Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

People who received a second boarding group are being removed from that group.

Only one ride per day. So @Nick was correct.
Is this something that was explained anywhere in the park?

This whole situation is just such a mess. It's disappointing. I've been debating attempting to go this weekend since opening day and just can't decide because Disney refuses to communicate with guests about what the procedures will be. It's frustrating that they're so worried about PR that they won't take the Hagrid route and simply address everything on social media and explain: When the park will open, how boarding passes will be distributed/limited, etc. Guests just want clarification.

I don't mind the downtimes whatsoever and I'm incredibly excited to ride this thing. It's just absurd how little they've communicated. Hell, why aren't they even communicating the X-Wing drone showtimes/longevity? I shouldn't have to follow blogs/certain twitter accounts to know these things as a guest.

Last edited:
People who received a second boarding group are being removed from that group.

Only one ride per day. So @Nick was correct.
Is this a rolling thing that takes time to happen? So far everyone I've asked is still in their second boarding group (even after restarting app).

Sorry if I missed it in the thread...
Do you need to be in the park to be able to join a boarding group?
Yes, you need to scan your pass/ticket and be physically in the park, then you can book immediately on the app. No need to walk back to Galaxy’s Edge.

Sorry if I missed it in the thread...
Do you need to be in the park to be able to join a boarding group?

Yes, you need to scan your pass/ticket and be physically in the park, then you can book immediately on the app. No need to walk back to Galaxy’s Edge.
After getting through the turnstiles some people have had to close the app and reopen it to access boarding groups.

I do love seeing people on twitter, who really hit GE hard at opening, now doing a reversal and saying GE is the most incredibly themed experience and RotR fixes everything. Very interesting turn around happening.

I am curious about a couple of things and hopefully someone that has been on this ride can answer.

1. Is there any feeling of airtime during the drop?

2. Is there much waiting between the preshows like in Gringotts, or is this more like Haunted Mansion where once you get to the first preshow, you are pretty much constantly engaged?

I hope that by the time this opens at Disneyland, the major technical issues are fixed and they won't have to use the boarding pass system there.

1. Yes, at least I think a little, but it was extremely quick-it’s a very short, manageable drop.

2. Not at all, you’re ushered (at least we were) through each room pretty quickly. The preshows start the experience.