Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 581 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don’t know. I don’t want to sound like I’m bitching or trying to complain so I can get something out of them. Ops in general has been off this season and I’m sure it’s been mentioned to someone over the course of this event. I’m mostly just annoyed that this could actually be a danger to certain people, like I said, but I don’t have anyone with me to prove that point. I just get worked up because I lowkey panic :^(.
From what I know, Universal takes guest concerns seriously, especially in cases like this, and would change procedures and/or inform staff to fix the problem in the future.

I personally feel a responsibility to do it. There may very well be someone with similar life experiences to you, and I wouldn’t want them to go through that like you had to.

But of course, don’t do something you’re not comfortable with.

It was just way back in the queue; this wasn’t something a scareactor would have seen. The point just around the bend in the fence where you can see the big concrete gap under the Rockit was where this crowd was gathered. I’m just like...one ops girl came over to check on a girl that was laying on the ground (clearly drunk, but conscious), the others were just talking. Not to let the cast member jump out of me, but that would not fly with the eye that Disney keeps on people. If I were able to get away from it, I’d even be okay with that, but I feel awful being trapped there like that and it shouldn’t just be a me-problem.
I was under the impression it was in the house itself because I know firsthand how that’s supposed to go. Even so it is still a problem.

I don’t know. I don’t want to sound like I’m bitching or trying to complain so I can get something out of them. Ops in general has been off this season and I’m sure it’s been mentioned to someone over the course of this event. I’m mostly just annoyed that this could actually be a danger to certain people, like I said, but I don’t have anyone with me to prove that point. I just get worked up because I lowkey panic :^(.

uni pays a lot of attention. it could be by email or even on phone. email is the simplest.
a lot of people try to sneak a smoke, but if this happen in front of team members and managers, fully visible, then uni needs to be told. if you tell them the time this happened, they might even know who was there

Reactions: SeventyOne

I've seen security in CityWalk be on vapers within 20 seconds this season. No excuse for in-park ops not to have done something.

(Condolences for the loss of your dad, btw, that's a horribly young age to lose a parent.)

I've seen security in CityWalk be on vapers within 20 seconds this season. No excuse for in-park ops not to have done something.

(Condolences for the loss of your dad, btw, that's a horribly young age to lose a parent.)

At HHN we had several instances in line and once in stay and scream of vape idiots vaping openly, but then hiding the thing in their pocket. It’s fine if they want to die young (incredible that the replacement for smoking is actually WORSE than smoking!) but come on...

Again, ops didn’t notice or didn’t care. I didn’t say anything because I was with my daughter and didn’t want to be stuck in line for a long time with people who were mad. If they are dumb enough to vape, who knows what else they will do when in tantrum mode?

I think they are just afraid to confront the guests on some issues. No other excuse, I don’t think.

Crowds still seem fairly light
I don’t have much to compare it to, but it feels kind of tight right now. I got very lucky and managed to wait fifteen for Graveyard Games around 6:30, but by the time I left the house and got back to Kidzone at about 6:55, it was already back to the entrance sign. Ghostbusters is going okay, though; posted wait of 60, have waited exactly 30 so far and I’m already under the Rockit. I love that over-shot wait time that makes you feel better when you don’t have to deal with that.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Just wanna throw out a personal thing that really, really bothers me this year.

So, maybe oversharing, but my dad recently died of a lung disease after smoking since he was twelve years old. It’s been two years, I’m only twenty now, and I haven’t had many encounters with death, especially of those so close to me, so I’m only just now starting to handle it well. Because of all of that, several things cause me to sort of go 100 mph in my brain and seize up for lack of a better term. It’s not a panic attack, but it’s something, and even though I’m aware of it when it happens, I can’t stop it.

When I go to a theme park, I expect a) for people to have some semblance of respect towards others, and b) for staff to take care of those that don’t. I just got to experience an unmoving Yeti line with two men right in front of me who shamelessly took out an entire pack of cigarettes, without any sneakiness, and just lit up. In a queue. I counted, and seven different team members, including three managers, were gathered in the same area not even forty feet away, laughing and talking. No ops saw these guys, even though they’d stepped behind the rope boundary and were clearly in an area (under the Rockit) that they weren’t supposed to be in and were clearly visible to the group.

I waited for a good five minutes, holding my nose and holding back tears while praying for someone to please come say something. A manager came up behind them, but said nothing. I don’t know what she was doing, but it didn’t have anything to do with these guests in front of her face.

I’ve been under the impression that Universal has several designated smoking areas which still applied even during Horror Nights, but I guess it isn’t regulated. I left the queue in tears because of this heavy cigarette smell and secondhand smoke I couldn’t get away from. Just imagine if I were replaced with an older visitor, or a guest with lung issues? Not only is it very uncomfortable for me, but it would be extremely dangerous for them. I wish people really cared about rules; I’ve had example after example of ops being inexperienced as well as testimonials from actual scareactors about it, but this sucks.

