Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 352 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woof then for the new park. Opening a new park with less than IOA seems like a terrible idea.

I think there will be more than 22 attractions when their park opens. Keep in mind, the park is still in its designing phase. Anything can change.

It all depends. Disney's California Adventure and Tokyo DisneySea both opened with 22 attractions within 6 months of each other. One was hailed as a benchmark in theme park development. The other not so much.

This park also has the advantage of having interactive areas and rides. That could help quite a bit.

Reactions: tankart150
If the 22, out of the gate, include three-four Spiderman/Forbidden Journey caliber dark-ride E-tickets, two Potter-coaster caliber coasters, three Mystic Manor quality C/D tickets, a Bluto quality water ride and a Waterworld/Finding Nemo quality live show, all within a Diagon-immersive park, they'll have the best park in the world. Everything else would be gravy.

Woof then for the new park. Opening a new park with less than IOA seems like a terrible idea.
IOA opened with less attractions than IOA.

It’s not unusual to open a park with more rides planned to open over the following few years. It’s pretty much standard across the board.

Reactions: HPFred
I guess the issue isn't the number of attractions its the capacity of the attractions....add in the fact opening day tends to have everything go wrong, increased capacity at opening would give a buffer for bad reports to avoid a USF/VB level opening.

Reactions: therock
I've been playing catch up with this thread. I have to say I love the comment from the Comcast executive about Universal Pictures and Universal Parks and Resorts finally talking to one another. I have long suspected that the two had little to no contact with one another. I'm glad they now have quarterly meetings. Now if only UC can start bringing the same attention to detail and immersion they bring to Potter to Universal properties we might really have something.

I think the only way I would be happy with JW and FB at the new park would be if neither got dedicated lands and just a ride or two. That way you can save the other land of the park for other IPs that deserve the attention as well.

I guess I look at things differently than most. It is sort of like with HHN, we tend to enjoy the originals more that most of the IP houses.

I figure a diverse park has a few needed ‘themes’. Space/SiFi, wizards, Dino’s, princesses/action hero’s.....cute animals...

Folks talk about JP in one park to mean there should not be JW in another. But, is it then ok to have wizards based on FB as well as the magic from the house with clocks in the walls in the same park?

I get seeing stuff from a movie you enjoyed, I get how books like LOTR and the Harry Potter series live on for generations and spark the imagination....but I also recall feeling cheated when Frozen came out as it appeared to be put together following a formula.

To me, if Comcast wants to build a park to follow Disney’s current views on franchises, I would expect the park to use more internal IPs. Revamp some Dream Works ones and create some new ones (meaning maybe there is room for a few we have not heard of yet?)

Reactions: Awakening
That’s the same amount of rides currently in DAK and DHS combined.
Yeah but those parks have their perks especially DAK. Uni needs to prove it can create entire immersive park like TDS before we talk about ride count. IOA is pretty close but I would love to see what they can do with a good budget and experience.

Also USF has 12 rides too. :lol:

I think we’re just laying down arbitrary rules for no reason.
USF has 27 attractions. But that includes things like Gringott's Money Exchange and The Knight Bus.

It's weird how they count attractions. Like, The Frog Choir and Spirit Rally count as 2, but Tales of Beetle The Bard and Celestina Warbeck as just one.

If the new park doesn’t have ~20 rides at opening, I’ll admit I’ll be disappointed. I was hoping for a big ride menu like MK
Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Reactions: Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.