Nintendo Switch | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Smash and Pokemon are the big games for the rest of the year. It shouldn't be a surprise they get the focus
Hearing more about the Let’s Go games is turning me off. They seem like they’re being made incredibly easy. I’ll likely just get Smash and see how next year’s Pokémon is.

They haven’t really advertised Pokémon that much, either. The last two-and-a-half Directs have been completely centered on Smash, and it’s kinda annoying.

You want to show more Smash stuff? Fine. But don’t falsely brand it as a Nintendo Direct.

They haven’t really advertised Pokémon that much, either. The last two-and-a-half Directs have been completely centered on Smash, and it’s kinda annoying.

You want to show more Smash stuff? Fine. But don’t falsely brand it as a Nintendo Direct.

"Nintendo Direct" is any video Nintendo releases that gives information about their games. They said when they announced it the Direct would be about Smash

I mean yea, Let's Go is meant to be an entry point in the series, not for seasoned Pokemon players.

As someone who has never played a core Pokemon title, Let's Go is my introduction. And to be honest; I'm perfectly fine with something that'll introduce me to some of the series mechanics and with also giving me the chance to dip my toes into the franchise.

"Nintendo Direct" is any video Nintendo releases that gives information about their games. They said when they announced it the Direct would be about Smash

Why don’t they call it what it is: A Smash livestream? Microsoft and Sony don’t call their game livestreams “Microsoft/Sony Directs”. Plus, it alienates a lot of the Nintendo fanbase who could care less about Smash.

Why haven’t they advertised Mario Party, Pokémon, or any other game this much?

Why don’t they call it what it is: A Smash livestream? Microsoft and Sony don’t call their game livestreams “Microsoft/Sony Directs”. Plus, it alienates a lot of the Nintendo fanbase who could care less about Smash.

Have you just started following Nintendo? This has been the way they do things for years.

Smash ALWAYS has a ton of reveal videos like this. Just the way it is.

(Also no one cares about Mario Party)

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Have you just started following Nintendo? This has been the way they do things for years.

Smash ALWAYS has a ton of reveal videos like this. Just the way it is.

(Also no one cares about Mario Party)

I’m fine with them advertising it, just not they’re doing it. Don’t call them Directs, that’s all I want.

Also, I’d rather watch a Mario Party livestream than Smash at this point.

A Direct should feature multiple games, not just one. Hence “Nintendo”. Not Smash.

...okay. I mean, that's not what Nintendo is going for or has ever gone for. The "Nintendo Direct" moniker is to denote that Nintendo is talking "direct" with the people. It has nothing to do with the number of games in a Direct

I mean yea, Let's Go is meant to be an entry point in the series, not for seasoned Pokemon players.
I stopped around Gen 4 so I’m not really seasoned either at least with all the recent stuff. I mean I was fine when it seemed like all they did was change wild encounters but it’s looking like the game will hold your hand beginning to end.

SmashDirect.jpg

Shame on Nintendo for only focusing on Smash. They didn't communicate they would do that at all. Those b*stards.