The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Renewed emphasis.

I'll say this: My conversations with a couple of my sources have shifted from what's happening, to why they shouldn't talk.

Best guess is that they are about to start awarding contracts for manufacturers and construction companies. With construction expected to start next year and speed up in 2020, it fits the timeline perfectly.

I mean, doing something not what we assume of.

Of-course you will have an E-Ticket, and probably quite a bit of interactive elements. But I don't necessarily think doing Castle Hyrule from Breath of The Wild (Pre-Ganon) off of a certain style that is already known being enough.

I want to throw this to the table. In Mario, he has a distinct and already recognizable style that is more easily adaptable than Pokemon or Zelda, because with those two; you have to pick and choose what you use with the respected IP's.

What if..they don't use a style already being represented, but worked closely with artisans and executives from the Zelda franchise, to create something that can stand on it's own merits. One that can not be limited to it's original source, and does something timeless with itself? That, is what I'm wondering of, because you will have people who will be on the fence if it's one thing or another. It would certainly open up options, and would allow Universal and Nintendo to have a much more direct relationship to how things are to be handled.

That, is my feelings towards the subject. I don't think it's going to be what people expect, but I do think if Universal Creative is doing it, it's not going to be exactly what we want.

It would also open the door to elevate a level of interactivity to what people can do in the land, especially if Galaxy's Edge is a success on the immersion levels they are aiming for for WDI.

Well, whatever they end up doing with it, be it drawing from a specific game or going with their own interpretation, i hope they think out of the box thematically versus just Hyrule Castle-Castle Town- Lost Woods considering Hogwarts Castle-Hogsmeade- soon to be Forbiden Forest (?) is right next door.

Well, whatever they end up doing with it, be it drawing from a specific game or going with their own interpretation, i hope they think out of the box thematically versus just Hyrule Castle-Castle Town- Lost Woods considering Hogwarts Castle-Hogsmeade- soon to be Forbiden Forest (?) is right next door.
I think the aesthetic differences would blend nicely...Almost a call back to the original LC

Also, a forest in IOA would be very welcomed haha

No other areas are as central to the series except maybe Death Mountain and I can’t really see them basing the whole land on that just because they don’t want similarities to HP. If they cared about similarities that much we wouldn’t have Fallon, Transformers, F&F, etc.
I think the aesthetic differences would blend nicely...Almost a call back to the original LC

Also, a forest in IOA would be very welcomed haha
Not to mention the Lost Woods on the HP side would be a very nice transition.

They should 100% do a Wind Waker land. Castle Town is boring as all get out. I'd rather get into the wilds of Zelda.

No other areas are as central to the series except maybe Death Mountain and I can’t really see them basing the whole land on that just because they don’t want similarities to HP. If they cared about similarities that much we wouldn’t have Fallon, Transformers, F&F, etc.

While I'm gonna concede that they probably don't actually care, and that they can make it work, aesthetic/thematic land similarities and ride similarities are different and have their own issues. That said , provided they go with Botw/OoT/Alttp influences there isn't really anywhere to use but Hyrule Castle-Castle Town-Lost Woods- maybe a Horse Stables Inn that doesn't have it's own problems. But I would still hope thematically and aesthetically they can pull it off in a way that's very differentiated especially for the general public who wouldn't care about minor nuances.

While I'm gonna concede that they probably don't actually care, and that they can make it work, aesthetic/thematic land similarities and ride similarities are different and have their own issues. That said , provided they go with Botw/OoT/Alttp influences there isn't really anywhere to use but Hyrule Castle-Castle Town-Lost Woods- maybe a Horse Stables Inn that doesn't have it's own problems. But I would still hope thematically and aesthetically they can pull it off in a way that's very differentiated especially for the general public who wouldn't care about minor nuances.
Simple: It wouldn’t look a thing like Harry Potter and would look like Zelda. That’s already a very different aesthetic.

Reactions: Magic-Man

I mean if they do Breath of the Wild there are plenty of better options than Hyrule Castle for sure

I mean if they do Breath of the Wild there are plenty of better options than Hyrule Castle for sure
Death Mountain-Goron City etc area with a mine cart ride would be cool. Was thinking Gerudo would be a pain and so would Rito. And Zora i was thinking they would have to have a water ride to really tie it in, but they could do a boat ride or really anything.

Death Mountain-Goron City etc area with a mine cart ride would be cool. Was thinking Gerudo would be a pain and so would Rito. And Zora i was thinking they would have to have a water ride to really tie it in, but they could do a boat ride or really anything.

I just do not get the desire for Castle Town when there are so many better destinations in the Zelda games. We literally have Castle Town 100 yards away in Hogsmeade. Doing another would make no sense.

Reactions: Jones14
Death Mountain/Gordon Village or Zora’s Domain would be waaaaaay cooler locations. Both are central enough. We an visit the castle on a ride.
And Zora’s Domain as it exists in BotW would be a pain to realize in a theme park. I’d love to see it but I know it’s not going to happen. Death Mountain also doesn’t really show what Zelda is as a whole.

Like the Dragon Challenge thing though I’m once again proven right by Universal themselves. Pray tell, what locations were used in those original drawn up plans? Oh, that’s right, Castle Town and the Lost Woods ;)

Even if they’ve gone back to the drawing board on what’s included attraction wise I doubt the locations will change.

I just do not get the desire for Castle Town when there are so many better destinations in the Zelda games. We literally have Castle Town 100 yards away in Hogsmeade. Doing another would make no sense.
Its presence in basically every Zelda game is bare bones and would basically have to be fabricated from scratch anyways too, and when it comes to unifying locations that's been in multiple games, Death Mountain or even kakariko village works just as well. Heck thinking about it more I'd be really cool with Lost Woods w Deku Tree - Death Mountain- Goron City at whatever scale makes that work.

Reactions: JungleSkip