Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 369 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, it looks like F&F has some serious competition for negative attraction feedback. Reading the WDW Magic and Theme Park Insider comments on Pixar Pier & the coaster, readers are trashing it on a F&F trashing level. This has been a bad two month period for theme park creative staff.
That is a roller coaster though. You can theme it one way or another but the ride is the ride unless maintenance is bad and they let it go to poop, but Intamin usually has quality track. This is rerideable regardless of disappointing theme.

That is also a ridiculously lame and unnecessary auto edit. Do we really need that?

That is a roller coaster though. You can theme it one way or another but the ride is the ride unless maintenance is bad and they let it go to poop, but Intamin usually has quality track. This is rerideable regardless of disappointing theme.

That is also a ridiculously lame and unnecessary auto edit. Do we really need that?

I literally thought the same thing you said. For how bad the incredibles overlay is, it is still an enhancement to a coaster that had no theme to it.

THIS! Even if a ride is "so bad it's good". In the end, it's still BAD. Eventually the "joke" wears thin, and you're still left with :poop:

I think that campiness is acceptable in small doses. However, it becomes unacceptable when that is all it is or when it is the opposite of what was intended. Mystic Timbers at KI is a good but short coaster. The Shed was reviled because people thought a lot more would happen due to the build-up. I have a friend who loves the ride but hates that part. For me, it is alright because it is at the end and does nothing to detract from the coaster.

I just disagree on that, entertainment succeeds if it entertains, no matter how.

After a while the bad effects and the bad acting and the annoying ride system will stop being funny and cute and will get annoying and feel like a waste of time

Dont forget this is not like going to the Mall and playing a dumb game for a quarter.... you only have so much time at the park at any given day and sometimes time could be the difference between doing this, the Simpsons or Transformers or Fallon, if you only have certain amount of time you wont waste it on a bad ride .

the cheesiness and humor of the ride is totally fine if you are a local and have a year pass, you can just go and be amused by this silly ride.
A family that is coming from across the country and only have TWO Days to experience the park will not find the ride quirky or cheesy or silly to laugh at, if people missed their chance to do Simpsons or Transformers to do this, you Bet they might get pissed...
Not everyone has the chance to go to the parks often. SPECIALLY if you are coming from over seas. anyone coming from another country and seeing the reviews for this ride on google would be insane to Not skip it.....

as a Local i can totally see how this bad ride with its cheesy everything can be amusing for a florida person, but if i was taking my family across the country for our one yearly vacation and this is what i get, you bet i would be furious with universal. Specially with the way it is being advertised.
You can easily avoid something like Fear Factor or the Horror make up show because you know they are shows. you kinda know what is going to be inside. With this ride you are expecting something amazing.

At least Kong has the giant gorilla at the end and the effects look a lot better. at least Kong doesnt have a cringe amount of pre shows. the witch lady animatronic is awesome to see in on itself.

Rode it Tuesday, its just ok. Is it above average no, but its ok. The queue smells just like pepboys, really nice queue. Preshows, nah I'm not feeling them at all but ya know whatever it beats just standing in switchbacks. Yes cartoonish 360 much, but ok ride. 3/10 I probably wont ride this again.
I have a feeling that if they took out the pre show stuff people might not get as pissed as this ride.

This ride pisses you off right from the beginning before you even set foot in the ride. you are already annoyed by the time you get to the ride itself

Yeah I don’t think the campiness is really an issue. I’ve seen this compared to Twister and I don’t think that’s a fair comparison. Twister as an example may have a little campiness, but it does it’s job. The attraction was supposed to give you an experience of seeing a tornado and it did that. I think where F&F fails the hardest is the ride system. Most general public guest go into this with an expectation of experiencing a fast racing type ride. I think most people could overlook the campiness and horrible CGI if the ride delivered the right experience.

I hate to say this and i dont meant to make it about "Screenz" but Twister was cool because you actually felt and saw the twister effects. having practical elements on the ride was really cool. Maybe if this ride had real cars going by or had more practical elements it could measure up to Twister.

I think the only reason for the pre-shows is because when you think about a Fast and Furious ride you are expecting a race, not a drive to a race party.
I had mixed reactions to the pre shows. They seemed dependent on the cast member who did them. I thought the pre shows were OK when they had cast members who under played their roles. However, some team members seemed to want to be 'the show' and overplayed the roles to the point of pure corniness. Those were somewhat annoying. I think Universal needs to monitor these performances and get some of these team members to tone down their overacting.

Reactions: Skold
I had mixed reactions to the pre shows. They seemed dependent on the cast member who did them. I thought the pre shows were OK when they had cast members who under played their roles. However, some team members seemed to want to be 'the show' and overplayed the roles to the point of pure corniness. Those were somewhat annoying. I think Universal needs to monitor these performances and get some of these team members to tone down their overacting.
I honestly don't remember a single thing about them haha...Perhaps they are better cut, idk

This. Some have pretty great timing when replying to the videos. Some just talk during every single pause. "I got this", "Oh, you got this", "Oh okay then", trying to insert even more corniness into an already campy set-up.

As much as I don't like when the TMs put too much into these, that has got to be the worst "show" part in the parks. Imagine having to talk to stills of Vin Diesel and The Rock all day everyday. Yeeesh. They were all probably hoping to be wand magicians or something. :blackeye:

you only have so much time at the park at any given day and sometimes time could be the difference between doing this, the Simpsons or Transformers or Fallon, if you only have certain amount of time you wont waste it on a bad ride .
Of that list, Transformer is the only ride that’s better, IMO.

Supercharged has virtual queue or is almost nearly a walk-on. The park needed something like that. I wish Kong was that easy!

Of that list, Transformer is the only ride that’s better, IMO.

Supercharged has virtual queue or is almost nearly a walk-on. The park needed something like that. I wish Kong was that easy!
You have a fascination with this ride that I will absolutely never understand. But to each their own. Maybe part of the issue is you’ve never had to wait long for such an underwhelming experience.

There’s no way the Simpsons is worse than this imo and Fallon at least has its queue.

You have a fascination with this ride that I will absolutely never understand. But to each their own. Maybe part of the issue is you’ve never had to wait long for such an underwhelming experience.

There’s no way the Simpsons is worse than this imo and Fallon at least has its queue.
Simpson’s is hot garbage now. It should be torn down yesterday!