Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tomorrowland re-do?

How did wheelchairs exit before? This seems wheelchair accessible now, which explains the switchback at the end and the lower angle grade throughout.

It also looks wider than when it was a moving walkway, so could even accommodate ECVs. Just a thought.

1) It’s good to see them attempting to go back to an old style for the land.

2) I’m worried this is another half baked, half hearted attempt at redoing the land that’ll just end up being another style that’ll clutter up the land once this is abandoned.

I agree, if they continue with this style, I’ll be happy. Mid-century modern never stays out of fashion for long. But right now, it’s hard for me to love this sign, because it looks so out of place lol. Hopefully more changes are coming sooner rather than later!

I wonder if that was actually a plan or if someone got confused with a ride for the park vs The Void experience.
Ding!

The company specifically said no VR in the parks. Disney Springs is where that belongs, and has worked out well so far.

I wouldn’t mind the Speedway becoming Sugar Rush though. But a video game ride that’s actually a video game has no place in the Magic Kingdom.

Nothing yet.

I wonder if that was actually a plan or if someone got confused with a ride for the park vs The Void experience.

Ding!

The company specifically said no VR in the parks. Disney Springs is where that belongs, and has worked out well so far.

I wouldn’t mind the Speedway becoming Sugar Rush though. But a video game ride that’s actually a video game has no place in the Magic Kingdom.
The thing is though, the WiR rumor was quite awhile ago now - about 2-2.5 years. The Void hadn’t even been hinted on coming to DS at that point, never mind the Ralph version.

My guess is it was a real thing but they realized how impractical it would be, but decided to go forward with a better executed version of their idea with The Void running it.

Grinch beating Ralph on a daily basis domestically, even though it's been out there longer. Sounds like Ralph will end up under performing like that movie that was rumored to replace the Mexican pavilion ride.

Grinch beating Ralph on a daily basis domestically, even though it's been out there longer. Sounds like Ralph will end up under performing like that movie that was rumored to replace the Mexican pavilion ride.
Ralph is performing about the same as Moana was during this time in that films run though. The Grinch is benefiting from its holiday theme.

Also, Ralph has much more animated competition than Disney thanksgiving films normally do, with Spiderverse out now.

Disney loves the 60s-80s aesthetic don't they?
The 60’s aesthetic is pretty timeless.

Has there been anymore updates/changes to this area besides the speedway? I’m a big fan of the recent changes to the area.

I'd love to see it go back to the original entrance/aesthetic. The back half is still the old white version of Tomorrowland, why not just convert it all back to that?

tomorrowlandsidebefore.jpg