Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 515 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
screenshot-2019-01-26-15-06-26.png

Sure is a lot of spaghetti

I'm going to attempt to be positive about this coaster. How does a top hat flow with the story of riding with raptors? I am actually hoping the rock work does attempt to hide the top hat slightly. Yet this will most likely not be the case. I hope the building where the coaster begins is the raptor paddock and we see the raptors ready to be released. I hope we have some audio with maybe the marines talking to each other while on the ride. This will make up a little bit for the unthemed top hat.

Any chance we are on a helicopter? I don't know why I need an excuse for the top hat. My mind just needs it!!

Does anyone have any idea what will be inside the bigger L-shaped building? Will it be for the queue or will it be a potential spot for an immersion scene before the top hat?

I'm going to attempt to be positive about this coaster. How does a top hat flow with the story of riding with raptors? I am actually hoping the rock work does attempt to hide the top hat slightly. Yet this will most likely not be the case. I hope the building where the coaster begins is the raptor paddock and we see the raptors ready to be released. I hope we have some audio with maybe the marines talking to each other while on the ride. This will make up a little bit for the unthemed top hat.

Any chance we are on a helicopter? I don't know why I need an excuse for the top hat. My mind just needs it!!

Does anyone have any idea what will be inside the bigger L-shaped building? Will it be for the queue or will it be a potential spot for an immersion scene before the top hat?
The large building houses the queue and the train maintenance area.

I approve.

giphy.gif

How does a top hat flow with the story of riding with raptors?

I mean, you'll get a explanation of what you are doing in the queue (and there is seemingly some elements of Scenic in the first half), but story doesn't have to factor into everything.

__

In the end of the day..I'm just curious to see if they will have AC in the Queue. :tease:

but story doesn't have to factor into everything.
:tease:

In my opinion, I would like story to factor into at least the bigger portions of the ride, especially something that will be the first thing you see of the ride. If I just want a coaster I will go to one of the local six flags in Texas or Cedar Point. I pay Universal's insane prices plus the trip there to be immersed in a movie, or, more recently, a land. I understand that the locals really want another coaster and I'm happy that Universal is giving them more reason to join the park more often. I'll still pay the for the tickets for the Harry Potter lands and hopefully the upcoming new lands being built in the new park.

In my opinion, I would like story to factor into at least the bigger portions of the ride, especially something that will be the first thing you see of the ride. If I just want a coaster I will go to one of the local six flags in Texas or Cedar Point. I pay Universal's insane prices plus the trip there to be immersed in a movie, or, more recently, a land. I understand that the locals really want another coaster and I'm happy that Universal is giving them more reason to join the park more often. I'll still pay the for the tickets for the Harry Potter lands and hopefully the upcoming new lands being built in the new park.

If you want a "story-coaster", Project:Hagrid will be a big effort in that.

However, this is supposed to fill in for the fact that IOA lost two coasters nearly two years ago. And with thrill being prioritized over story (that is to say, there can be a mix between the two), Universal wants to capitalize on a thrilling experience that can be marketed globally (it's not just for locals).

If you want a "story-coaster", Project:Hagrid will be a big effort in that.

However, this is supposed to fill in for the fact that IOA lost two coasters nearly two years ago. And with thrill being prioritized over story (that is to say, there can be a mix between the two), Universal wants to capitalize on a thrilling experience that can be marketed globally (it's not just for locals).

I can understand they want to make up for losing the two coasters. You are definitely right about the Hagrid project and I am super excited for that coaster. I just don't see how any marketing on just a coaster will make families spend the money to get to Orlando to ride it. I personally can't think of anyone if my life who would do that unless that was their source of income to visit theme parks. It would be smarter to open this coaster with the new updated Jurassic World so that the advertising can show all aspects of the new land. That is one way to get outsiders to visit their park with the added plus of having a coaster for the thrill seekers of the families. Its just my opinion but I don't think a coaster gets outsiders to visit. The Harry Potter lands get outsiders to visit.

Anyways, I got off topic. sorry.

I see some comments alluding to if it will be jurassic world then it should be true to form, in a sense, to the one we see in the movie to be cannon. I was always under the impression they they treated "Jurassic Park" at IOA as a park in a chain of "Jurassic Parks" the same as Six Flags treats their parks all over the country. They are all six flags parks but in different locations. So they could very well brand it as "Jurassic World" and not have to worry about replicating anything we have seen in the movie.

Reactions: belloq87
How about a separate track parallel to the first launch that has a raptor instead of a coaster train. The raptor has no/limited animation and launches/chases the guest vehicle down the track on launch... and loops back to await the next train of guests.

How about a separate track parallel to the first launch that has a raptor instead of a coaster train. The raptor has no/limited animation and launches/chases the guest vehicle down the track on launch... and loops back to await the next train of guests.

Terrible idea to use something practical and realistic, what they really need is more screenz... ;) ;) ;)

Reactions: Ryno27
I can understand they want to make up for losing the two coasters. You are definitely right about the Hagrid project and I am super excited for that coaster. I just don't see how any marketing on just a coaster will make families spend the money to get to Orlando to ride it. I personally can't think of anyone if my life who would do that unless that was their source of income to visit theme parks. It would be smarter to open this coaster with the new updated Jurassic World so that the advertising can show all aspects of the new land. That is one way to get outsiders to visit their park with the added plus of having a coaster for the thrill seekers of the families. Its just my opinion but I don't think a coaster gets outsiders to visit. The Harry Potter lands get outsiders to visit.

Anyways, I got off topic. sorry.

People travel for new roller coasters all the time. If the coaster breaks any records the coaster crowd will come. Personally I’m more excited to have a new super thrill ride in Orlando. I don’t need a story to have fun on a roller coaster.

A very small crowd comes specifically for coasters. For new attractions/lands, big crowds, but coasters just for the sake of "new coaster", "first", "longest", "tallest", "fastest", etc, it's really just a small crowd that plans on a visit just for that coaster. It might help influence an overall decision of going to a park or not, but only the die hard enthusiasts plan a trip based solely on one coaster.

A very small crowd comes specifically for coasters. For new attractions/lands, big crowds, but coasters just for the sake of "new coaster", "first", "longest", "tallest", "fastest", etc, it's really just a small crowd that plans on a visit just for that coaster. It might help influence an overall decision of going to a park or not, but only the die hard enthusiasts plan a trip based solely on one coaster.

Not sure I'd agree, the culture may be different here in the UK but we have recently opened Wicker Man at Alton towers.

Before Wicker Man the park was seriously struggling with the aftermath of The Smiler and many ride closures, now its absolutely thriving and I know many people who are not enthusiasts who have traveled simply for the coaster.

I know its fan made, but im wondering if the concept of the mountains to hide the large coaster elements is possible.
Bigger question: why?

I thought it was pretty clear what he said.

If you take the exact same coaster and theme the hell out of it, would it not be better? Is Everest not better in a mountain? Is Big Thunder not better with its theming?

A mountain and/or loads of rockeork would’ve been great. The time frame and budget doesn’t allow for that. It is what it is, and that’s ok.

Yes, this thing will be a relatively basic, damn fun, thrilling coaster. That’s fine. But to pretend it couldn’t be better and to dismiss any thought it could be is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.