TL;DR - Abby is a sensitive baby and can’t stand people smoking cigarettes in queues and not getting any kind of reprimand about it.
Sorry for the lost of your father. I understand your emotion when you get around smoke. And please contact customer service, your complain is valid and they will thank you for it.
For me smoking in the queue is the reason I can't visit a theme park in Europe. I would love to go to the Efteling once more but I have asthma and a ton of other medical problems and my asthma triggers really quick with smoke (and heavy perfumes, scented candles and I'm not doing well on those themed smells like in the queue of ET or the fire/smoke in Spaceship Earth). Every attack could be my last one. I hope you recovered and still had a good night.

Last year i saw guys smoking while waiting for academy of villains, i will never understand how some people have zero care for anyone around them. Not even a little bit of concern of their smoke affecting others.
Truly truly selfish 100%

Sorry for the lost of your father. I understand your emotion when you get around smoke. And please contact customer service, your complain is valid and they will thank you for it.
For me smoking in the queue is the reason I can't visit a theme park in Europe. I would love to go to the Efteling once more but I have asthma and a ton of other medical problems and my asthma triggers really quick with smoke (and heavy perfumes, scented candles and I'm not doing well on those themed smells like in the queue of ET or the fire/smoke in Spaceship Earth). Every attack could be my last one. I hope you recovered and still had a good night.
Oh, I absolutely recovered!! The primary reason I went to HHN last night was so that I could visit my Universal Monsters newfound friends, and I got many cape swooshes, hugs, and Frankenstein head pats at the end of the night.

Thank you, and the rest of you guys, for your sympathy. I was honestly like, “okay, I’m going out on a limb here with my sensitivity and I don’t want to look stupid,” so I’m glad that people understand. It doesn’t affect my health, luckily, just my headspace, I guess. I’m so sorry that you have to deal with asthma with these kinds of people. You’re exactly who I’m talking about when I say that besides me being emotionally responsive to cigarettes, it literally prevents some guests from even being able to attend.

I’ve been alright with my dad’s stuff. The occasional thought hits and knocks me down a bit, but I’m okay. Things like sudden stops or swerves in a car mess with me, too. Thankfully, I’ve had people to talk to about this kind of thing, and I have a whole family that I can relate with about it.

Thank you guys again for your condolences and support. I like this little forum a lot.

Oh, I absolutely recovered!! The primary reason I went to HHN last night was so that I could visit my Universal Monsters newfound friends, and I got many cape swooshes, hugs, and Frankenstein head pats at the end of the night.

Thank you, and the rest of you guys, for your sympathy. I was honestly like, “okay, I’m going out on a limb here with my sensitivity and I don’t want to look stupid,” so I’m glad that people understand. It doesn’t affect my health, luckily, just my headspace, I guess. I’m so sorry that you have to deal with asthma with these kinds of people. You’re exactly who I’m talking about when I say that besides me being emotionally responsive to cigarettes, it literally prevents some guests from even being able to attend.

I’ve been alright with my dad’s stuff. The occasional thought hits and knocks me down a bit, but I’m okay. Things like sudden stops or swerves in a car mess with me, too. Thankfully, I’ve had people to talk to about this kind of thing, and I have a whole family that I can relate with about it.

Thank you guys again for your condolences and support. I like this little forum a lot.

your posts are always great to read, thank you for posting with us :wave:

Reactions: tielo and itsabee
your posts are always great to read, thank you for posting with us :wave:
And I always hope to provide more! If you guys have anything in particular you have questions about, I can probably either give a direct answer from what I know or find someone who can. I love sharing little tidbits because it’s what I love to read, too!! Knowing how performances are done and the little intricacies that go into them makes me really happy. Actors, as well as those who design their sets, sounds, and stories, are some of the most impressive professionals in my eyes.

Seemed packed tonight initially but then waits are holding on the manageable side already so maybe they will drop low late.
Drop low late as in the waits might go down later in the evening than they typically do?

Edit: sorry to be vague, but something is going down at Corpses and I’m shook. Big ops crew is making a human wall when leaving AoV. If anyone finds out what’s up, could you let me know?

Last edited:
Drop low late as in the waits might go down later in the evening than they typically do?

Edit: sorry to be vague, but something is going down at Corpses and I’m shook. Big ops crew is making a human wall when leaving AoV. If anyone finds out what’s up, could you let me know?
They have done that before in the past. It's just to control guest flow. To not have the area in front of corpses get swamped they make people walk towards diagon and go over the bridge.

They have done that before in the past. It's just to control guest flow. To not have the area in front of corpses get swamped they make people walk towards diagon and go over the bridge.
Good, good. They sounded very damage-control-y and I was worried that something bad had happened. The only thing is that after the 10:30-10:55 AoV, the house was open (because I was discouraged from getting in the queue for a third time with all of the people flooding in from AoV). Is it only for certain showtimes?

Good, good. They sounded very damage-control-y and I was worried that something bad had happened. The only thing is that after the 10:30-10:55 AoV, the house was open (because I was discouraged from getting in the queue for a third time with all of the people flooding in from AoV). Is it only for certain showtimes?

I think it dependson how crowded the show might be, if the show has a small crowd i dont think they do the wall

Reactions: SeventyOne
It's hard to say... I don't know if last year Stranger Things was just super hot and it was the first year for it so it drew a lot more people than normal?