12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas - Announcements/Updates | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas - Announcements/Updates

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm suprised there's zero Zootopia anywhere. A billion at the box office and... nothing?

why bother to promote a movie about cultural diversity when you are installing a Trump AA in your flagship park....ooh...was that too harsh. just a joke. I promise.

Reactions: tankart150
why bother to promote a movie about cultural diversity when you are installing a Trump AA in your flagship park....ooh...was that too harsh. just a joke. I promise.
The problem is that Zootopia doesn't fit in DAK and honestly UP doesn't either... UP takes place in South America, but the show will be in the Asia section of the park. Zootopia should go to DHS imo.

Russell and Doug have had a presence in DAK for years. They usually hang out in Discovery Island, which works. The Asia show is a stretch but... with enough balloons...

Reactions: MrRoamer
Russell and Doug have had a presence in DAK for years. They usually hang out in Discovery Island, which works. The Asia show is a stretch but... with enough balloons...
I know that, but them being in Asia is where it is thematically off. I did enjoy the Wilderness Explorers thing the one time I did it. It's a nice way to tour the park and go see parts a tourist normally wouldn't go to otherwise.

The problem is that Zootopia doesn't fit in DAK and honestly UP doesn't either... UP takes place in South America, but the show will be in the Asia section of the park. Zootopia should go to DHS imo.

I agree, but DHS is getting enough already. Personally, I don't think it really "fits" in any of the parks. Tomorrowland...maybe...

I agree, but DHS is getting enough already. Personally, I don't think it really "fits" in any of the parks. Tomorrowland...maybe...
Both DHS and DAK need more. Even once DHS is done with everything in 2019, it'll still only have 9 rides. They could tear out the entire animation building and build an entire new land back there. So much wasted space in DHS...

Both DHS and DAK need more. Even once DHS is done with everything in 2019, it'll still only have 9 rides. They could tear out the entire animation building and build an entire new land back there. So much wasted space in DHS...

well sure, they could technically do anything, but I don't think it's realistic. All the parks seem to be getting "something" in the near future, and Avatar just opened. I'm thinking Disney goes back to sleep after the 50th.

It's kind of sad that several of these announcements are for "experiences" I'll never be able to actually afford. Way to ruin Christmas Disney.

well sure, they could technically do anything, but I don't think it's realistic. All the parks seem to be getting "something" in the near future, and Avatar just opened. I'm thinking Disney goes back to sleep after the 50th.
The 50th isn't some giant milestone Disney can just go to sleep after. Universal is going to be opening an entirely new third park, which you would figure Disney would be responding to.

I haven't heard much concrete about DHS or DAK besides the likelihood of SW:GE expansion, but Brazil is currently lined up to open in 2023 (contracts are being finalized currently) and a new version of IllumiNations (IllumiNations: Windows on the World) is set to debut around 2022. I'm sure other things will pop up too like the Stitch replacement, Star Tours replacement, and possible expansions. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Frontierland expansion after the 50th and the future of Dinoland is up in the air as well.

I really doubt Disney is just going to go back to doing nothing after the 50th. Maybe not as much, but they will still have a motive to keep adding, especially if Universal is opening a new park as I mentioned.

The 50th isn't some giant milestone Disney can just go to sleep after. Universal is going to be opening an entirely new third park, which you would figure Disney would be responding to.

I haven't heard much concrete about DHS or DAK besides the likelihood of SW:GE expansion, but Brazil is currently lined up to open in 2023 (contracts are being finalized currently) and a new version of IllumiNations (IllumiNations: Windows on the World) is set to debut around 2022. I'm sure other things will pop up too like the Stitch replacement, Star Tours replacement, and possible expansions. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Frontierland expansion after the 50th and the future of Dinoland is up in the air as well.

I really doubt Disney is just going to go back to doing nothing after the 50th. Maybe not as much, but they will still have a motive to keep adding, especially if Universal is opening a new park as I mentioned.

Yeah, I see no chance in hell that TWDC has WDI and WDPR take a rest after WDW's 50th, and if I was in the position of Anaheims, I would probably do the same to prepare for the 2028 LA Olympics.

To be blunt, I fully expect Disney to crank productivity for the next wave of Disney's Parks division going forward, with a probable master-plan for Shanghai, Paris and LA getting Olympics, and both Tokyo and Orlando having to compete with their respected counterparts. It makes way too much sense, and that it isn't like competition is reducing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick

Having been the show park once, they could definitely use some new ones. Strange how it doesn't even come up as a rumor. A retired DCL show would even be more than welcome at this point.

Having been the show park once, they could definitely use some new ones. Strange how it doesn't even come up as a rumor. A retired DCL show would even be more than welcome at this point.
It's been a rumor for awhile that something's supposed to happen with BatB (and LM), but something always comes up where they push it back. Most recently, it was approving the Mickey ride, which meant closing the GMR. Losing the capacity from BatB or LM right now (at least until TSL opens) is pretty much no bueno.

Universal have awoke something in Disney that has been missing for a long long time. This is just the start and I can't wait.

Universal have awoke something in Disney that has been missing for a long long time. This is just the start and I can't wait.

The early WDW mgt. emotions were Laughter & Complacency. Then there were more Comcast/Universal hotels, continual attraction & park expansions (in addition to Potter immersion lands), and major land purchases...Now, the present emotion is FEAR. :) Everything has changed.............mostly for the benefit of theme park fans.

Reactions: Disneyhead
The early WDW mgt. emotions were Laughter & Complacency. Then there were more Comcast/Universal hotels, continual attraction & park expansions (in addition to Potter immersion lands), and major land purchases...Now, the present emotion is FEAR. :) Everything has changed.............mostly for the benefit of theme park fans.
Anyone notice that Disney's willingness to invest goes way up when Universal buys a thousand acres? :shrug: