Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tomorrowland re-do?

I'd love to see it go back to the original entrance/aesthetic. The back half is still the old white version of Tomorrowland, why not just convert it all back to that?

tomorrowlandsidebefore.jpg
It would be cool and I’d love to see it, but this is something I’ve actually heard isn’t happening.

It seems like Tomorrowland is going to land somewhere in between: sleeker and more minimalist like classic Tomorrowland (with some emphasis on geometric patterns), but with curvier lines and pops of vibrant color like the 2000s Tomorrowland.

I think the Tron building and the new wall paint treatments (like CoP) are our best indications of what’s to come. I personally doubt we’ll see any significant cosmetic changes to Astro Orbiter, so imagine an aesthetic where AO, Tron, and Speedway (whatever it ends up being) can exist in harmony.

I honestly don’t know how cohesive the look of the land will be in a few years’ time, but I have enjoyed the changes they’ve made so far, so I’m remaining optimistic

It seems like Tomorrowland is going to land somewhere in between: sleeker and more minimalist like classic Tomorrowland (with some emphasis on geometric patterns), but with curvier lines and pops of vibrant color like the 2000s Tomorrowland.

I think the Tron building and the new wall paint treatments (like CoP) are our best indications of what’s to come. I personally doubt we’ll see any significant cosmetic changes to Astro Orbiter, so imagine an aesthetic where AO, Tron, and Speedway (whatever it ends up being) can exist in harmony.

I honestly don’t know how cohesive the look of the land will be in a few years’ time, but I have enjoyed the changes they’ve made so far, so I’m remaining optimistic
The elevator shaft leading to the Astro Orbitor was repainted to Orange a few years ago if that counts.

If there's anything of substance coming besides TRON, they need to get going pretty quickly if they're going to make the 50th, which is the whole reason (one would assume) a Tomorrowland refresh would happen in the first place.

If there's anything of substance coming besides TRON, they need to get going pretty quickly if they're going to make the 50th, which is the whole reason (one would assume) a Tomorrowland refresh would happen in the first place.
I don’t think anything besides Tron will happen for the 50th in Tomorrowland. There’s different focuses around MK (fantasyland ride refreshes, Nighttime Parade, 50th fireworks show)

I don’t think a Tomorrowland re-do would actually take that long.

I’m assuming they wouldn’t be building any other attractions and just redoing the area’s theming.

The construction impact would barely affect guests and, worst case, might just shot down a couple smaller attractions temporarily. They could pre-fab some theming elements to decrease construction time. And, they already have a staging site at that Tron coaster site.

Great! They make it an Austin Powers land now they have Fox. Groovy! Oh behave.

Looking at the rides that are in here the land is confusing enough so why not.

Wow, this should prove as ridiculous as the paint scheme they did on Communicore/Innoventions. Probably designed by the same person with the same questionable taste aesthetic.

I agree it seems haphazard. I actually really like the new colors they’ve added, and I think all the new accents could work well together. I just can’t see how the new accents could work with everything else.