Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, they're missing the tie-in with SLOP2 as that already comes out next year. So SLOP3 I guess? :lol:

Are we thinking KZ will hold multiple IPs (SLOP, Pokémon/something Nintendo) then?
If Pokemon is happening, this is closer to my hunch. Build SLoP where Barney is, so it's "with" Animal Actors, then build a Pokemon ride and play area where Curious George/Parade building is. This keeps the spirit of KidZone and puts a loose "pets" theme in place (Pokemon are pets too).

Reactions: shiekra38
If Pokemon is happening, this is closer to my hunch. Build SLoP where Barney is, so it's "with" Animal Actors, then build a Pokemon ride and play area where Curious George/Parade building is. This keeps the spirit of KidZone and puts a loose "pets" theme in place (Pokemon are pets too).
Seems logical as long as the IP holders agree with it

Shrek is getting is getting a reboot by despicable me producer, which seems bizarre. Does this mean brand new cast/story etc? Or does it mean they’re taking the number off the end of the title and keeping the cast.

I’m inclined to think brand new everything as that’s generally what reboot means right?

Question is does this effect Shrek 4D at all? Still getting rid or maybe redone to the new movie (if it does well/better than current series, which it won’t imo)

Be interested to hear the opinions of those more informed than me.

Shrek is getting is getting a reboot by despicable me producer, which seems bizarre. Does this mean brand new cast/story etc? Or does it mean they’re taking the number off the end of the title and keeping the cast.

I’m inclined to think brand new everything as that’s generally what reboot means right?

Question is does this effect Shrek 4D at all? Still getting rid or maybe redone to the new movie (if it does well/better than current series, which it won’t imo)

I don’t think this is any different than removing T2 just as a proper sequel will hopefully be released next year.

Besides, if the reboot is a huge hit, I’ve always felt that a Shrek deserved better and it would be a solid addition to the new park.

Reactions: MartyMcFly

The producer indicated he wanted to keep the original cast. Just searching for a new story line.

Well maybe if they didn't name the 4th film "The Final Chapter" they wouldn't need to reboot it at all, just make a 5th one.

Now there's going to have to be a line where Donkey says "I thought we already did the final chapter last time" or something.

220px-Shrek_forever_after_ver8.jpg

Reactions: Andysol