E3 2018 | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

E3 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Awe, c'mon, where are my Kinectimals fans at?
giphy.gif

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Microsoft has the weakest console this gen. Do people still care about Gears of War and Halo? I mean, I don't.

Microsoft made a plan with the Xbox One to create a tactical strike against Apple and what a future Apple TV could be. They planned for the system to have original content and games (plus the crazy DRM situation). Since Day One they've been backpedaling and rebuilding EVERY CONCEPT they had planned for years prior to release because they got cocky and thought the competition was Apple not Sony and Nintendo. Today, nearly five years later, they have forward momentum again. It goes to show you two things:

1) The importance of actual hardware generations with defined technology standards and new concepts.
2) A good design doc is key, without it you are lost and without direction

Reactions: Magic-Man
Personally I lost interest with halo at 5 because it was starting to look more and more generic, but they seem to be teasing a return to form with Infinite, so they have my attention.

I’ve never cared about Gears, but what they showed of Gears 5 actually looked pretty interesting.

My top 5 hype list of things that have been shown (so far):
  1. Doom Eternal (I would appreciate the campaign to feature co-op, like Halo)
  2. Sekio
  3. Cuphead DLC
  4. Dying Light 2 (please have multiplayer)
  5. Fallout 76 (at #5 because I’m still not 100% sure what this is)

Keep in mind, Microsoft is having a live conference tonight at 6pm EST. They’ll reveal some new games there as well.

Hopefully we see that unnamed exclusive from Playground, as they said they would show it later. And Bohemia Interactive’s exclusive should be there as well.

I just want to see their Avengers game.

I have to think they will show that, as it makes sense considering we haven't heard anything about the Marvel collab, outside of a few writers coming in here and there.

I think, this is where we see the first blowout of what Crystal Dynamics is doing with Marvel.

Reactions: Mike S
There was a lot of the stuff from the Microsoft E3 conference that I want, of course it helps that with all first party games if you buy it on Xbox/PC you get a copy for the other for free, Halo yes please !, Gears, yes please ! Forza, always ! My main game machine is a PC but I also play a ton of stuff on my Xbox as well. Xbox and PC Gamer conferences are my main interests this year I will watch the others or at least catch the highlights.