Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

And before it’s said that Gremlins was above it, if it was just the three (including Creepshow), I can guarantee Us would win.

And I would probably vote Creepshow.

Also- that poll isn't really a good survey. Sorry to get all math heavy, but you need to have an unbiased field. That account will only really reach a small portion of those who plan to attend HHN (Those who follow them, those who check the HHN tag, and those who happen to see a retweeted post). It's hard to take this as a truly accurate survey.

I’m sorry but would people rather have US or another blumhouse? US was unique and original and will only be relevant this year and I am extremely glad to see hhn get their hands on it!

For sure. Thoroughly enjoyed the film and looking forward to seeing how they implement it. It might be great, it might be OK, but you will never know unless they try it.

As much as I loved It, I would've voted Creepshow. I love that film, and it is honestly perfect house material.

I am somewhat warming up to Us as a house. I am still skeptical how it will translate but I loved the film and the chance to potentially here that music in a house sounds like quite the great experience.

I honestly don’t understand why everybody seems so upset about the thought of US being a house this year

I can only answer FOR ME. So, FOR ME, I thought the movie was dumb and terrible. I've seen 40 movies this year, and it's the second worst movie I've seen this year (my opinion, not open for debate). So, to base a house on a movie I thought was terrible and not the slightest bit scary is a slight disappointment FOR ME.

Now, I fully understand that a house and movie can be totally separate. A great movie/show can be a terrible house, and vice-versa. So I'm not going to skip HHN or anything lame just because Us is there. But, in the same breath, there's a laundry list of IP's I'd prefer to walk through instead of Us, and I would have MUCH preferred the original Tooth Fairy house over it.

I can only answer FOR ME. So, FOR ME, I thought the movie was dumb and terrible. I've seen 40 movies this year, and it's the second worst movie I've seen this year (my opinion, not open for debate). So, to base a house on a movie I thought was terrible and not the slightest bit scary is a slight disappointment FOR ME.

Now, I fully understand that a house and movie can be totally separate. A great movie/show can be a terrible house, and vice-versa. So I'm not going to skip HHN or anything lame just because Us is there. But, in the same breath, there's a laundry list of IP's I'd prefer to walk through instead of Us, and I would have MUCH preferred the original Tooth Fairy house over it.
While I won't debate your opinion, yours appears to very much be the minority opinion, which is not the one Uni would listen to if they're wise.

And before it’s said that Gremlins was above it, if it was just the three (including Creepshow), I can guarantee Us would win.

And I would probably vote Creepshow.

It would be very close between Creepshow and Gremlins for me. I tend to think, gun to my head, I would barely lean Creepshow. But, man, Gremlins has some really great set pieces to walk through with the bar, the movie theater, and the store right off the bat. I love both movies. Creepshow would probably be a more intense house, but Gremlins would probably be a bit more active/chaotic house. I'd be happy with either one of these.

While I won't debate your opinion, yours appears to very much be the minority opinion, which is not the one Uni would listen to if they're wise.

Well, I never claimed Uni would or should listen to me. I was merely answering a question posed on this site.

And, I think you're overestimating how minority my opinion is. Not a single one of my movie-going friends thought Us was good. And we're talking a dozen people who go to a lot of movies. There were varying levels of "not good" opinions amongst them, but suffice it to say we all pretty much make fun of the movie at this point when we get on group chats and so forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Us was an excellent film and Annabelle Comes Home was bad. But I feel like Annabelle would potentially make a better house overall.

Well, I never claimed Uni would or should listen to me. I was merely answering a question posed on this site.

And, I think you're overestimating how minority my opinion is. Not a single one of my movie-going friends thought Us was good. And we're talking a dozen people who go to a lot of movies. There were varying levels of "not good" opinions amongst them, but suffice it to say we all pretty much make fun of the movie at this point when we get on group chats and so forth.

As they say, the plural of anecdote is not evidence. Every metric to hand says the movie was far better received by the GP than by your friends.

Edit to add: I meant that Uni would not be wise listening to the MINORITY opinion, not yours specifically, beyond the fact that you happen to hold the minority in this case. Sorry for not being clear

Last edited:
As they say, the plural of anecdote is not evidence. Every metric to hand says the movie was far better received by the GP than by your friends.

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

Well, on Rotten Tomatoes, while it holds a massive 94% critic score, it only holds a 62% audience score. Again, opinions are opinions. But I really think you're overestimating what the GP thought of the film. There are plenty of people who love it. But there are plenty of people who did not. I personally don't think the house will be as successful as some think. But I guess we'll see in a couple of months.

Us ping.png

This is why I harp on opinions being what they are...opinions. He thought Us was terrible and dumb, I thought it was smart and fantastically directed. He thought Annabelle was a solid film, I thought it was a stupid film that thought jumpscaring me constantly would be scary...it wasn't...it was just annoying and caused me to chuckle a lot toward the end.