Fantastic Beasts - Crimes of Grindelwald | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantastic Beasts - Crimes of Grindelwald

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was happy to see a classroom scene at all. For me, that was the failing of the first FB movie in that magic was just too darned easy all the time; no serious complication and youthful dilemma.

I had never even considered Nagini being human before.

I know the theory that Newt becomes Buckbeak.

I mean, Venom had an $80M opening and Halloween a $76M (and they opened in a less favorable time period) so considering this has the Wizarding brand behind it, i'm not sure i'd consider those great numbers.

Domestic opening during being of holiday season...Domestic doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of themes when international is what drives project green lights and funding. Also holiday season typically leads to a longer run so it can afford a lower opening as it will likely make more money over time.

Venom and Halloween are record high openings for October. October doesn't get big box office numbers.

Venom and Halloween are record high openings for October. October doesn't get big box office numbers.
That was my point.

If Venom and Halloween are pulling record number in October of all months, then a $65-$75M in November is underwhelming for FB2. I agree though that Domestic doesn't really matter and never has for Potter movies. They make all of their money overseas.

Reactions: SeventyOne
3unu8hmqh4v11.jpg

The Chinese poster for this film is one of the most pretty things I've seen in a long time.

Could care less about critics and their reviews. I find them pathetic in many of their assessments and bias in there love for certain movies that fit the social era we live in. They use this realm not for actual truth in their review but what makes them look best amongst the masses. Don’t believe me, simple question then do any of you honestly believe that Black Panther was as well made in all aspects as The Dark Knight? Really? I enjoyed Black Panther and all but it is nowhere near the level of The Dark Knight, oh and this is coming from a Superman fanboy.

I for one cannot wait for this. As soon as tickets go on sale for Roadhouse Cinemas(Recliners, great food, desert, drinks, etc), here in Arizona, I will be buying tickets for my whole family. I go to the movies to have fun and be whisked away and this looks like a perfect fit.

Edit: I realize that I kind of went on a rant there but damn it had to be said.

I really think they should get a new director for the franchise going forward. David Yates has now been the Wizarding World director for six films in a row. Potter worked best when different filmmakers were able to use their unique styles. Time for some fresh blood and a new vision.

Could care less about critics and their reviews. I find them pathetic in many of their assessments and bias in there love for certain movies that fit the social era we live in. They use this realm not for actual truth in their review but what makes them look best amongst the masses. Don’t believe me, simple question then do any of you honestly believe that Black Panther was as well made in all aspects as The Dark Knight? Really? I enjoyed Black Panther and all but it is nowhere near the level of The Dark Knight, oh and this is coming from a Superman fanboy.

I for one cannot wait for this. As soon as tickets go on sale for Roadhouse Cinemas(Recliners, great food, desert, drinks, etc), here in Arizona, I will be buying tickets for my whole family. I go to the movies to have fun and be whisked away and this looks like a perfect fit.

While I may not share your zeal on the topic, I strongly agree with your assessment of film reviews. I do read them because I find it interesting to see what others think of a film, but using reviews as the lone deciding factor of whether or not you’ll watch a movie (or anything else) is a great way to miss out on something you may enjoy.

Reactions: tankart150

Its 2018 and we have people making the case that is is better to spend money blindly on something they like because they think they know better than people who are professional reviewers. This is the entertainment version of anti vaxxers. Grouping all critics as pathetic while cherry picking examples is nonintellectual nonsense.