Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 400 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ya'll. So came across new plans from Universal that expands on the warehouse and office space they have in the works for the Uni Blvd land. Adds another 53k of warehouse and 9k of office. This feels like just more back of house prep for the future big stuff. No word form my Uni sources on what for and I doubt they will tell. But figured I'd share.

Here's the link if you're curious [it is behind a paywall as usual ... must appease corporate overlords, ya know] or see the pics below: https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...sal-orlandos-sand-lake-road-project-gets.html

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 12.08.08 PM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 12.08.08 PM (2).png
    408.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 12.09.22 PM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 12.09.22 PM (2).png
    406.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 12.14.18 PM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 12.14.18 PM (2).png
    313.4 KB · Views: 84
Hey ya'll. So came across new plans from Universal that expands on the warehouse and office space they have in the works for the Uni Blvd land. Adds another 53k of warehouse and 9k of office. This feels like just more back of house prep for the future big stuff. No word form my Uni sources on what for and I doubt they will tell. But figured I'd share.

Here's the link if you're curious [it is behind a paywall as usual ... must appease corporate overlords, ya know] or see the pics below: https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...sal-orlandos-sand-lake-road-project-gets.html

Great find! I wonder if the new park will be right under the warehouses?

This appears to be different from the original plans (before they fully acquired Stan Thomas' land around the main part of the future south resort). In the original plans, the warehouses were all lined up against Sand Lake from west to east.

Now they're stacking all of the warehouses/back office in the northeast/east part of the lands against the waste treatment plant.

Sensible changes that open up more options later on if they work out land trades with Lockheed later (at least for that 40 acres of Lockheed land that will end up east of Kirkman). Much better arrangement for the long-term future of the resort.

I had no idea that Universal now stands out on the horizon from Disney! Fun look.

I remember being day sat up at the bar chatting with the bar man a few years ago, back then you could just about make the Orlando eye.

I was saying how uni had plans for that land and how the landscape would change over the coming years and that the view from up there would be prime for a new Uni park
, he was having none of it. I tried to explain that they had acquired the land, he still wouldn't have it. Might have to go see him for a drink, he's always there so pretty sure I'd see him, but bet he still would't have it.

Last edited:
I remember being day sat up at the bar chatting with the bar man a few years ago, back then you could just about make the Orlando eye.

I was saying how uni had plans for that land and how the landscape would change over the coming years and that the view from up there would be print for a new Uni park
, he was having none of it. I tried to explain that they had acquired the land, he still wouldn't have it. Might have to go see him for a drink, he's always there so pretty sure I'd see him, but bet he still won't have it

re above view of UOR from WDW
Aventura needs a big neon sign saying
“UBER only $18!” and a picture of HP
or Casablanca “Here’s looking at you kid!”

OwAGaEl.jpg

It'd be those red parcels that changed hands if such a transaction did occur.

I'd assume Universal would want those 2 larger ones on Universal Blvd.

Can someone overlay Volcano Bay over both of the remaining 2 red locations where Universal could still acquire the land? Wanting to see if either is big enough for a waterpark, as those would be good locations and allow for more land-use for 2 dry parks.

For reference, BB is 66, TL is 55 and VB is 53 acres.

Hey ya'll.

Appreciate the news, Rich. Where are you originally from, because it’s always good to hear “y’all.”

This appears to be different from the original plans (before they fully acquired Stan Thomas' land around the main part of the future south resort). In the original plans, the warehouses were all lined up against Sand Lake from west to east.

Now they're stacking all of the warehouses/back office in the northeast/east part of the lands against the waste treatment plant.

Sensible changes that open up more options later on if they work out land trades with Lockheed later (at least for that 40 acres of Lockheed land that will end up east of Kirkman). Much better arrangement for the long-term future of the resort.

And more importantly, we get to see a refreshed guess/map from @Scott W.

I’m curious if there is still a little bit of waiting on the final plans until the remaining 2 parcels of land are finalized. They are both large enough spots that I think one potential water park could be in the spot just west of Kirkman Extension to allow 2 dry parks to stay in the big location east of Kirkman.

If I was in charge of Universal marketing, I would put up just a billboard saying "MORE EPICNESS IS COMING" with the UO logo and not say a word to any press/media. Let them offer your free marketing.

It’s no secret that more Universal is coming. Most locals have known about this for a while now, and with more construction to come, they won’t have to really talk about it, until groundbreaking and ticket sales begin. Tower cranes will speak for themselves.

Appreciate the news, Rich. Where are you originally from, because it’s always good to hear “y’all.”.

I'm from South Florida, but I lived near and my schools pulled from a nearby city called Davie/Weston that was upper income rural (ranches/horses etc.) in a suburban city. And I had friends who were from the south so I think I grabbed dialects along the way .... plus, "y'all" is just friendlier sounding. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.