Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 513 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Jurassic Park and Jurassic World are theme parks on Isla Nublar. Our Jurassic Park is on Isla Aventura. It's like the Original Jurassic Park is like Disneyland. Our's is like Disneyland Paris.
This.....Whatever Universal decides to do, fits. They can make the story line & look whatever they want it to be. It's their story & park.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
Doesn't the new commercial show a bed flowing down a river in JP or JW maybe? I would love to see more dinos around the area but i guess AA's out in the open with the pop up storms and hurricanes would do some damage to them. I want an Indominous Rex attacking a gyrosphere photo op, oh the money they could make.
However, more on the coaster I still hope they have a unique inversion to the ride like Maverick's horseshoe inversions, maybe a raptor claw inversion if possible and a water element like Manta.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Scott W.
Does it matter?
When your concern is an aesthetic being “true” to something (ie - canonical), then yes. It does matter.

Jurassic Park and World “cannot” coexist on Isla Nublar (like any of that matters because the island was destroyed - something people disregard). We’re not on Isla Nublar; we’re on Isla Ventura. So, those two aesthetics CAN coexist.

It is not anti-cannon to believe that Isla Ventura has continued to update itself as it is still well functioning (I mean, minus the T-rex that gets out every 45 seconds)

In other words, I don't mind the melding of World and Park into one homogenous island

It also appeals better to a wider audience

When your concern is an aesthetic being “true” to something (ie - canonical), then yes. It does matter.

Jurassic Park and World “cannot” coexist on Isla Nublar (like any of that matters because the island was destroyed - something people disregard). We’re not on Isla Nublar; we’re on Isla Ventura. So, those two aesthetics CAN coexist.

I get that but how many people actually know that they're not on Isla Nublar? 10%? 5%? It's been poorly portrayed.

They see Jurassic World and probably expect Jurassic World.

I get that but how many people actually know that they're not on Isla Nublar? 10%? 5%? It's been poorly portrayed.

They see Jurassic World and probably expect Jurassic World.

How many members of this forum know?

I think @Alicia 's 1% is overly generous.

They could scrap "Isla Adventura" tomorrow and it wouldn't even make a single news feed. And even here, no one would care.

How many members of this forum know?

I think @Alicia 's 1% is overly generous.

They could scrap "Isla Adventura" tomorrow and it wouldn't even make a single news feed. And even here, no one would care.
The model of the island at the entrance of River Adventure is the only remaining in-park reference that still exist that I can think of.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Ryno27
Couldn't the thatched cone pieces on top of the Discovery Center be redone to resemble the glass pyramid look of the Innovation Center to give it that JW flavor?

Reactions: natespf
The thing with the Discovery Center is that it's already not fully a one-to-one recreation of the Visitor's Center from JURASSIC PARK, which fits in with the land technically being on a different island. As such, that gives Universal leeway to pick and choose whatever details from either the PARK or WORLD movies they deem appropriate. So I don't see any conflict with leaving the exterior of the DC alone even if the land as a whole is rethemed to JW.

I would love to see more dinos around the area but i guess AA's out in the open with the pop up storms and hurricanes would do some damage to them.

They would hardly be the first exposed-to-the-elements animatronics in Orlando, and I suspect ways could be devised to keep figures sheltered to some extent when they're not "performing."

This and others like it, 1000%, would make me fall in love with the park and feel like they're properly doing Jurassic justice.
It would make the park feel alive and not just a place holder for rides and meet and greets.

This is something that HP has touched on and seems like the next evolutionary step for theme park design.

Setting aside money considerations (which I'm sure is a factor to some extent), it seems like such a no-brainer. Even with the new coaster, I have to believe there would still be plenty of room for several experiences comparable to that Spinosaurus one.

The thing with the Discovery Center is that it's already not fully a one-to-one recreation of the Visitor's Center from JURASSIC PARK, which fits in with the land technically being on a different island. As such, that gives Universal leeway to pick and choose whatever details from either the PARK or WORLD movies they deem appropriate. So I don't see any conflict with leaving the exterior of the DC alone even if the land as a whole is rethemed to JW.

They would hardly be the first exposed-to-the-elements animatronics in Orlando, and I suspect ways could be devised to keep figures sheltered to some extent when they're not "performing."

Setting aside money considerations (which I'm sure is a factor to some extent), it seems like such a no-brainer. Even with the new coaster, I have to believe there would still be plenty of room for several experiences comparable to that Spinosaurus one.

Putting up a few banners would sufice and probably do the job. If it frees up money to allow for better interaction within the land and updated interior for the visitor center, then that’s money better spent.

They now need to figure out how to get those dinosaur holograms.

I feel like people think it's from the movie lolz

Does the JPRA queue video make mention of it?
Oh yea, hmmmm... I think once, maybe, (the real) John Hammond may say something about Orlando? He definitely says "Welcome to Jurassic Park" filmed in front of the screen-used Visitor's Center, that just so happened to still be up at Hollywood so they could use it to film the queue vid before IOA was even built.

Reactions: Andysol and Ryno27
Status
Not open for further replies.