Tomorrowland re-do? | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

Tomorrowland re-do?

faceleg

Rookie
Jul 1, 2013
I think it would add some nice kinetic energy it the Tomorrowland part went around the circle it's on, but I doubt that it will.

Reactions: Cheezbat

shiekra38

Legendary Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
I think it would add some nice kinetic energy it the Tomorrowland part went around the circle it's on, but I doubt that it will.
Good thought, I think they're counting on the Astro Orbiters being the kinetic energy when you see the sign

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando

GadgetGuru

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
In a potentially massive piece of news, Tesla may be collaborating with Disney on new cars for Tomorrowland Speedway.

Tesla to make Tomorrowland electric in new partnership with Disney, sources say - Electrek
No way. I don’t believe this at all.

Tesla has a huge financial mess right now. They don’t have the money to sponsor an attraction.

More importantly, Tesla doesn’t do marketing. Seriously, they don’t have a marketing line-item in their budget. They don’t believe in marketing as a company. The fact that they get so much buzz is the most impressive part of Tesla (and Elon).

This just screams fan theory. If anybody is going to sponsor the speedway, it’s probably a traditional automaker. GM would be the obvious choice (they already sponsor one attraction)

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
No way. I don’t believe this at all.

Tesla has a huge financial mess right now. They don’t have the money to sponsor an attraction.

More importantly, Tesla doesn’t do marketing. Seriously, they don’t have a marketing line-item in their budget. They don’t believe in marketing as a company. The fact that they get so much buzz is the most impressive part of Tesla (and Elon).

This just screams fan theory. If anybody is going to sponsor the speedway, it’s probably a traditional automaker. GM would be the obvious choice (they already sponsor one attraction)
Honda sponsors Autopia, but yeah, with GM sponsoring Test Track, they probably have the exclusivity as WDWs official auto sponsor.

Reactions: GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
It's way cleaner than the old sign. The old sign had too much going on.

It'll make Tomorrowland's aesthetic last longer, but at some point, we're going to move away from the Apple pearl-white minimalism as futuristic.

Reactions: Cheezbat

WebHead1138

BANNED
Oct 10, 2017
It's way cleaner than the old sign. The old sign had too much going on.

It'll make Tomorrowland's aesthetic last longer, but at some point, we're going to move away from the Apple pearl-white minimalism as futuristic.
I disagree. I think this sign is timeless.