Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 514 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yea, hmmmm... I think once, maybe, (the real) John Hammond may say something about Orlando? He definitely says "Welcome to Jurassic Park" filmed in front of the screen-used Visitor's Center, that just so happened to still be up at Hollywood so they could use it to film the queue vid before IOA was even built.

I’d always thought that was filmed in Orlando but that makes more sense. The Hollywood version started construction before the movie went into production.

Changed days when a theme park could be that confident in a project.

Reactions: therock
We are the 1%! I feel so accomplished :cheers:

Anyway, I think the key to more dinos outside of rides is puppets. They can go in a building when not in use and not be subjected to the elements 24/7. Obviously with the Raptor Encounter a regular thing with a line... but they can do more spontaneous stuff in other areas.

Anyway, I think the key to more dinos outside of rides is puppets.

They used to do that (and maybe still do)!

A "handler" with a baby triceratops would come out by the Watering Hole every so often and make his way back up to the DC. The dino was a very well designed hand-puppet, much like the early EPCOT Figment and DreamFinder.

I last saw it in May 2017.

Reactions: Ryno27 and belloq87

A "handler" with a baby triceratops would come out by the Watering Hole every so often and make his way back up to the DC. The dino was a very well designed hand-puppet, much like the early EPCOT Figment and DreamFinder.

Think bigger...

I remember seeing that puppet being walked into Camp Jurassic a few times this past summer. All the kids in there loved it.

Yeah, it's still making appearances. It showed up in TimTracker's video from 5 days ago at timestamp 4:52 :

Putting up a few banners would sufice and probably do the job. If it frees up money to allow for better interaction within the land and updated interior for the visitor center, then that’s money better spent.

They now need to figure out how to get those dinosaur holograms.
While I get what your saying, I think if this overlay is happening they need to go further than "good enough". People say that Universal can only do great things if a third party is breathing down their neck i.e Harry Potter. This could be an opportunity to prove them wrong. It's not like I am saying they should level the whole building so money would be saved.

Reactions: natespf

Has this been brought up at all here?

Whilst theres probably not much substance to whats shown here, is there any feeling that this kind of rockwork is possible on this coaster infront of the lagoon? I think the only thing im not liking about this coaster is the thought of a plain looking top hat sticking up, both in the story of the ride and just how its going to look. This could solve that problem.

Also, kudos to the creativity to draw this kind of thing up, wish I had that talent!

It makes sense to change up the decorative roof peaks to be more fitting, not necessarily to the scale of the JW visitor center.

But OMG replace practical sets with screenz? Let's hope if they do add screenz they're limited and only inside the existing building. This can be done with a mix of sets, AAs, and a couple screenz blended in as to not be so obvious. But the layout of the outside section is well done with an authentic feel, just give us better AAs.

Reactions: belloq87

Has this been brought up at all here?

Whilst theres probably not much substance to whats shown here, is there any feeling that this kind of rockwork is possible on this coaster infront of the lagoon? I think the only thing im not liking about this coaster is the thought of a plain looking top hat sticking up, both in the story of the ride and just how its going to look. This could solve that problem.

Also, kudos to the creativity to draw this kind of thing up, wish I had that talent!

That’s fan made, we already know the games are moving to somewhere else.

I know its fan made, but im wondering if the concept of the mountains to hide the large coaster elements is possible.
I'd think it's possible if it was a long time span project , but not probable with an 18 month estimated construction time frame of this project.

Not bad for fan-made. I fear the front rock-work is a bit generous and hopeful, but a cool concept nonetheless. Now, slapping new metal, modern JW style domes and roofs on top of existing buildings, that's actually a neat idea. I don't see a JW overlay going that far, but I like the way he thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.