Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

With Kong they tried to add at least some type of story to the Orlando version. With Fast n Furious, they're taking an already less-than-well-received ride and changing nothing except the ride vehicles LOLIMG_20171104_100004-picsay (1).jpg

From Bio..

are they just talking about the tower when folks say 'Ghirardelli facade will be demolished'?

I would think the bathrooms are there, they also, I would think, need the front part of that facade to block those buildings. When I look at where the artwork is showing people, isn't that already behind the 'facade'?

Edit, not sure what I am saying, but I guess they mean that whole building...which I assume is part of the restrooms or something...that is all kind of odd, but why would they wait until now to start doing something?!?

are they just talking about the tower when folks say 'Ghirardelli facade will be demolished'?

I would think the bathrooms are there, they also, I would think, need the front part of that facade to block those buildings. When I look at where the artwork is showing people, isn't that already behind the 'facade'?

Edit, not sure what I am saying, but I guess they mean that whole building...which I assume is part of the restrooms or something...that is all kind of odd, but why would they wait until now to start doing something?!?
The Ghirardelli facade is to left of the bathrooms, which are themed like a factory. It’s directly to the right of former Beetlejuice show entrance and is only a facade with nothing behind it for like 20 feet or so.

Edit: And personally I think the concept art is misleading and that facade won’t be leaving. You can see the warehouse building to the right of Fast entrance BEHIND the Ghirardelli facade.

It’s not going. The building behind it is intentionally unthemed. That space is overflow queue, storage, or instant HHN queue space.

I had read on another site that the vehicles are just a reskinned Kong vehicle and that the layout is exactly the same as Kong beat for beat...

To further elaborate my previous "NO" post, the track layouts are not at all the same; it's like saying IASW and El Rio are the same layouts because they're meandering boats that go in a counterclockwise circle.

The Ghirardelli facade is to left of the bathrooms, which are themed like a factory. It’s directly to the right of former Beetlejuice show entrance and is only a facade with nothing behind it for like 20 feet or so.

Edit: And personally I think the concept art is misleading and that facade won’t be leaving. You can see the warehouse building to the right of Fast entrance BEHIND the Ghirardelli facade.

yes, thank you! That is what I was trying to say in that the art shows the folks past/behind the facade, if the facade left, that un-themed building would be in plain sight and makes no sense ;-)

but here is a pic I took in SEPT:

38169196951_2e6e13966d_k.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if Transformers' positive reception is to blame for this clone coming to the park next door. Universal used to have a pretty level head about differentiating attractions amongst both parks and across the resorts. But even cloning the best attraction in the world next door had us feeling the need to justify its placement there back then (it's a tax write-off, it's not replacing anything, etc.).

I wonder if Transformers' positive reception is to blame for this clone coming to the park next door. Universal used to have a pretty level head about differentiating attractions amongst both parks and across the resorts. But even cloning the best attraction in the world next door had us feeling the need to justify its placement there back then (it's a tax write-off, it's not replacing anything, etc.).
Transformers does feel fairly same-y, but like you said: it took up a tiny plot of land, didn't replace anything, cloned a ride that people generally liked, and came as an appetizer for the highly anticipated Diagon Alley one year afterward. Fast and Furious takes up a massive plot of land, replaces a fairly well liked attraction with practical effects, cloned a studio tour section that's fairly unpopular, and the next high-profile project we definitively know about coming to USF is Nintendo, which could still be 3-4 years away.