Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

I feel like a lot of the GP that do not visit the park often are unaware of different events and shows taking place. Having a 15 min and 5 min show time announcement could be good for people that are just roaming the park to know that there is a show going on soon.

Saw again tonight, a few thoughts:
-narration was great
-lasers were cool, but don’t add much

And some big picture problems with the show:
-the IP segments are too few and too long, and feature WAY too much content that isn’t actually featured in the parks (HtTYD, KFP, Trolls), these are understandably present but they’re far too long. More franchises should be featured with shorter segments, honestly Potter is the only segment that feels appropriately lengthed
-spread out that pyro, Trolls has a comically large amount compared to other segments
-The Optimus statue should SO be lit up at some point during the Transformers section, that is an outrage (and if Jaws ever gets a segment, go ahead and light up Bruce at the end and possibly the Amity water tower if visible).

Even though this is technically Grand Opened, there's still a lot of work going on. As I said a few weeks ago, the viewing area isn't finished and it still isn't. They're also still working on the show.

For those wondering, once they finish the viewing area, the park will be open during the day. It's not open for you to wander around right now because there's literally electrical cables lying about/uncovered.

Was it ever talked about that the show’s name was supposed to have a subtitle? It was supposed to be Universal Orlando Cinematic Celebration: Epic Cinema Under the Stars.

It still is that way on many internal documents.

Even though this is technically Grand Opened, there's still a lot of work going on. As I said a few weeks ago, the viewing area isn't finished and it still isn't. They're also still working on the show.

For those wondering, once they finish the viewing area, the park will be open during the day. It's not open for you to wander around right now because there's literally electrical cables lying about/uncovered.

I remember @MrPipps saying that two or three weeks before Softs began; that they wanted the show done ASAP. And that, they are going to get everything else that should've been permanent added over the course of the next few months.

Was it ever talked about that the show’s name was supposed to have a subtitle? It was supposed to be Universal Orlando Cinematic Celebration: Epic Cinema Under the Stars.

It still is that way on many internal documents.
So that's what all of the epic shipping crates are about.

They just don't know when to say enough is enough when trying to name something right now. At least they dropped that subtitle last minute.

Maybe they can clean this up some too
"Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites & Dockside Inn and Suites"

I've watched this show on YouTube multiple times now and here are some brief thoughts..

Not a big fan of the seemingly thrown together IP's. I understand the thought behind it, but it feels like there's no rhyme or reason to the order. That's overthinking a show that isn't meant to be overthought, though.

In which that brings me to the overall consensus that I love the show. The fireworks, fountains, and lasers are an incredible step up from the last show (which I adored...not a popular opinion, I know). The ability to overlay shows and remove/add IP's will be valuable to them in the long run.

Overall, a great addition to the park and a huge step back in the right direction. Also, Aiello's joy is infectious.

The show gets cheers and standing ovations every night and it is not only keeping guests in the park later, it’s making the end of their day more satisfying and Universal gets to sell their glow toys.

Despite my thoughts of this show being just so-so, the public seems to really like it, which is what ultimately counts.

The show gets cheers and standing ovations every night and it is not only keeping guests in the park later, it’s making the end of their day more satisfying and Universal gets to sell their glow toys.

Despite my thoughts of this show being just so-so, the public seems to really like it, which is what ultimately counts.
Yep. I haven’t read one bad review outside of message boards.