Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 324 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's a good point to make in regards to leaks....It could potentially effect an outside property from working with Universal in the future...Keep in mind that they sometimes do houses based on things that haven't come out yet...A leak could be a disaster

Speculation on the other hand, is kind of a bottomless pit, but I would say to keep your expectations in check and remember that your idea may not happen or be appropriate for the event

You and your wife/boyfriend/girlfriend find out your going to have a baby. Isn't this great? It's a confidential secret between the two of you and your Dr. Of course, you have to start seeing some 3rd party people, such as the sonogram technicians and whatever. You find out it's going to be a girl.

You pick a date. You invite your parents. His/her parents. Your friends. His/her friends. You buy a baseball full of pink confetti to do the gender reveal. You're all set. This is going to be great.

Then, someone goes onto your facebook page and congratulates you on your future daughter. They found out, through whatever means, and felt they doing good by serving all your friends and family by sharing the good news.

Now, was everybody going to find out anyway? Yes. Did this person !@#$ everything up by taking ownership of the reveal and saying it? HELL YES.

Granted, this is apples and oranges and they announced Ghostbusters and stuff. But if you found out that people going to the same OGBYN as you and your significant other were having their news revealed through social media would you feel the same way? Would you run away from them and find a new Dr? Would you go back to them if/when you are blessed with another child?

These people see their creations as their children and invest years of their lives working on them. It's not so hard to see why someone would get pissed over something that some might see as "insignificant" while others see as their offspring.

Soooooooo..... what do we think about twisted taters this year?:whistle:

they were difficult to find at 28 (I think I recall them coming back at one point during the event, but they were no where to be found the first couple of weeks.)

Hopefully they will be back in full force for 29 so I have something to snack on as I wait in line for my pizza fries!

they were difficult to find at 28 (I think I recall them coming back at one point during the event, but they were no where to be found the first couple of weeks.)

Hopefully they will be back in full force for 29 so I have something to snack on as I wait in line for my pizza fries!
I've never actually had one! I kept seeing the tent and went "eh I'll have them later" but later never came. I'll be sure to try one this next time!

Also, what do we make of the Aiello tweets recently? I cant pull them up, but it's said that some of the mazes are apparently complete already.

They had them the first night when I went but I went back the 2nd night and they were gone.

They did bring them back and were not initially at the event.

I remember them being just outside KidZone Pizza Co (where you get the pizza fries) after walking through CP.

.... and I will take Pizza Fries over GOT any day! :)

Reactions: JMalez
How plausible do you guys think it is that we see Winter’s Night quality sets in the Graveyard: Hide and Shriek house ? Ik Graveyard is said to be in the Parade building-whereas Winter’s Night was in a soundstage-but TrT had some pretty impressive sets last year, so I’m curious to see how it turns out.

Reactions: JMalez
Also, what do we make of the Aiello tweets recently? I cant pull them up, but it's said that some of the mazes are apparently complete already.
It seems like Orlando is eons ahead of Hollywood, the scenic of Depths and Monsters is said to be nearly complete, weird that he hasn't mentioned Nightingales thus far.

How plausible do you guys think it is that we see Winter’s Night quality sets in the Graveyard: Hide and Shriek house ? Ik Graveyard is said to be in the Parade building-whereas Winter’s Night was in a soundstage-but TrT had some pretty impressive sets last year, so I’m curious to see how it turns out.
Trick 'r Treat was gorgeous, Graveyard supposedly is the replacement to You-know-what but they usually have a backup plan for these situations. since the IP has been lost reasonably early I think the replacement Original will not dissapoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
You and your wife/boyfriend/girlfriend find out your going to have a baby. Isn't this great? It's a confidential secret between the two of you and your Dr. Of course, you have to start seeing some 3rd party people, such as the sonogram technicians and whatever. You find out it's going to be a girl.

You pick a date. You invite your parents. His/her parents. Your friends. His/her friends. You buy a baseball full of pink confetti to do the gender reveal. You're all set. This is going to be great.

