The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has it though, been more established of what Zelda could be outside of the obvious proof of concept that Universal showed for what they could do with Nintendo? For all we know, they could easily be doing something completely different, as opposed to what was rooted in the original key-art.

That said, I'm speaking in hypotheticals when it comes to this; but I don't think it's fair to say what would be more likely for something with Nintendo right now on the tunic-wearing hero of Hyrule.

It's even to be remembered that Breath of the Wild , the most successful zelda of all time now, wasn't even a thing beyond a few teaser trailers when Universal initially pitched that proof of concept.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Has it though, been more established of what Zelda could be outside of the obvious proof of concept that Universal showed for what they could do with Nintendo? For all we know, they could easily be doing something completely different, as opposed to what was rooted in the original key-art.

That said, I'm speaking in hypotheticals when it comes to this; but I don't think it's fair to say what would be more likely for something with Nintendo right now on the tunic-wearing hero of Hyrule.
I am suspicious about some of the content in the supposed "leaked" concept art.

I am suspicious about some of the content in the supposed "leaked" concept art.

Then how about I reword it as "Oh look, the stuff that Gary Snyder posted back in June of 2017".

That said, I don't buy what was shown there, being what we will see for Zelda. And to be honest, I think what we could see for Hyrule, is completely different than what everyone wants from it.

Then how about I reword it as "Oh look, the stuff that Gary Snyder posted back in June of 2017".

That said, I don't buy what was shown there, being what we will see for Zelda. And to be honest, I think what we could see for Hyrule, is completely different than what everyone wants from it.

What would be there that people wouldn’t want? It’s probably getting a dark-ride, and maybe that puzzle-theater. What else could it be?

What would be there that people wouldn’t want? It’s probably getting a dark-ride, and maybe that puzzle-theater. What else could it be?

I mean, doing something not what we assume of.

Of-course you will have an E-Ticket, and probably quite a bit of interactive elements. But I don't necessarily think doing Castle Hyrule from Breath of The Wild (Pre-Ganon) off of a certain style that is already known being enough.

I want to throw this to the table. In Mario, he has a distinct and already recognizable style that is more easily adaptable than Pokemon or Zelda, because with those two; you have to pick and choose what you use with the respected IP's.

What if..they don't use a style already being represented, but worked closely with artisans and executives from the Zelda franchise, to create something that can stand on it's own merits. One that can not be limited to it's original source, and does something timeless with itself? That, is what I'm wondering of, because you will have people who will be on the fence if it's one thing or another. It would certainly open up options, and would allow Universal and Nintendo to have a much more direct relationship to how things are to be handled.

That, is my feelings towards the subject. I don't think it's going to be what people expect, but I do think if Universal Creative is doing it, it's not going to be exactly what we want.

It would also open the door to elevate a level of interactivity to what people can do in the land, especially if Galaxy's Edge is a success on the immersion levels they are aiming for for WDI.

Last edited:
I mean, doing something not what we assume of.

Of-course you will have an E-Ticket, and probably quite a bit of interactive elements. But I don't necessarily think doing Castle Hyrule from Breath of The Wild (Pre-Ganon) off of a certain style that is already known being enough.

I want to throw this to the table. In Mario, he has a distinct and already recognizable style that is more easily adaptable than Pokemon or Zelda, because with those two; you have to pick and choose what you use with the respected IP's.

What if..they don't use a style already being represented, but worked closely with artisans and executives from the Zelda franchise, to create something that can stand on it's own merits. One that can not be limited to it's original source, and does something timeless with itself? That, is what I'm wondering of, because you will have people who will be on the fence if it's one thing or another. It would certainly open up options, and would allow Universal and Nintendo to have a much more direct relationship to how things are to be handled.

That, is my feelings towards the subject. I don't think it's going to be what people expect, but I do think if Universal Creative is doing it, it's not going to be exactly what we want.

It would also open the door to elevate a level of interactivity to what people can do in the land, especially if Galaxy's Edge is a success on the immersion levels they are aiming for for WDI.
The Castle could certainly be based on BotW without problem imo and your idea of doing something new could be applied to Castle Town as we never really see what it’s like pre-Calamity. It’s a clean slate. It could have a Milk Bar, Happy Mask Shop, Goron & Zora shops, mini-game shop, etc.

Do we have any idea how that puzzle theater concept was supposed to scale?

If I remember the puzzle theater artwork right, it looked like something I did in Boston years ago.

Groups of 10-15 were let in at a time. Nobody knew each other. It was a series of rooms where your group had to finish a puzzle to advance to the next room.

In this variation, each puzzle was built for 2-3 tops, so it was this aggressive race to be involved in the action. I really disliked the experience.

Regardless, unless you had dozens of rooms, it wouldn’t scale that well. This setup had a throughput of (maybe!) 50 an hour. 75, tops.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Do we have any idea how that puzzle theater concept was supposed to scale?

If I remember the puzzle theater artwork right, it looked like something I did in Boston years ago.

Groups of 10-15 were let in at a time. Nobody knew each other. It was a series of rooms where your group had to finish a puzzle to advance to the next room.

In this variation, each puzzle was built for 2-3 tops, so it was this aggressive race to be involved in the action. I really disliked the experience.

Regardless, unless you had dozens of rooms, it wouldn’t scale that well. This setup had a throughput of (maybe!) 50 an hour. 75, tops.
I believe the concept involved a moving theater style(kind of)but with different seating sections surrounding a central piece. Each section moved independent of each other and would maneuver almost like puzzle pieces sometimes interlocking and sometimes up, down, and side to side.

It’s more of a ride where the guest are parts of the puzzle with the attraction based all around enveloping them in the action. But maybe I interpreted it wrong. Looked rather interesting though.

Yep. And it was more than just a couple of meetings.

I was told management is "pissed" about the leaks. And the last time phrases like that were thrown around people got fired. So, yeah, the ship should tighten.
They better keep the info to a tight group because they aren't paying enough for the average employee to care nor able to track that at that level unless someone is stupid.