Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people are necessarily calling this the Forbidden Forest, but it seems more like it's seeming to be partly how Muggles see Hogwarts, as a series of ruins.

The Chamber of Secrets, Forbidden Forest & Great Hall in a sense, have been already done in Forbidden Journey; and that Pivot Dr. really doesn't have anything to offer for any form of experiences.

Odds are, for the core Potter series..this and Ministry will be what's left for USF and IOA, and then we may see an influence of the Fantastic Beasts franchise down south.

That said, I am interested to see what the new structures add; as they clearly aren't from previous stories in the Potter franchise on a large scale. Even the Barn building isn't even looking like Hagrid's Hut.

Wouldn’t that be confusing? It’s supposed to be how muggles see things, but then we have all these magical aspects - the flying car, fluffy, and other creatures?

What? Where are you coming up with metal grids?
From this Bio photo. I think they are those circular things at the bottom, or are that just the holes, they look small for such a tree. Please correct me if I'm wrong,
DqEG1oLU8AADc3m.jpg:large

From this Bio photo. I think they are those circular things at the bottom, or are that just the holes, they look small for such a tree. Please correct me if I'm wrong,

Looking at this photo with the burnt edges in the room, does the location of this seem a little odd? Will you be able to see this from the ride as you enter from the other side.

Yeah, that is just the root ball... usually wrapped in burlap which is strapped or wired on just to hold it together for transport. As they are on a steep slope they are left with the down side sticking out of the ground a bit rather than planting them too deep and exposed to rot. Sometimes the burlap is left on and the roots will grow through it over time.

Looking at this photo with the burnt edges in the room, does the location of this seem a little odd? Will you be able to see this from the ride as you enter from the other side.

We can only hope that they will plant more stuff including vines on the railings to make it impossible to see the exit. On the other hand, does it really matter if we see a hole in the building... as first time riders we merely wonder why.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t that be confusing? It’s supposed to be how muggles see things, but then we have all these magical aspects - the flying car, fluffy, and other creatures?
Honestly, I do think it wouldn't be as much of a problem, especially if they use the forest as a prodominent way to block surroundings and to give you the sense that you have gone quite a distance.

Have it be as if for the exterior queue, done similar to how Osaka has it's walkway to Hogsmeade, filled with trees and meant to give the impression that you are beginning to leave the surrounding area.

Honestly, I do think it wouldn't be as much of a problem, especially if they use the forest as a prodominent way to block surroundings and to give you the sense that you have gone quite a distance.

Have it be as if for the exterior queue, done similar to how Osaka has it's walkway to Hogsmeade, filled with trees and meant to give the impression that you are beginning to leave the surrounding area.
Muggles seeing Hogwarts as ruins is only one of several theories though. You will definitely be able to see both the ruins and Hogwarts Castle from the exterior queue, so I have to believe that's a knock against that theory. (Heck, you can see both the ruins and Hogwarts Castle while standing in Hogsmeade right now.)

Muggles seeing Hogwarts as ruins is only one of several theories though. You will definitely be able to see both the ruins and Hogwarts Castle from the exterior queue, so I have to believe that's a knock against that theory. (Heck, you can see both the ruins and Hogwarts Castle while standing in Hogsmeade right now.)

I am also more taking to account that the trees will more..grow into it's positions.

As far as Hogwarts and the ruins, that's the big flaw, unless they just decide to block view of Hogwarts from the queue.

I am also more taking to account that the trees will more..grow into it's positions.

As far as Hogwarts and the ruins, that's the big flaw, unless they just decide to block view of Hogwarts from the queue.
Considering Hogwarts Castle proper is literally seen in the background of the only piece of released art for the new ride, I'm guessing they both co-exist in story.

Just taking a wild guess, but I assume these are ruins outside of the FF that we've never seen in the films or books
That's my best guess. A new adventure for us to go on.

The other theories are that it's after the battle of Hogwarts or that it's what muggles see, but with the real Hogwarts not ruined in the background, something new makes sense to me.

