Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my taste is rather quirky and may seem niche but to be honest, I want to see areas and locations not usually seen in US theme parks. A lot of these big film properties from Sci- fi, fantasy, etc don't add much difference from each other visually (even story wise) and I would rather see something overly breath taking that I didn't realize how much it was needed until it happens. Kinda like Mystic Manor which is 100% original but framed extremely well to create a great story and made me realize I wanted that.

Just look at Universal right now. I love England but do we need any more England based properties based in the parks. There is a great big world out there full of IP locations. Where are the old school middle eastern villages, eastern Asian Kingdoms, Bollywood of India? I mean thank god we get some Africa with Busch Gardens and Animal Kingdom but still can't these locations be represented inside of strictly the same old things over and over. Heck I don't think any of the big name theme parks outside of Alton Towers has even touched a post apocalyptic land. All in all I want innovation, I want creativity, I want new. Which maybe wish I push for obscure non mainstream IPs way more because they would hit those ideas and lands that would be great.

If it has to be IP based, I still think the biggest win would be if Universal gets Studio Ghibli, Disney imagineers is still trying to get theme park rights personally meeting and begging Miyazaki for the past 10 years with no avail. If not that Cartoon Saloon properties based on Irish Folk tales would be great.

A dark ride based on Spirit Away using the town as the queues, full of AAs and the ET name technology where Yubaba steals your name via projection mapping would be something people didn't know they wanted until they saw it. Heck Disney can be like we have floating mountains and Universal can pull out Laputa: Castle in the Sky and be like we got floating cities.

I also wouldn't mind a dark ride based on the Cartoon Network series Over the Garden Wall.

I would love to see a post apocalyptic land somewhere. But that just won't happen for a while.

To be honest, I doubt we will see RP1, due to that in a way, it's the Rodger Rabbit of our era in the terms of brand-name characters popping in and out althroughout.

And while I love Rodger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin at DL (Don't judge), Ready Player One..doesn't scream theme park material to me.

If anything, it screams something more that could be something really unique with the guys over at VOID (The creators of the seeming hit of Secrets of the Empire).

VR is going to head into the parks at some point or another whether we like it or not. Granted, not all the IPs in the movie will be able to be used but I think this could be the vehicle for BTTF and Jaws and other past park rides to return to the park even just as a cameo to keep the people who always want to classics to return, happy.

Mad max would be a great post apocalyptic IP, but it would probably not be that kid friendly. Imagine a chase style ride where you are riding in an interceptor escaping from the mobs of crazy people.

VR is going to head into the parks at some point or another whether we like it or not. Granted, not all the IPs in the movie will be able to be used but I think this could be the vehicle for BTTF and Jaws and other past park rides to return to the park even just as a cameo to keep the people who always want to classics to return, happy.

But most people who want the old IP's back are older folks like myself, and not the type of person who would enjoy VR. We are the ones screaming (loudly) for a future Great Universal Movie ride ;)

But most people who want the old IP's back are older folks like myself, and not the type of person who would enjoy VR. We are the ones screaming (loudly) for a future Great Universal Movie ride ;)

Good point. I’d love to see a movie ride in USF but I can’t see where or when. Putting in any of the other parks wouldn’t make sense but stranger things are happening.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I mean, from an advertising standpoint it makes perfect sense...Make a couple of scenes able to be switched out to advertise the latest films coming out

This is sort of off topic, but do you guys see the Grinch coming to the parks if the new movie does well?
I would think so. But, I also thought the same thing about the Lorax. If the Grinch comes, I can’t see a Winter Wonderland mini-land happening. I’d be shocked if Seuss doesn’t get an expansion soon.

This is sort of off topic, but do you guys see the Grinch coming to the parks if the new movie does well?
A Mt. Krumpit ride has been tossed around multiple times here...Therefore I tend to believe that a concept exists..

It was suggested before that One Fish Two Fish would move to were Green Eggs & Ham is. The Mt. Krumpit ride would be placed there with a Christmas/Whoville mini land (which would make bank I think)

Knowing Universal, they are going to strike when the iron is hot (i.e. when the movie comes out)..

