Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

A Kung Fu Panda can do marvels for USF. I can see them add a a flat, retheme Woodpecker to something like Kung Fu Training Coaster or something silly like that, and a major E-Ticket which I assume will be either a boat ride or trackless dark ride (maybe they opted for this rather than SLOP). The setting will be very nice and "Pandora-esque". You can even add the DreamWorks theatre from Hollywood (albeit a different facade and name) to the land.

Just spitballing: Mario Kart sized E-ticket in the corner, smaller family coaster next to it, some flat rides, an Asian restaurant, and some meet and greet space.
And hopefully the huge E-ticket is a grand boat ride. I checked the wiki and there are lots of locations that could work thematically. If it IS a boat ride, let's hope they do a better job than they did in Singapore. That Madagascar boat ride is enormous but dull.

If there's a boat ride, I would hope it's closer to something like Shanghai Pirates instead of a normal boat ride

The good news about a boat ride (no matter what kind it is) we won't have lots of stopping and starting and stopping and starting and stopping and starting that has plagued the last 3 E-ticket's pacing. No more moving from place to place to stop and watch a show!

Last edited:
Here we are all excited for the possibility of a new park, not thinking that it is has become a rob Peter to pay Paul.
I see this as a positive. To compete with the new and shine next gate Universal needs places to plot new and even more exciting rides in their current parks. In the end all rides will be build and we'll get an amazing collections of new rides every year and expansions of the next gate park (I also expect expansion plots there).

The good news about a boat ride (no matter what kind it is) we won't have lots of stopping and starting and stopping and starting and stopping and starting that has plagued the last 3 E-ticket's pacing. No more moving from place to place to stop and watch a show!
I see this in Gringotts and Kong but F&F is pretty consistently "moving" at all times except the musion scene and the buildup to the 360 tunnel.

I could have swore I saw another thread about this on this very forum? The speculation on that seemed to be that it would close at some point later this year to be replaced by a Villain Con dark ride to supplement Minion Mayhem. I'm sure it was on here I saw that. Is anyone with better knowledge of the matter than me able to say whether this is possible or complete and utter rubbish?

I could have swore I saw another thread about this on this very forum? The speculation on that seemed to be that it would close at some point later this year to be replaced by a Villain Con dark ride to supplement Minion Mayhem. I'm sure it was on here I saw that. Is anyone with better knowledge of the matter than me able to say whether this is possible or complete and utter rubbish?
There were just some rumors and discussion 'speculation' concerning a possible Villain Con attraction, but nothing substantial or concrete.

This article kinda distills all of the Shrek rumors into one piece, including the villian-con stuff we talked about on the forum: Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast : The Rumor Mill: Shrek 4-D Closing and What Will Replace It?

Thanks for the replies. I've had a read of that article. Lets disregard the Villain Con part, do you feel there's still smoke to the fire on it closing this year, irrespective of whatever replaces it?