Then, someone goes onto your facebook page and congratulates you on your future daughter. They found out, through whatever means, and felt they doing good by serving all your friends and family by sharing the good news.

Now, was everybody going to find out anyway? Yes. Did this person !@#$ everything up by taking ownership of the reveal and saying it? HELL YES.

Granted, this is apples and oranges and they announced Ghostbusters and stuff. But if you found out that people going to the same OGBYN as you and your significant other were having their news revealed through social media would you feel the same way? Would you run away from them and find a new Dr? Would you go back to them if/when you are blessed with another child?

These people see their creations as their children and invest years of their lives working on them. It's not so hard to see why someone would get pissed over something that some might see as "insignificant" while others see as their offspring.
Which haunted house is this?

The keyword is insatiable. An hour or two after an announcement people are clamoring for when the next house will be announced. Last year people were starting threads about this year in September. Speculation and predictions (and yes some leaks) are fun but it feels like fewer and fewer people are living in the moment.

I'm responding to this specific post, but it is somewhat randomly picked since I missed the entire event over the past couple days.

I would submit that one reason that people start clamoring or speculating about the next house only hours after a house is announced is that, once an announcement gets made, all talk about that particular house/SZ/etc gets moved to a different thread. Not saying that's wrong, but we really don't get to spend much time discussing the item that was just announced on THIS thread because we're directed to talk about that item elsewhere. So, naturally, discussion/speculation/etc begins as to the next announcement.

Not trying to be a dik or take a side on the issue. But I'm just saying I understand in the context of how the process works with regards to announcements and the immediate change of venue for discussion on said announcement, why people's attention on THIS thread immediately turns to the next announcement. That is all.

As for my take on GoT - I watched 4 episodes. Didn't really do much for me. Disregarding the impact it might have on future events or how HHN operates as a whole, I'm actually glad it won't be here this year because 1) I don't care about GoT and 2) the massive crowds it would attract isn't an attractive thought for me.

Any pizza fries bets?
This gives me a paranormal feeling. Perhaps Ghostbusters, Graveyard or Beetlejuice; Or is it perhaps this year's theme?
Next week will definitely be an announcement of some sorts.

Any pizza fries bets?
This gives me a paranormal feeling. Perhaps Ghostbusters, Graveyard or Beetlejuice; Or is it perhaps this year's theme?
Next week will definitely be an announcement of some sorts.

the font is similar to this.
71K-acdrOiL._SX425_.jpg

I will never understand the whole Twisted Taters obsession. I’ve had them twice, once at Mardi Gras 3-4 years ago, and once at HHN28. Both times they were absolutely disgusting. And I love potatoes in pretty much all forms, especially fried.

Now Pizza Fries on the other hand... I think I ordered them at least 6-7 times last year.

The font looks also similar to Ghostbusters aswell, but isnt that the font hhn always uses?
59a152fa4e998afc3a8ad9a106ea8240.jpeg

EDIT: Not the font, but the color is giving me Ghostbusters vibes with all the blue. I don't wanna overthink it that much though.

Last edited:
At this point, I'm pretty positive we're all overthinking what's probably just the "theme" logo this year.

EDIT: Like, it has a border around it like something I'd expect at the top of the website.

The font looks also similar to Ghostbusters aswell, but isnt that the font hhn always uses?
59a152fa4e998afc3a8ad9a106ea8240.jpeg

EDIT: Not the font, but the color is giving me Ghostbusters vibes with all the blue. I don't wanna overthink it that much though.
The letters in the GB logo are more thick, it looks like the standard Horror Nights logo, but does have a paranornal feeling to it.
At this point, I'm pretty positive we're all overthinking what's probably just the "theme" logo this year.

EDIT: Like, it has a border around it like something I'd expect at the top of the website.
Last year's theme was announced this week alongside scarezones, highly probable.

Reactions: ChaseTuff