Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 322 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Go for it. We saw what Paramount did with the Sonic movie. Brands listen, sometimes.

That's not where the value in the deal was for them though. This situation is different. The money was small fry, the media exposure, etc. is worth more...

If HBO was really smart they'd realize they have multiple avenues in the rears of the deal to obtain more exposure where they want it,... I mean, I really don't see why this deal was contingent on "omg, the hyper fans know we may be there" not happening... There's is just so much in it for both parties, regardless... It's done at this point.

I get that people are dissappointed with this decision by HBO, but starting a social media campaign is just adding fuel to the fire.

Let the heat cool down, and maybe in the future they will come back to Universal. I am sure they already know how popular the IP would be at HHN, they don't need to be reminded. They didn't back out because of lack of interest.
yeah, fair enough.

It still justs blows my mind that GOT was going to be a thing. That means we could expect it to come anytime in the future if HBO trusts Universal. I hope that wasn't their only shot at it, because this is the another huge RIP since Scream and The Conjuring.

Side comment: I wish GOT was on Netflix. Been watching some clips to see how it could be a maze. Ramsay Bolton is an interesting one.

So "Ifrit Question Of The Week" returns:

Is that tweet he just posted a random logo or is that the scheme for the Logo this year?

Suppose GOT would have been announced on 8/1. But people start speculating it's coming around July 1.

So what? What is there to protect or control about the narrative? After 8/1, there will be official announcements and crazy fan speculation. After a July 1 leak there will be crazy fan speculation.

None of which seems to impact anything very much. I don't understand what particular aspects of the "narrative" need to be controlled that are somehow controlled better if we have official announcement plus crazy fan speculation vs only crazy fan speculation. In both cases the crazy fan speculation is uncontrolled.

That said, I'm extremely excited GoT is not coming - huge crowds getting bigger? No thanks. But admittedly I barely finished season 1, which was largely naked people standing around talking about politics in the most boring way possible. Nude CSPAN. Folks tell me to try season 2 because it gets better but I haven't been able to muster it up yet.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Suppose GOT would have been announced on 8/1. But people start speculating it's coming around July 1.

So what? What is there to protect or control about the narrative? After 8/1, there will be official announcements and crazy fan speculation. After a July 1 leak there will be crazy fan speculation.

None of which seems to impact anything very much. I don't understand what particular aspects of the "narrative" need to be controlled that are somehow controlled better if we have official announcement plus crazy fan speculation vs only crazy fan speculation. In both cases the crazy fan speculation is uncontrolled.

Look at it this way, HBO/Universal would have had a specific announcement in mind. They would maybe release a video that showed specific scenes from the show that were coming to the house.

If it gets leaked early then HBO might be worried that fans would create their own video that the general public would see and assume is a representation of the house. Most of us in this forum know that unless Universal makes the announcement it isn't official. But Joe Blow on the street? He might not be so savvy, so he sees a fan made announcement that doesn't accurately represent what the house will look like, then gets peeved when the final product doesn't match his expectation.

HBO want to avoid this by controlling what the announcement looks like, and when it happens.

I'm not saying this is fact, just one possible reason why they might want to control the narrative to such a degree.

I watched some HHN spec videos and I can’t remember if it one or multiple people that said it but potentially the graveyard could be host to a vampire? If that’s not true then this’ll probably be a zombie house

I watched some HHN spec videos and I can’t remember if it one or multiple people that said it but potentially the graveyard could be host to a vampire? If that’s not true then this’ll probably be a zombie house

I mean, Legacy posted the photo from the spreadsheet list or whatever where it said "ghost kids" on it. So...ghost kids?

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

Do we not remember Scream, Conjuring, Werewolf in 23?

Look at it this way, HBO/Universal would have had a specific announcement in mind. They would maybe release a video that showed specific scenes from the show that were coming to the house.

If it gets leaked early then HBO might be worried that fans would create their own video that the general public would see and assume is a representation of the house. Most of us in this forum know that unless Universal makes the announcement it isn't official. But Joe Blow on the street? He might not be so savvy, so he sees a fan made announcement that doesn't accurately represent what the house will look like, then gets peeved when the final product doesn't match his expectation.

HBO want to avoid this by controlling what the announcement looks like, and when it happens.

I'm not saying this is fact, just one possible reason why they might want to control the narrative to such a degree.

Thanks for one of the first really insightful posts about how it could plausibly cause an undesirable event for the GOT folks.

I get it more now.