Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 355 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With most of these projects you can fill pond in, but have to relocate it somewhere else to offset the loss. Especially since they'll being adding impermeable surfaces with construction, they'll have to add retention ponds somewhere to prevent runoff into Shingle Creek.

Messed around with a possible map idea but it clearly has a lot of issues (the acre count is estimated) but this is what I've drawn up from what I'd like to see and what will probably be required. Roads are green.

uo south map.jpg

I'd like to see something similar to Disneyland with a CityWalk going between the two parks. I think there will only be one parking garage, bigger acreage than the current car park and maybe a few stories taller. I think we'll see a hotel attached to the park similar to the Grand Californian. I think the water park will need to be close to the car park.

Messed around with a possible map idea but it clearly has a lot of issues (the acre count is estimated) but this is what I've drawn up from what I'd like to see and what will probably be required. Roads are green.

View attachment 7117

I'd like to see something similar to Disneyland with a CityWalk going between the two parks. I think there will only be one parking garage, bigger acreage than the current car park and maybe a few stories taller. I think we'll see a hotel attached to the park similar to the Grand Californian. I think the water park will need to be close to the car park.

Love it, but one problem. Having the waterpark and one of the hotels so close to the plant could create sightline problems. They could work around that, however.

EDIT: Do they own the land that the car park resides on in your plans? There's clearly something there.

Love it, but one problem. Having the waterpark and one of the hotels so close to the plant could create sightline problems. They could work around that, however.

EDIT: Do they own the land that the car park resides on in your plans? There's clearly something there.

I don’t think they do actually. I’ve made a huge mistake backing the theme park against that road. It should probably switch places with the water park.
Keep in mind Scott that those ponds do not have to stay as is.

I’m working from the pdf that wad uploaded a while back. It’s fairly recent and seems to include canals connecting the ponds that don’t seem to exist yet.

Looking between the parcels of land, there does seem to be slight gaps where I assume roads will be going.

Reactions: Magic-Man

View attachment 7117

Easy fix to the sewer plant issue is just shifting the car park up and making the “back of house” almost like a number 7- with a thin line of back of house butting up to the sewer plant side. Then just shift everything else over left.

Thanks for the pics. No one does it like you.

Easy fix to the sewer plant issue is just shifting the car park up and making the “back of house” almost like a number 7- with a thin line of back of house butting up to the sewer plant side. Then just shift everything else over left.

Thanks for the pics. No one does it like you.

The "back of house" stuff is things we've already seen permits for. So presumably that's set in stone

Reactions: jtsalien
Question: Is there any chance of them including a sports stadium (for spring training and possibly NFL Pro-Bowl) into the entertainment plaza? Or would Disney (WWoS) prevent them from doing that?

Question: Is there any chance of them including a sports stadium (for spring training and possibly NFL Pro-Bowl) into the entertainment plaza? Or would Disney (WWoS) prevent them from doing that?
I seriously doubt it. A stadium built for those purposes would be empty 80% of the year. The only reason WWoS is successful is because it hosts tournaments all throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.