Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've seen Sophie's Moist and needed Kleenex too.

But on topic, I really, really would like to see a full blown Kung Fu Panda mini land so I hope this news is not true. It's disappointing when great ip's (like Minions) get under used.
In my opiniom I don’t think we’re going to see any Dreamworks properties added to the old parks until the new one is done. Maybe turn the building into a new flex theater like in Japan or Hollywood.

Or or or villiancon, villiancon, villiancon. I know it was just a rumor but a damn good idea and USF park exclusive. Dreams of grandeur is all and I like diversity amongst parks so as i have reasons to visit each of them.

I think a HTTYD ride modeled after Flight of Passage at AK would be a decent replacement.

Considering how close it is to Fallon, and the limited space of the building; I would think they'd rather want to go with an option that can maximize capacity in any given way.

Also, there's a lot more they can do with Dragons than just a simple simulator.

Reactions: Magic-Man
If they wouldn't replace Shrek with a non-screens ride (which is obviously what I'd like them to do), I'd rather they just demo the building and use that space to rework the entrance plaza than put another simulator in there. The park has reached its saturation point with them by this point.
At the very least some full facades and Minion plaza would be nice

It can't be that hard to put a non-screen based attraction in there.

We had an very good non-screen attraction in there from 1990-2002.

We have this mentality on here wit buildings like Fallon and Shrek "oh screw it the building is too small for anything except a simulator".. but look at Ghost Busters and Twister.

Japan also has a non-screen based attraction in the same building but in Osaka.

Reactions: therock and Andysol

The first half of Hitchcock was a screen show. Sure, the second part was with live actors, but the part most people were there to see, with the birds attacking you, was a screen theater.

We have this mentality on here wit buildings like Fallon and Shrek "oh screw it the building is too small for anything except a simulator".. but look at Ghost Busters and Twister.

Japan also has a non-screen based attraction in the same building but in Osaka.
Shrek 4-D was a cheap addition from the beginning

The building isn't as small as people think

Reactions: therock
Basically my order of preference would be this:

1. Dark ride.
2. New entry plaza.
3. Literally anything else.
------GIGANTIC CHASM
4. Screens-related something or other.

Yes!

I’d take a flippin Kyle (dog from despicable me) spinner over any screen based attraction. That’s how much I don’t want a screen based attraction in that area.

Reactions: therock