Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 398 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems as if Stan Thomas has finally given up the game in Orlando.

A bunch of assignments were posted for AFF Universal (the lender that's been suing Stan Thomas in Orlando recently) and it appears that Stan Thomas' remaining land in Orlando is now held by Gamma Real Estate, a lender out of New York under their GRE Delta LLC.

So we might see some parcels hit the market again soon. Universal would probably want those 2 large parcels on Universal Blvd. that they didn't get last time if this is indeed the case.

It seems as if Stan Thomas has finally given up the game in Orlando.

A bunch of assignments were posted for AFF Universal (the lender that's been suing Stan Thomas in Orlando recently) and it appears that Stan Thomas' remaining land in Orlando is now held by Gamma Real Estate, a lender out of New York under their GRE Delta LLC.

So we might see some parcels hit the market again soon. Universal would probably want those 2 large parcels on Universal Blvd. that they didn't get last time if this is indeed the case.

Out of curiosity..where, are those two large parcels?

Out of curiosity..where, are those two large parcels?
OwAGaEl.jpg

It'd be those red parcels that changed hands if such a transaction did occur.

I'd assume Universal would want those 2 larger ones on Universal Blvd.

OwAGaEl.jpg

Seeing this makes me feel that Universal should reach out to Rosen about partnering with Shingle Creek a la Swan and Dolphin, but not sure if the deal with Loew's would allow it.

Reactions: HPFred and Andysol
Seeing this makes me feel that Universal should reach out to Rosen about partnering with Shingle Creek a la Swan and Dolphin, but not sure if the deal with Loew's would allow it.

I would honestly argue that it'd be a great deal. Partner with Shingle; and do something cross-promoted with The Golf Channel, I think they could do that very nicely. But yeah, it matters more to wonder how Loews would feel of it.

Reactions: Andysol
Because things aren't ready yet?

Although, Dave is probably right. The closest we will get to see Nintendo will either be by Hollywood by a surprise..or by Osaka, and that it'd be a kickstart for pushing the land for a 2020 launch.
Let me rephrase: If it’s not ready for info to release in 2018, why say you’ll release info in 2018.
2019 Blog Post: "Nintendo this year, we promise!"
Pretty much :lol:

Reactions: Andysol
Yeah, they might not be ready to announce Nintendo details until they announce the third park, considering it might go there. So let's not hold our breath for a little bit.

OwAGaEl.jpg

Any idea of what the new owner's basis in these is? I am sure Uni has determined it so they can tailor the bid to the circumstances.

When I read bots were starting to write articles the first site I thought of was the motley fool. That site seems to exist just to have content available for anything that could get clicks. I am not sure that humans actually write all of their stuff.
I’m convinced that humans write their articles.

I could see some kind of bot being used to help establish what to write and what kind of tone to take. For example, they may know that negative stories about Universal get more clicks, so a human has to write a negative article about Universal using whatever news happened.

I’m convinced that humans write their articles.

I could see some kind of bot being used to help establish what to write and what kind of tone to take. For example, they may know that negative stories about Universal get more clicks, so a human has to write a negative article about Universal using whatever news happened.
I could see a bot writing most of the articles and a human editor covering up the imperfections. If the bot were good enough a site could churn out a crazy number of articles with little overhead. If the reddit TL,DR bot can summarize other sites articles decently some site could even just yank shorter versions of everyone else's content.

When I read bots were starting to write articles the first site I thought of was the motley fool. That site seems to exist just to have content available for anything that could get clicks. I am not sure that humans actually write all of their stuff.

Just pointing out that the human who wrote that article did disclose that they are a Disney shareholder. FWIW, I have seen that name on a few Fool articles in the past where he seemed to paint UoR in a positive light. May he was just poking WDW to react to UNI more than they were a few years ago.

Reactions: Ridgepole
Just pointing out that the human who wrote that article did disclose that they are a Disney shareholder. FWIW, I have seen that name on a few Fool articles in the past where he seemed to paint UoR in a positive light. May he was just poking WDW to react to UNI more than they were a few years ago.
Not saying this site is doing it yet but we are at the point where sites are going to have footnotes like that that make them see more legit when they are bots. I mean shady ppl have been using BBB as seen on tv stuff for a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Drackman
Any idea of what the new owner's basis in these is? I am sure Uni has determined it so they can tailor the bid to the circumstances.
Original AFF Universal debt was $27 million. I think the GRE loan was $35 million, so that should be the basis.

Reactions: HPFred
Status
Not open for further replies.