Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 542 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the great thing about Jurassic Park is it is based around an amusement park, so any rides really can fit. Throw in some Dino’s and we’re set!
Exactly. They could even do a sort of tongue-in-cheek homage to it's sister coaster Cheetah Hunt at BG and and call it Raptor Hunt or Raptor Chase and tie it in with more of a natural zoo park exhibit version of Raptor Encounter. A JP fan can dream, right? haha

Reactions: HPFred
Found it thanks!! On WFTV.

So are we just expecting a barebones coaster? Or highly themed with Aas?
Not entirely bare bones. The area going into the old Triceratops Encounter will be pretty well themed with electric fences, caves and a show scene at the start and end of the ride. I did a video on it recently, (but I mispronounced Taron like 3 times so it's practically unwatchable now to me lol).

There’s no way that the top hat has been reduced to 110ft. You’d have to rework the entire track layout at that point and they’ve already completed the survey for the land. Based on the dimensions of the leaked layout 180 ft plus is more realistic.
Eh, if you decrease the speed of the second launch, you could decrease the height of the top hat (but you'd also have to adjust the crest of the helix). The layout doesn't have to change.

Layout definitely has to change, foundations have to be repoured, materials such as supports reengineered. If what was leaked is the true layout, which it is, you’re getting the 75 mph 180 ft tall version, I would bet money on it.
They're already pouring foundations?

Why do I feel like that'd break my neck..;)
Maybe all the supports you'd be knocking your head into? haha
Vertical, horizontal, and acceleration Gs should all be tolerable, according to the program. The top hat gave me fits though. Tried to keep it under 175ft, but if the second launch is supposed to be faster than Taron, then it's just not possible to do a top hat shorter. Otherwise it becomes euthanasia coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.