Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 387 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seriously though, a Chucky vs. Annabelle house would be a riot.

Since Ghostbusters is at the event this year, let's make Judge Alvin the icon this year. The pieces fit.0DyZV3.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert Bliss
On the plus side, announcement must be super imminent if it's loaded into the app already.

Legacy commented on the Hollywood thread that they've been sitting on this for three weeks apparently, so we'll see.

Next week is 4th Of July, we'll see if that affects anything or this blunder makes them just shoot their shot.

Reactions: Darko and cmoorin
Man, preventing leaks must be a pain. Seems like no matter how big a corporation you are, you can't prevent things getting out.

With over half the announcements left being IP's, I think we have more than enough time to get one more really dumb thing. So I wouldn't speak toooo soon on that one.

Wouldn’t be shocked at all if Corpses gets leaked *again*. I’m actually surprised that one’s been relatively kept secret considering 3 From Hell’s marketing is starting to gear up

Reactions: Darko
Wouldn’t be shocked at all if Corpses gets leaked *again*. I’m actually surprised that one’s been relatively kept secret considering 3 From Hell’s marketing is starting to gear up

Legacy did state that the commercial concept had 4 IP's, so as far as I'm concerned, we're due for at least one more leak, since I can't think of the last time a top billing HHN IP actually made it to its' announce date without a dumb leak.

What I would love is for HHN30 to have more originals than IPs...it won't happen but a man can dream can't he?

Reactions: ChaseTuff
Legacy did state that the commercial concept had 4 IP's, so as far as I'm concerned, we're due for at least one more leak, since I can't think of the last time a top billing HHN IP actually made it to its' announce date without a dumb leak.

Not sure if it’s worth spoiler tagging or not but I’d guess that the Big 4 would be
Demodog, Stay Puft, Red, Dracula/Frankenstein/Wolfman

Man, preventing leaks must be a pain. Seems like no matter how big a corporation you are, you can't prevent things getting out.
Universal is kind of in a fortunate position in that leaks really don’t matter. It’s only the hardcore fan base (us) who keep up with this stuff in the off season. A lot of bigger companies have a lot more damaging leaks. Like you said every company experiences this, it’s really just a part of the business I guess.

Universal is kind of in a fortunate position in that leaks really don’t matter. It’s only the hardcore fan base (us) who keep up with this stuff in the off season. A lot of bigger companies have a lot more damaging leaks. Like you said every company experiences this, it’s really just a part of the business I guess.

Very true. I pondered to myself why the heck does Uni keeping doing things that seem to all but guarantee their announcements being leaked. Why does something like hotel ads coming out early even happen, etc. The reason is because only this minority knows and super (maybe) cares.

I still think it's a bad look, but eh.

Reactions: s8film40 and Darko
In some cases, I feel sympathy for Uni. Here though, I feel like they kinda earned this one by sitting on it forever trying to hunt for the "perfect day".
Ghostbusters day already came and passed by, so no sympathy for the marketing team from me.
Demodog, Stay Puft, Red, Dracula/Frankenstein/Wolfman
I really dislike how they backseat some IPs, the fact that there was no Sam or Ash Williams (heck, even Blumhouse characters) in past commercials seem like a missed opportunity to cath a bigger audience in a single Ad. Shame that the iconic klowns and the Fireflies will get the same treatment.

Reactions: hhnlover and Darko
Ghostbusters day already came and passed by, so no sympathy for the marketing team from me.

I really dislike how they backseat some IPs, the fact that there was no Sam or Ash Williams (heck, even Blumhouse characters) in past commercials seem like a missed opportunity to cath a bigger audience in a single Ad.

If I were to guess, they probably just wanna keep things focused in terms of the marketing. I guess five might be too much info but the "Big Three or Four (26 and this year apparently)" just click right.

But yeah, you would think for properties they know are more obscure, they'd at least want to mention them.

Reactions: horrornights789