Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I was able to ride the very first Sunday by getting to the park at 7am. I was out by 10am. But, with this new schedule, does anybody know what time they open the gates to allow for queuing for 9am rides?

There's no need to queue at park opening now, I've ridden 4 times over the last 2 days, each time wait was posted at 180 mins, longest queue was 85 mins, shortest was 70 mins. And that was the normal queue. Just get in line between 10 and 12 would be my advice as you'll be done before the afternoon rain.

There's no need to queue at park opening now, I've ridden 4 times over the last 2 days, each time wait was posted at 180 mins, longest queue was 85 mins, shortest was 70 mins. And that was the normal queue. Just get in line between 10 and 12 would be my advice as you'll be done before the afternoon rain.
Yes, but if you rope drop can you not ride with little to no wait and have those 70 to 85 minutes to ride other attractions?

I take it you enjoy the attraction? ;)

Yes, but if you rope drop can you not ride with little to no wait and have those 70 to 85 minutes to ride other attractions?
They usually let people at turnstiles into the park between 8 and 8:30 depending on how long the line is. Then you can line up at entrances to Seuss or Marvel to rope drop at park open. So, an hour prior to opening is probably the earliest I would show up.

But waiting an hour before the park opens plus 15 to ride is still about the same amount of time @Antlers was quoting for 10am to noon anyway when you think about it.

Friend of mine visited today and rode 5 times. He did once at rope drop with nearly no wait, then did some other rides because the line got backed up to the entrance, then 4 more rides until 5. He said that the closed single riders whenever it got backed up to the stairwell, then reopened whenever it cleared. No major breakdowns today and they made it until ride close with no weather delays!

Friend of mine visited today and rode 5 times. He did once at rope drop with nearly no wait, then did some other rides because the line got backed up to the entrance, then 4 more rides until 5. He said that the closed single riders whenever it got backed up to the stairwell, then reopened whenever it cleared. No major breakdowns today and they made it until ride close with no weather delays!
Sounding better and better!

They usually let people at turnstiles into the park between 8 and 8:30 depending on how long the line is. Then you can line up at entrances to Seuss or Marvel to rope drop at park open. So, an hour prior to opening is probably the earliest I would show up.

But waiting an hour before the park opens plus 15 to ride is still about the same amount of time @Antlers was quoting for 10am to noon anyway when you think about it.
Same time waiting yes, but not while other attractions are operating!

Re-rides must be killing this attraction’s wait times. I have never heard of something so popular in recent years.
I can't recall such a high percentage of 'I love it reviews', regardless of the technical problems and long wait in lines. . Once this starts running more efficiently, sky's the limit. People don't seem to just 'like' this attraction, they 'love' it....I think a lot might be, and I've said it before, even though this is soooo high tech, the basic premise is a return to the fun attractions style like Big Thunder Mountain, Jaws, JPRA, Splash etc. ....People have been fed such a steady diet of screen heavy attractions from both Universal & Disney that this is a refreshing change, and back to the future of theme parks ironically. .

Last edited:

First off, love all the reporting you've done about this ride @Alicia!

As far as line times go, it depends on what you want to do that day. If you want to do many rides, it is definitely beneficial to rope drop. This goes for any popular ride at any park (looking at you, FOP).

If it takes 2 hours to wait, for example, you want to put as much as that time as you can before the park opens. That way, you have more park time but, more importantly, more wait times at other rides will be shorter so you get get much more in.

Two examples will illustrate this:
1) Show up at AK at 8:30 for a 9:00 opening, wait 110 minutes to ride; then NRJ at a 40 min wait; then Safari @ a 40 min wait. Then FPs, etc. Big 3 done by 11:40,

2) Show up at at 7:30 for a 9:00 opening, get out of the ride @ 9:04 with a 130 min wait after you (not kidding, see my trip report). River Journey 2x and Safari before burning a FP.

That hour before the park opens is more valuable than you know.

They let you in at 8 or 8:30 for a 9 am opening? That is new. Every other time I went it was about 15 minutes before opening. Is this new so they can start the queue for Hagrid?
So would you recommend showing up to the gates at 7 or 7:30?

Got to the park at 8:40, in Lost Continent right now and they’re saying it’ll be a 3 hour wait. We’ll see how long it actually is.

It's a shame there won't be nighttime rides for a while. I was lucky enough to ride it in the dark last week and it was amazing, like a different ride

While nighttime rides would be great, morning openings are much more “user friendly” for out of town guests and tourists to plan on.

A set morning opening with a guaranteed 5pm queue closure > a “who knows what time we’re opening” in the morning open. All day.