The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, after catching up on this thread, I'm getting the implication that every substantial project (at IOA and USF) beyond Potter and Bourne is now on hold for an indefinite period of time, if they ever happen at all, yes?

For lack of a better phrase, that sucks.
If they’re going to build not only a new park but a new resort down there, I’d rather they do it right and go through a slow period at the existing parks rather than them half assing the new park like Disney did with DHS, DAK, DCA, WDSP, etc

If they’re going to build not only a new park but a new resort down there, I’d rather they do it right and go through a slow period at the existing parks rather than them half assing the new park like Disney did with DHS, DAK, DCA, WDSP, etc
Those had everything to do with budget and nothing to do with speed. Remember Epcot took 3 years to build, same as California Adventure. But CA's budget was half of EPCOT's, not even accounting for inflation

Reactions: Disneyhead
It's unfathomable, tbh.

They probably way undershot the operating cost for a real water park.

EDIT: TapuTapu is also a weight on the place. When the park is packed, TapuTapu makes it seem like people can't do anything in the park without a 2 hour wait, which upsets people. Upset people don't spend money on food, drinks, and merch. They leave and demand a refund.

Parks don't make their money on admission. They make it on the stuff they sell inside.

That exactly happened with me and my wife. We arrived there, extremely full, no way to ride any rides (according TapuTapu at least 90min wait) ... We left after a couple of hours of sun. My wife swears she never will came back

Reactions: therock
I think the Sky deal is the biggest cause of these issues. You don't pony up $34 billion out of thin air. It's easier to reduce investment into future upgrades vs. ticket price increases (which happen annually anyway).

Volcano Bay is great!*

*When it's not crowded and you go at 8 AM, everything is working, and Taurus is with Saturn.

I think the Sky deal is the biggest cause of these issues. You don't pony up $34 billion out of thin air. It's easier to reduce investment into future upgrades vs. ticket price increases (which happen annually anyway).

Volcano Bay is great!*

*When it's not crowded and you go at 8 AM, everything is working, and Taurus is with Saturn.
It appears that Volcano Bay 'is' the major culprit. An 'overly optimistic revenue projection increase' for the year has been sidetracked by the continual capacity issues of Volcano Bay. Added to that is the poor performance of F&F. ...Funny thing is most of us 'amateurs' on IU could see those problems developing, while those professionals who put the budget together for Universal Orlando completely misread the tea leaves.

Reactions: tankart150
If Volcano Bay's issue is with capacity and truly hurting it's revenue/profits/guest surveys, would UO not already have invested in the expansion? (Sorry for side-tracking)

If Volcano Bay's issue is with capacity and truly hurting it's revenue/profits/guest surveys, would UO not already have invested in the expansion? (Sorry for side-tracking)
Possibly the expansion plans have been looked at again, to maximize space. I would hate for them to build another (extreme) thrill slide, when they need more slides for chickens like me that hate body slides. Perhaps plans have been retooled to get the most capacity/appeal to the broadest audience.

No inside info, just a thought.

Possibly the expansion plans have been looked at again, to maximize space. I would hate for them to build another (extreme) thrill slide, when they need more slides for chickens like me that hate body slides. Perhaps plans have been retooled to get the most capacity/appeal to the broadest audience.

No inside info, just a thought.

Whatever happens they need another water coaster to take the load off of Krakatau

Seems holding off on the expansion was a major managerial mistake that is now biting them in the butt.

Expansion won't matter if they can't get the park working operationally on busy days.

Whatever happens they need another water coaster to take the load off of Krakatau
I think the opposite. They add another ride that is always a 3 hour wait and people will get even more discouraged. I think they need a new tower with several slides to really add some capacity to this park, like Wet 'n Wild did in the 1990s. One tower, 4 rides, lots of capacity, small footprint. Help spread the crowds out and give people more to do than just wait for ride times to come around.

I think the opposite. They add another ride that is always a 3 hour wait and people will get even more discouraged. I think they need a new tower with several slides to really add some capacity to this park, like Wet 'n Wild did in the 1990s. One tower, 4 rides, lots of capacity, small footprint. Help spread the crowds out and give people more to do than just wait for ride times to come around.

Porque no los dos?

Watercoaster going around the perimeter of the expansion pad, big slide complex in the middle.

If they don't add another coaster to the park they're making a huge mistake.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts