Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 541 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not thinking it'll have more than three inversions. Not seeing anything on the layout that would indicate any more than that. The layout was a reproduction, so there could be some things that were lost in translation though. I definitely think that the huge turnaround over/under the bridge will have a roll in it.
Sequence of events look to be as follows:
  1. Dispatch/Show scene
  2. Launch
  3. Climbing turn with airtime and drop. Think Fury 325's turnaround before it goes under the bridge or the end of Lightning Rod.
  4. Immelman/Dive loop. Jury's still out on that, but it'll absolutely be one or the other.
  5. A few twisty turns
  6. Airtime hill
  7. Roll out of one of the next turns into another turn
  8. Launch 2
  9. Top hat
Next bit is anyone's guess. Layout looks like a big wobbly helix, but I can almost guarantee that they'll squeeze an inversion and some altitude changes to break up the massive turnaround.

All that said, if this coaster is gonna be as fast as we're thinking, we should expect a ride time a tad shorter than that of Hulk.

At this point I'm down for everything but that top hat. Drops are my arch nemesis when it comes to thrill rides (see: drop immediately after Hulk's first break run).

Definitely not thinking it'll have more than three inversions. Not seeing anything on the layout that would indicate any more than that. The layout was a reproduction, so there could be some things that were lost in translation though. I definitely think that the huge turnaround over/under the bridge will have a roll in it.
Sequence of events look to be as follows:
  1. Dispatch/Show scene
  2. Launch
  3. Climbing turn with airtime and drop. Think Fury 325's turnaround before it goes under the bridge or the end of Lightning Rod.
  4. Immelman/Dive loop. Jury's still out on that, but it'll absolutely be one or the other.
  5. A few twisty turns
  6. Airtime hill
  7. Roll out of one of the next turns into another turn
  8. Launch 2
  9. Top hat
Next bit is anyone's guess. Layout looks like a big wobbly helix, but I can almost guarantee that they'll squeeze an inversion and some altitude changes to break up the massive turnaround.

All that said, if this coaster is gonna be as fast as we're thinking, we should expect a ride time a tad shorter than that of Hulk.

:clap:

Reactions: WillQ92
At this point I'm down for everything but that top hat. Drops are my arch nemesis when it comes to thrill rides (see: drop immediately after Hulk's first break run).

I read (on here, I think) that the top hat will hit around 140-150', not the 175' as originally thought. Am I dreaming that?

If true, the drop won't be "so bad"...

I whipped up a little something in NoLimits that I'll upload tonight after work if I remember. No theming and the supports are abysmal, but it's pretty close to the leaked layout in my opinion. The only way I could get the top hat to not kill a person was to make it around 180 ft tall, so there's that. :lol:

Okay so I’ve not really payed attention to this. Where is this layout? From the land clearing photos I’ve seen how is a coaster being fit into this area? Mostly in the water or?

I’m confused: someone fill in a poor boy.

More of a barebones coaster, but the going rumor is maybe a raptor pen show scene with AAs at the very start, and maybe something at the end along the brake run. Possibly some rockwork and we're definitely gonna see a mass replanting of trees(I hope).

More of a barebones coaster, but the going rumor is maybe a raptor pen show scene with AAs at the very start, and maybe something at the end along the brake run. Possibly some rockwork and we're definitely gonna see a mass replanting of trees(I hope).

I mean the great thing about Jurassic Park is it is based around an amusement park, so any rides really can fit. Throw in some Dino’s and we’re set!

Status
Not open for further replies.