Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 544 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my interpretation of how the new waterfront area in front of the Discovery Center will appear once complete. It's my belief that the new bypass bridge will be completed first of course, but the rest won't be ready until much much later.

Full write-up here: Jurassic Park Roller Coaster Waterfront Changes and Updated Track Layout for Islands of Adventure – Orlando ParkStop

JP-Coaster-Layout-2-07.jpg

Think that small nub in the middle of the second part of the coaster that faces Hogwarts is a viewing area for the nighttime lights show?
The square bit in the middle of the new bridge? Hmmmm, I wonder. It would be a view of only the side of the castle though, not so much the front.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Here's my interpretation of how the new waterfront area in front of the Discovery Center will appear once complete. It's my belief that the new bypass bridge will be completed first of course, but the rest won't be ready until much much later.

Full write-up here: Jurassic Park Roller Coaster Waterfront Changes and Updated Track Layout for Islands of Adventure – Orlando ParkStop

The "Coaster Display Piece/Fountain" is an intriguing addition, and I hope you're right about Universal being cognizant of the concerns some of us have about what this is all going to look like.

Have you heard about anything potentially interesting in the queue that would make it worth seeing for a guest who otherwise won't be going on the ride?

Call me a hater but this is exactly what I've been reporting on for months. Water feature infront of DC. Same wobble out of 540. Same hub that I posted a graphic to here on IU. Same building off to the side of the new bridge. Same non defined top hat that both you and chip originally reported as having a more traditional look.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Call me a hater but this is exactly what I've been reporting on for months. Water feature infront of DC. Same wobble out of 540. Same hub that I posted a graphic to here on IU. Same building off to the side of the new bridge. Same non defined top hat that both you and chip originally reported as having a more traditional look.
I'm glad to hear our sources are lining up then. Not sure why you're upset. I have been trying to find some more details on the layout and courtyard changes, and if what I discovered matches what you've seen then there's a good chance the information is legit, which is good for everyone.

EDIT: Here's your picture from a post from January. Looks like there are some similarities in the hub and bridge, but I haven't heard anything about a kiosk on the bridge. I just figured that middle spot was for taking pictures and benches or something. Also, I heard recently that the new raptor encounter would be beside Pizza Predattoria and not behind it. So, still some differences between our sources it looks like.

adafsdf-png.8760

Last edited:
Reactions: HPFred
I'm glad to hear our sources are lining up then. Not sure why you're upset. I have been trying to find some more details on the layout and courtyard changes, and if what I discovered matches what you've seen then there's a good chance the information is legit, which is good for everyone.

EDIT: Here's your picture from a post from January. Looks like there are some similarities in the hub and bridge, but I haven't heard anything about a kiosk on the bridge. I just figured that middle spot was for taking pictures and benches or something. Also, I heard recently that the new raptor encounter would be beside Pizza Predattoria and not behind it. So, still some differences between our sources it looks like.

adafsdf-png.8760
Heh, like Dueling Banjos. You both have done a great job on info for this future attraction. Your information compliments one another. :cheers:

The difference is that these are all things that have been said for months now and it's being reported now as if it's new news. Yes, I agree it's good when sources line up...but again this is information that has been posted on here for a while. While I know that plans change...this has been in place since June of 2018 and both you and I have noted said date before.

Change with RE could be due to zoning issues / emergency vehicles, but it's still going to be in the same general area. Games haven't moved that I know of and everything else here in check with what's been reported.

At this point it feels if a pathway moves 2 feet to the left we're going to have another layout change video. :shrug:

Only person saying layout changes is you. The layout we posted has stayed the same since day 1 even when the other top hat was posted by you and Chip. I'm still seeing the original height and speed discussed. The sheer length of the 540 section has not changed and that's where the highest speeds will be. If we didn't see a drastic change in this area....the overall height / speed didn't change from day 1.

Last edited:
The difference is that these are all things that have been said for months now and it's being reported now as if it's new news. Yes, I agree it's good when sources line up...but again this is information that has been posted on here for a while. While I know that plans change...this has been in place since June of 2018 and both you and I have noted said date before.
The track layout information I had before was different than new information I have received in recent weeks. And while you may have seen details for track and courtyard changes yourself prior, I had not. I am reporting on my website the information I have received from my sources as I get new info.

Sorry, didn't mean to upset you. Just because we're both reporting on the same thing at different intervals of time doesn't mean we both can't co-exist.

Like I said in my post earlier, today I was sharing "my interpretation of how the new waterfront area" will look. And I'm sure I'll keep updating my layout over time as new information comes to light, and especially after vertical construction starts.

EDIT:

Alright, we don't need to argue about this...

And thank you, Brian, for allowing us to post and share links to other sites on the forum. It is something you rarely see from other websites out there, and it is much appreciated. Sorry for the slight derail today.

Status
Not open for further replies.