Long-time lurker here.

Could this be a location we will see somewhere around Hogwarts in the upcoming FB movie? Some kind of battle somewhere around Hogwarts which destroyed a building and was left to ruin (though the time-scale might not be long enough to leave it *that* ruined.) That way fans will recognise the location and allow them to tie in some merch/creatures which had been maybe hiding around those parts since the FB timetime?

Long-time lurker here.

Could this be a location we will see somewhere around Hogwarts in the upcoming FB movie? Some kind of battle somewhere around Hogwarts which destroyed a building and was left to ruin (though the time-scale might not be long enough to leave it *that* ruined.) That way fans will recognise the location and allow them to tie in some merch/creatures which had been maybe hiding around those parts since the FB timetime?
Seeing the ads for The Magical Congress of the United States and ads for old New York in the windows of the new Globus Mundi does tell me that they're not afraid to expand the lore of the Wizarding World to include things from the Fantastic Beasts series, so sure, that could be what this ends up being. A story that takes place during the same time period as the rest of Hogsmeade (1990s) but utilizes a location or landmark set in the Dark Forest first seen in a Fantastic Beasts film. That would be a great way to tie it in without disturbing the time period.

Also, congrats on joining us and posting! :thumbsup:

Long-time lurker here.

This could be very plausible. As the next film coming out next month takes place primarily in UK (Hogwarts/London) and Paris, they very well could introduce something where we see this building tucked away deep in the Forbidden Forest (that we never saw in the original movies).

Perhaps it is Newt's building of hiding/caring for the magical creatures during his time but has since gone to ruins in the time between the FB movies and Potter films. And perhaps we are introduced/see this location in the movie coming out next month that would make it relevant when the ride opens next year.

I would not expect anything Fantastic Beasts related to show up in the existing Wizarding World. At least not in any significant measure. It will be a park 3 thing.
Yea, but @richthe4th was suggesting the ruins are a new location first shown in The Crimes of Grindelwald, but we're seeing them 60+ years later in the current Hogsmeade timeline. So, not a tie-in to the film per se, but a new location that could be first described in the new film, but theoretically was always there through the original Potter stories that take place in the 1990s.

It's a decent theory, and a neat way to tie a new made-up location into an upcoming movie without making it too obvious.

I'm still sticking to the theory that the ruins are just something entirely new created only for the ride, but if it's first mentioned in the new film, that's not too far off.

What if... it was a fun ride with some kick ass buildings in the mix where we suspend our disbelieve just like the fact the "real" castle does have a lake next to it, doesn't have a roller-coaster in Hagrid's garden, doesn't have a queue inside it's schoolgrounds nor exit signs or ride vehicles.
I'm sure JK has approved and added to the story and thought it was fine for the whole theme park context this is set in.

Yea, but @richthe4th was suggesting the ruins are a new location first shown in The Crimes of Grindelwald, but we're seeing them 60+ years later in the current Hogsmeade timeline. So, not a tie-in to the film per se, but a new location that could be first described in the new film, but theoretically was always there through the original Potter stories that take place in the 1990s.

It's a decent theory, and a neat way to tie a new made-up location into an upcoming movie without making it too obvious.

I'm still sticking to the theory that the ruins are just something entirely new created only for the ride, but if it's first mentioned in the new film, that's not too far off.

It would be no different than say in Jurassic World in the 3rd park, we see/go by/go through a delapitated version of the original discovery center from JP as part of a new ride.

Last edited:
With regards to the ruins, though they never appeared in the films and books, Only time I can think of ruins in the Forbidden Forrest of the top of my head is in the original philosopher stone game. Still personally the ruins are basically old class rooms that where built in the forest and abandoned and Hagrid has re purposed the ruins for his purposes as grounds keeper and magical creatures. Also with Hogwarts being so expansive and full of secrets and the forest being so off limits, whats to say it dosn't hold secrets like old buildings or a three headed dog? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.