Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It seems like rides with large fan followings get some advance notice of closures so fans can pay their respects.

I promise I’m not trolling with this question. Do we think Shrek will get advance notice of closing?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Man, I just want the entrance area of the park to have a solid line-up. Walking into the park and immediately seeing Shrek and Despicable Me is so "meh"

I think DM is a good looking facade for what they had to work with. Shrek not so much.

It seems like rides with large fan followings get some advance notice of closures so fans can pay their respects.

I promise I’m not trolling with this question. Do we think Shrek will get advance notice of closing?

I don’t doubt for a second that once the closure is announced that plenty of people will come out showing their love for the ride.

I said this in another thread, but bares repeating here. Shrek has higher GSATs that E.T. and MiB.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Now that the Pets ride is confirmed for USH in the location of the Globe theater, I think it's safe to assume it's back on the table for the Shrek replacement at USF.

Pokemon is heading to Kidzone and all the Dreamworks properties are now slated for the south gate so keeping Illumination properties at USF in the front of the park just makes too much sense not to do it. The change of location in Hollywood from the lower lot to the upper lot near Minion Mayhem keeps Illumination in one area there as well.

So Pets for 2020 and Pokemon for 2021 or is that too ambitious of a timeline?

Now that the Pets ride is confirmed for USH in the location of the Globe theater, I think it's safe to assume it's back on the table for the Shrek replacement at USF.

Pokemon is heading to Kidzone and all the Dreamworks properties are now slated for the south gate so keeping Illumination properties at USF in the front of the park just makes too much sense not to do it. The change of location in Hollywood from the lower lot to the upper lot near Minion Mayhem keeps Illumination in one area there as well.

So Pets for 2020 and Pokemon for 2021 or is that too ambitious of a timeline?
I don’t know what to believe anymore.

I don’t know what to believe anymore.
Who knows with the way Universal has been shuffling the decks lately but with the ride being on again / off again in a million locations around the resort, I have a strong feeling they resurrected the original plan given all the evidence we have to work with.
  • Kidzone plans have been finalized (we think)
  • Shrek 4D has been on the chopping block for 4 years and counting
  • Shrek was accidentally removed prematurely from the new resort map
  • The South Gate will focus on Dreamworks properties and not Illumination
  • USH has begun construction on the ride where the Globe theater once stood
  • R&D has been done on the ride for years
  • The ride is compact and 2-stories so placing it in Shrek's location saves space and makes the best use of the layout of the ride
  • Minion Mayhem is across the street so having Pets in that location brings a mini "Illumination Blvd." area to the front of the park
  • Secret Life of Pets is the highest grossing film Universal has ever released domestically aside from the two Jurassic World films. People often forget it made a whopping $368 Million in the U.S.
  • Universal loves synergy with their high-grossing properties
I could go on and on. If Pets doesn't end up coming to the Shrek spot, I'll be baffled at this point.

Who knows with the way Universal has been shuffling the decks lately but with the ride being on again / off again in a million locations around the resort, I have a strong feeling they resurrected the original plan given all the evidence we have to work with.
  • Kidzone plans have been finalized (we think)
  • Shrek 4D has been on the chopping block for 4 years and counting
  • Shrek was accidentally removed prematurely from the new resort map
  • The South Gate will focus on Dreamworks properties and not Illumination
  • USH has begun construction on the ride where the Globe theater once stood
  • R&D has been done on the ride for years
  • The ride is compact and 2-stories so placing it in Shrek's location saves space and makes the best use of the layout of the ride
  • Minion Mayhem is across the street so having Pets in that location brings a mini "Illumination Blvd." area to the front of the park
  • Secret Life of Pets is the highest grossing film Universal has ever released domestically aside from the two Jurassic World films. People often forget it made a whopping $368 Million in the U.S.
  • Universal loves synergy with their high-grossing properties
I could go on and on. If Pets doesn't end up coming to the Shrek spot, I'll be baffled at this point.
All good points. But be prepared to be baffled.

All good points. But be prepared to be baffled.
God help us. The good news is I'm always prepared to be baffled lately. Are you hearing Pets isn't slated for Orlando at all or that Shrek just isn't the location? I can't imagine they'd spend all that R&D money on such a slam-dunk family E-ticket and only build it in Hollywood when they've shown how much they love porting even the most vile and despicable of rides (F&F) to help offset the costs of designing it.

Reactions: SeventyOne