Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I loved, loved, LOVED Hereditary. One of my favourite movies, horror or otherwise, of the past decade. Only The VVitch comes close in terms of recent horror.

I thought Midsommar was hot garbage.

Opinions.

Hereditary was an amazing horror/thriller.
Midsommar isn’t necessarily a horror movie. It’s a break up movie. I left hereditary, clenching my steering wheel as I drove home.
I left midsommar and felt good.

Not really, it's a single-vote poll. It shows that of the 3 choices, most people wanted IT over anything else. There's really not a lot you can conclude other than that. If you remove IT the vote could go any direction because people's second choices aren't accounted for in this poll format.
Lets just agree to disagree!

I really liked Midsommar. To me, Ari Aster is BY FAR the best horror director out there right now. That being said, I think Hereditary was better. The last 20 minutes of Midsommar was a slight letdown compared to the amazing set-up, whereas Hereditary absolutely nailed the finale for me. Be aware, they are very different movies. Hereditary is much more intense and keeps you guessing. Midsommar is predictable as it lays out everything that's going to happen and isn't trying to confuse you if you pay attention. It's more of a character/cult study that is done magnificently.
tenor.gif

Hereditary was an amazing horror/thriller.
Midsommar isn’t necessarily a horror movie. It’s a break up movie. I left hereditary, clenching my steering wheel as I drove home.
I left midsommar and felt good.

I honestly think Midsomma is a comedy and not a horror film cause me and my friend laughed a lot during the film. (I didn't hate it, this is just my hot take)

Well, on Rotten Tomatoes, while it holds a massive 94% critic score, it only holds a 62% audience score. Again, opinions are opinions. But I really think you're overestimating what the GP thought of the film. There are plenty of people who love it. But there are plenty of people who did not. I personally don't think the house will be as successful as some think. But I guess we'll see in a couple of months.

View attachment 10179

Critics are heavily liberal, audience is not. Do the same movie with a white cast and director, and the critics score would plummet.

To change the topic, I know people are annoyed at everyone going “When’s the next announcement? When’s the next announcement?” but Universal posted a poll if they should announce something and at the time of writing it ends in two hours. Do you think this is another trick or are they onto something?

To change the topic, I know people are annoyed at everyone going “When’s the next announcement? When’s the next announcement?” but Universal posted a poll if they should announce something and at the time of writing it ends in two hours. Do you think this is another trick or are they onto something?

As Legacy said, anywhere from Tuesday to a Thursday usually is the works. So Wednesday if that poll actually means it isn’t a shock.

It's a countdown to a sweepstakes.

Everyone should vote "No," and see what happens.

I mean, they could post that poll in January and you'd basically get the same response. Personally, I think they're just trolling people with that poll. But who knows. If there's an announcement, then great. If not, then my day doesn't get a single bit worse. I'm just interested in learning about Graveyard and a few scarezones. The rest doesn't matter to me regarding an announcement. But if they wait until Aug 31 to make their next announcement, then that wouldn't bother me either.

I am just waiting for the scarezone announcements and information on what Graveyard is as well. If they wanna dump all that info in August, so be it. Everything else we already know is coming so don't care when they get announced. I am still excited for the houses, just not their announcement.