There is a mystery IOA project that fits into one of the "off" years between the big new attractions (Nintendo, HP, etc)...That could potentially be it, but who knows

Blue Sky Park Concept: Home

How do we consume entertainment? We spend times with friends, family, etc in places we call home. We read books, we watch movies, we play video games at home. We grow, we learn, we develop who we are at home. What better theme park concept than one based on home. Multiple stories from the Wizard of Oz, Lord of the Rings, Zelda, Pokemon, Shrek, Fairy Tales etc our protagonists leave home before they go on their journey. Pretty much every journey. every adventure we take in life required us to leave home to explore and maybe find who we are and where we belong.
I think this is a strong unifying concept that convey a sense of an adventure of adventure and display how even when people are on vacation, they are home at Universal Orlando.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Park layout
Two park entrances/exits on the front and one in the back with 5 hubs and multiple spokes and paths leading to different lands as you never know where your journey will take you. Will you take the road less traveled?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to get to lands:
Different buildings hold the keys/entrances to other lands. As stated, for most of us to go on this journeys we went to movie theaters, video game stores, libraries, school, etc, why not use them as magical entrances leading us to potential journeys. Every area is sandwiched with another version of itself in the back as the way to exit. Same IPs may require you to find interesting ways to get into them....hint hint wink wink. You may have to fly on dragons to reach certain areas.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Park Entrance/Exit
First setting upon the park, you walk down a road with the area around reminiscent of the garden in film "Pleasantville". The mood of comfort and beauty should fill the area as you see green, beautiful flowers, the smell of lavender, lilac, grass, and apple fill the air as you walk... closer and closer to the actual park entrance.

You enter the end of the line and you are now in Hill Valley, a mix of the past, the present, and the future. Hill Valley goal is to hide the other park weenies from you to prevent the lack of immersion. You see things you notice familiar things from the film Back to the future films, you see new elements you never expected, and you see things from your hometowns everywhere from a small working pharmacy (only over the counter stuff), convenience stores, etc. Employees are the townspeople who are welcoming, nice, kind, and ready to help you like a good neighbor.

Two parades come through here through the daytime followed by a nighttime projection show with the focus being family.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Library
The Library leads to literary properties that are still books/books adapted to films. The smell of old paper lingers in the air and you journey through this hub. From here, you may find yourself in the World Of Oz, Coraline, Middle Earth, Berk and a huge fairy tale forest that combines multiple different IPs from School of Good and Evil to Shrek to other fairy tale films being produced by Universal.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cinema
The Cinema leads to movie IPs from all over the world....this transports you visually to places exactly like the films/theatre. You may end up taking a monorail ride to Jurassic World, ending up in the Valley of Peace, experiencing Christmas with Rudolph and other friends, Studio Ghibli mini land, Kubo's journey, Universal Great Movie Ride, and lastly coming face to face with the icons of Universal known as the Universal Monsters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Game Store/Arcade
The video game stores transports you through the screens and into the games. Come explore Hyrule Kingdom, go forth and leave home to catch Pokemon, face spirits with Yokai Watch.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Arts Center
The Art Center leads to Universal Broadway where you experience different stage shows/musicals live and in person. Everything in the areas is performing arts based. Ride through a live performance of an original Universal Musical with live actors etc. This is also where you can buy unique props, artwork, etc from Universal.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The School
The School leads to younger generation kid IPs ranging from Curious George and other Universal Kids IPs. Also more educational/interactive based attractions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Universal Park/Back Entrance/Exit
All these IPs are in the middle of the park before it leads to the back side of the park which is a park/neighborhood setting. This is the most picturesque part of the park. In the park there is an amphitheater for the night time spectaculars, a fantastic night time parade, street vendors, two original rides created by Universal Creative, museums, and walk through attractions. Higher level dining options for the park are also present, and the neighborhood consists of in park hotels. This also is the romantic part of the park with couples cafes etc. This area is geared for winding down after a long day of journeying and leads to the back public transport terminal at the hotels.

I would say a Franchise to watch would be Jumanji. It's doing gangbusters at the box office and I'd imagine sequels are already in the works and it would work perfectly as a land/ride.

I would say a Franchise to watch would be Jumanji. It's doing gangbusters at the box office and I'd imagine sequels are already in the works and it would work perfectly as a land/ride.
Yeah Jumanji has to be watched closely.

It will pass Skyfall and Spiderman Homecoming in the US. (Think about that, Jumanji doing better than Spiderman's MCU debut, impossible to imagine last month).

It's going to become Sony's #1 non-Spiderman movie in the US, bigger than an MIB or Bond or Ghostbusters or Jump Street movie.

And it lends itself to sequels as long as they make the story work.

That’s Sony. Who do they play ball with?
Well Sony did give MIB rights to Universal.

I haven't seen it yet, and to be honest I wasn't that interested at first, but it got really good reviews and I think with The Rock, Kevin Hart, and Jack Black it could be a lot of fun. So my interest has been raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.