Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

If six flags can do a chupacabra haunt, then thats a dumb excuse.
That maze barely had the Chupacabra (Had 1 but it looked like a Wolf more) and most of the actors were just people with white makeup and crosses on their forehead. It was garbage.

I do believe that HHN can do a good Chupacabra maze and do some good stuff. But the Mexican Maze Murdy was talking about that was scrapped was for a Female Icon/Urban Legend according to Murdy.

So, the buzz at Orlando is that we were originally going to get Game of Thrones (probably at Tram Garage or FDTD tent) until the leaks started coming and HBO got skittish.

That...really bums me out. I legitimately hope it comes in the future.

Probably the most disappointing IP loss since Conjuring for me. Hopefully next year though, the Dragons + White Walkers + Wolf puppets would’ve been so cool.

Probably the most disappointing IP loss since Conjuring for me. Hopefully next year though, the Dragons + White Walkers + Wolf puppets would’ve been so cool.

Thing is, would it even be that popular next year? We were going to get Hannibal until the show got cancelled (still holding out hope for an FDTD tent or Waterworld treatment for that one).

EDIT: Imagine if it was entirely the North and the Night King siege, and then you reach "safety" with King's Landing, but Daenyres has started bombing it already, and Tyrion's speech on power playing in the background.

I feel sorry to the GOT fans in this thread who would love to see this at HHN but can't, because of one leak. Im not a GOT fan myself, but I understand why you guys want it. Honestly the only thing I know are just the White Walkers, but yeah it maybe a while for it to come, since HBO doesn't trust Universal anymore. Again my condolences, IMO one of the biggest IP lost ever....

Thing is, would it even be that popular next year? We were going to get Hannibal until the show got cancelled (still holding out hope for an FDTD tent or Waterworld treatment for that one).

I mean Game of Thrones has been a pop culture staple since the early 2010’s, I don’t think it’ll fade out that quickly.

As for Hannibal I don’t think we’ll ever see it unless they mash it with Silence of the Lambs

I feel sorry to the GOT fans in this thread who would love to see this at HHN but can't, because of one leak. Im not a GOT fan myself, but I understand why you guys want it. Honestly the only thing I know are just the White Walkers, but yeah it maybe a while for it to come, since HBO doesn't Universal anymore. Again my condolences, IMO one of the biggest IP lost ever....

Christ, imagine a trailer with Slimer, Demodog, and the Night's King. It would cause some of the most crowdest nights ever.

I mean Game of Thrones has been a pop culture staple since the early 2010’s, I don’t think it’ll fade out that quickly.

As for Hannibal I don’t think we’ll ever see it unless they mash it with Silence of the Lambs

That's what makes me sad. Hannibal deserves its own fleshed out maze, considering all the nightmarish imagery that fuels the show. There is a revival being talked about that adapts Silence of the Lambs and features Clarice Starling, but idk, I want the crazy murders from the first season and the wild ending of the second season.

"Where's Jack?"
"In the pantry."
*JUMP SCARE!*

I'm honestly kinda mad, yo. GOT would've been such a huge get.

Christ, imagine a trailer with Slimer, Demodog, and the Night's King. It would cause some of the most crowdest nights ever.
Duuude, that would've been amazing. Crowds would've been insane, and media would probably go crazy that Game Of Thrones is coming to HHN.

That's what makes me sad. Hannibal deserves its own fleshed out maze, considering all the nightmarish imagery that fuels the show. There is a revival being talked about that adapts Silence of the Lambs and features Clarice Starling, but idk, I want the crazy murders from the first season and the wild ending of the second season.

"Where's Jack?"
"In the pantry."
*JUMP SCARE!*

I'm honestly kinda mad, yo. GOT would've been such a huge get.

bleh at the SotL reboot, could be good but Jodie Foster made that character. Honestly surprised we haven’t seen that IP adapted yet.

But yeah bummed about Game of Thrones. Would’ve rather had that than a lot of the IPs this year but at least we still have Ghostbusters as another big get. Honestly I don’t blame HBO though, this would’ve been a HUGE announcement for Universal and HBO.

Well, at least we have Ghostbusters. Thats also a huge IP and could probably draw in a huge crowd.

Wait, WHAT?! I have been way too out of the loop recently
Basically how it worked is that Ben leaked the maze at the end of the March (He was hinting it and I warned him not to leak it or hint it) didn't listen so it leaked and it got to social media on Twitter and Facebook and articles about it and because of that HBO saw that and didn't like that and pulled out.

Which is funny because if you look at the timeline it's he leaked Ghostbusters (End of March) > He puts out a apology about how he is done leaking stuff (In Mid April) Which is out of the ordinary for him considering last year he was trying to leak my info that I told him personally (And HHN Photos of inside the Mazes) and take info that I told him not to tell anyone and put it as his own (Including @Legacy as well) so something must have happened.

So what I'm trying to say is that thanks to Ben we won't be having Game of Thrones this year.

Wait, WHAT?! I have been way too out of the loop recently

Ayyy Hacker! How you been dude?

Yeah, we had lots of twists and turns this year. Game of Thrones was gonna come this year, but when the announcement was leaked, HBO got skittish and pulled out.

The mazes that are coming are:

Creepshow
House of a THousand Corpses redux
Ghostbusters
Stranger Things 2
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Universal Monsters: Frankenstein meets the Wolfman
Metallica maze
Holidayz in Hell.

Tbh the only thing that I'm really bummed about GoT probably being forever lost to speculative HHN history is the profit the event would gain from its presence. As an actual maze, I doubt it would be too great or even that noteworthy, besides the fact that we haven't really had a fantasy maze before. Just doesn't seem to suit the event well in my mind, but who knows, maybe the creative teams had something really special up their sleeves that we'll never get to see.

"Basically how it worked is that Ben leaked the maze at the end of the March (He was hinting it and I warned him not to leak it or hint it) didn't listen so it leaked and it got to social media on Twitter and Facebook and articles about it and because of that HBO saw that and didn't like that and pulled out."

I see Ben and I think of myself... I didn't know that GOT was ever coming. So please stop pinning stuff on me just because you don't like me. Thank you!

I mean if Murdy could do This is the End 2 years after it hit theaters (and let's be honest, despite being a huge fan of the film, it didn't smash records or make a huge pop-cultural impact), then I think various IPs have the potential to be brought to event, years after their "peak popularity time-frame".

"Basically how it worked is that Ben leaked the maze at the end of the March (He was hinting it and I warned him not to leak it or hint it) didn't listen so it leaked and it got to social media on Twitter and Facebook and articles about it and because of that HBO saw that and didn't like that and pulled out."

I see Ben and I think of myself... I didn't know that GOT was ever coming. So please stop pinning stuff on me just because you don't like me. Thank you!
It's not even because I don't like you it's actually because leaks have consequences and clearly you didn't listen to me and you leaked Ghostbusters and this happened. I clearly warned you not to leak it or hint it and you didn't listen and I didn't even know about GOT at the time and yeah

I believe he was referring to GB (edit: damn my timing)