraction and they could squeeze a lot into the space.
Imagine a dark ride tour of the MoM. Trackless vehicles could move through fireplaces and even transport us to a scene outside of the ministry and then back in.
But the real kicker of the technology could be that these trackless vehicles board the ministries elevators and get locked in to place (there must be a way the SWGE Alcatraz trackless vehicles will be going to 2 floors!) to allow them to not only be lifted to the multiple floors of the building but also to have a drop tower portion where the "something wrong" can be a wrong spell in the elevator VS being attacked and the vehicles can bounce up and down. Mystic Manor + Mini Tower of Terror.

FWIW, I feel like all of the interactive wand attraction rumors were always in the context of MoM replacing Men in Black.
The original concept I heard about when Diagon was opening was that MoM would take over Fear Factor plot, connect to Diagon, and utilize the real wands you have to buy to add additional interactivity to what would otherwise be a normal walking tour with effects. It wasn't described to me as a ride where everyone gets wands like a shooter attraction. Rather, it was to be a tour where if you happen to have your own wand, there are some opportunities to use it.

Since then it has also been reported by some blogs to be called the "next generation of Ollivanders," so it could also be possible that a select few in your tour group (kids) could be given loaner wands to use during the attraction, in case they don't already own one.

Again, all of that based on a walking tour concept that was going around a few years ago. After Universal recently saw what Disney's cooking up down the road, I wouldn't be surprised if this goes from walking to riding tour.

Concerning those wanting a Mystic Manor type attraction, if SLOP remains similar to the original plans, it will be very Mystic Manor like. So SLOP may well be Universal's answer to Mystic Manor. That opens up a completely different type of attraction for Ministry of Magic.

Again, all of that based on a walking tour concept that was going around a few years ago. After Universal recently saw what Disney's cooking up down the road, I wouldn't be surprised if this goes from walking to riding tour.
Which, if that's the case, pretty much eliminates using your own wand on the ride. Even if its as tame as an omnimover, it's inevitable that little Johnny will chuck his wand trying to cast a spell. If theres a wand interactivity, they will be tethered to the vehicle.

So much fun to be had with this one! I do agree that it will be a ride, not a walking tour. As far as a MoM vehicle tour though, Idk, for Pandora, FOP is huge and RJ is not (not saying you have to go from one extreme to the other and that there's not a nice medium), so I would think that type of anecdotal info would be part of the decision.

Again though, whether it be a tour, shooter, darkride, indoor coaster, I love the possibilities with MoM. A lot of rich content!

Concerning those wanting a Mystic Manor type attraction, if SLOP remains similar to the original plans, it will be very Mystic Manor like. So SLOP may well be Universal's answer to Mystic Manor. That opens up a completely different type of attraction for Ministry of Magic.
I dunno... what other similarity do they have? That they're trackless and use sets? If USF can have 3 pure simulators that are essentially the same, and two indoor coasters through cave systems, and two 3D dark rides where we watch blockbuster action in screens, I think it can survive with two trackless dark rides featuring sets and animatronics.

Last edited:
I dunno... what other similarity do they have? That they're trackless and use sets? If USF can have 3 pure simulators that are essentially the same, and two indoor coasters through cave systems, and two 3D dark rides where we watch blockbuster action in screens, I think it can survive with two trackless dark rides featuring sets and animatronics.
Actually, even more. Packed with AA's. Mobile AA's interacting with the ride vehicle. Good story. Fun interesting characters. Interaction with lots of different sets & scenery, action too. Fun movements of the ride vehicle. And a plus, less screens, if any, than Mystic Manor.....Seems like Universal is moving to the path of diversity, so I don't see them debuting two new attractions that are real similar. Those days are gone after F&F.

Actually, even more. Packed with AA's. Mobile AA's interacting with the ride vehicle. Good story. Fun interesting characters. Interaction with lots of different sets & scenery, action too. Fun movements of the ride vehicle. And a plus, less screens, if any, than Mystic Manor.....Seems like Universal is moving to the path of diversity, so I don't see them debuting two new attractions that are real similar. Those days are gone after F&F.
Interesting... whichever we get... it sounds exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.