Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Hmmmmm .... does that mean it will reach capacity in 30 minutes... lol
I expect the total riders each day will actually increase. By giving more time to the tech teams after hours, they can make it more reliable during its open period and past park close for those still in line.

Basically, more tech time means more consistent open times.

Last edited:
I don't see how they could possibly stop people from queuing, but at least this way they know they have to wait till noon-ish.

Unless they restrict queuing and only allow it once the attraction opens that day? Like if it had tech runs? People just have to hover about...

Unless they restrict queuing and only allow it once the attraction opens that day? Like if it had tech runs? People just have to hover about...
They'll have to at least have a corral, you can't have a crowd blocking the Hogsmeade pathways.

They just kicked out everyone from the queue for the night. There were apparently ~2,000 people in line at the time. Some people waited 5.5 hours. All of them got express passes, but they are not valid for Hagrid’s.

I definitely feel like this is the right decision. When they had many trains on the track and were using both drop tracks on Friday we were able to ride multiple times in a few hours. I’m sure their goal is to get it to reliably operate that way and this is best way to do that.

They just kicked out everyone from the queue for the night. There were apparently ~2,000 people in line at the time. Some people waited 5.5 hours. All of them got express passes, but they are not valid for Hagrid’s.

I definitely feel like this is the right decision. When they had many trains on the track and were using both drop tracks on Friday we were able to ride multiple times in a few hours. I’m sure their goal is to get it to reliably operate that way and this is best way to do that.
I really hope you’re right. I’m visiting on the 24th and was really hoping for at least one daytime and one nighttime ride.

Sorry if I missed it but Hogwarts Express is taking people from Universal to Islands right? Going tomorrow/Wednesday and staying on property with Express so will do Universal first before descending on whatever madness is happening with Hagrid. So either
A.) they won't let people queue up and will instead just ferry them through Hogsmeade to prevent people from clogging the walkway, which is what they do whenever they have the nighttime show on the castle, or
B.) they'll let people line up for hours and the ride will open with a 3-4 hour wait right off the back, though if it's running consistently hopefully that falls.

Sorry if I missed it but Hogwarts Express is taking people from Universal to Islands right? Going tomorrow/Wednesday and staying on property with Express so will do Universal first before descending on whatever madness is happening with Hagrid. So either
A.) they won't let people queue up and will instead just ferry them through Hogsmeade to prevent people from clogging the walkway, which is what they do whenever they have the nighttime show on the castle, or
B.) they'll let people line up for hours and the ride will open with a 3-4 hour wait right off the back, though if it's running consistently hopefully that falls.

Yes they are allowing USF to IOA Express now. More than likely most people will not show up for Hagrid like the past few days and won't arrive until 10-11 to start making the line.