2014 World Cup | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

2014 World Cup

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agree, the man is a disgrace. I had to laugh as under the video you posted reads your signature, RIP jaws.

Great late result for Greece, showed a lot of bottle to convert the penalty to see them through.

brazil-flag_2913370k.jpg

brazil1.jpg

I understand that some Brazilians are pissed about having the world cup and the Olympics when the country needs to invest in education and health care but surely their gripe should be with their government.

4 month ban.

Good luck USA later, just a point needed to qualify. My US flag is now flying in place of my England ones, hope I'm not really a jinx.

Well a loss for USA but they still go through thanks to a draw and a win in earlier group games :happy: Not sure if that makes my new USA flag a jinx or not LOL, any how Congratulations and well played.

Just watching the final group games now to see who they will draw in the last 16, most likely Belgium but if results go USA's way they could get Algeria. LOL Russia just scored as I type so looking more and more likely to be Belgium.

I had to live stream the game on my phone in order to watch while here at work. I was in full stealth mode with the phone hiding under a stack of papers but in my line of site :lol:

I had to live stream the game on my phone in order to watch while here at work. I was in full stealth mode with the phone hiding under a stack of papers but in my line of site :lol:

Be nice to see USA go further in the tournament it can only be good for promoting the game over there. BBC has been showing videos of fans from Chicago, literally 1000s of them gathered in the park watching a big screen. They went crazy when they scored (Portugal)and were gutted when the equaliser went in, similar scenes were shown after todays qualification. Really great to see that the game is taking to the hearts of some Americans. Is there much furor where you guys are?

Nice "work" Mike LOL I recently increased my data allowance so I can do the same :thumbs:

Be nice to see USA go further in the tournament it can only be good for promoting the game over there. BBC has been showing videos of fans from Chicago, literally 1000s of them gathered in the park watching a big screen. They went crazy when they scored (Portugal)and were gutted when the equaliser went in, similar scenes were shown after todays qualification. Really great to see that the game is taking to the hearts of some Americans. Is there much furor where you guys are?

Nice "work" Mike LOL I recently increased my data allowance so I can do the same :thumbs:
Can only speak for the Pittsburgh area, but generally the only adult fans of the World Cup are those of us who play in adult soccer leagues. A couple of soccer bars in the trendy parts of town get a good crowd, but it's just us hard core lifers (half who are actually from other countries, including lots of former Brits). Youth soccer has become very big, but their interest usually disappears when they become adults. Football, Hockey & Baseball(after a long absence) are the kings in this part of the country.

In the city I live in western Florida, football is only really enjoyed by a hardcore minority who mostly play the game or have played it in the past. I do, however, live in an older area where golf and baseball are by far more popular. There have been some decently attended watch parties in bars in Tampa and Saint Petersburg though. In Orlando, they were thousands of people who watched the game downtown on a big screen. While the World Cup has taken the headlines in this country, many people who don't like football could care less about the tournament.But when America play, there is definitely a noticeable change in which people who don't care much for the sport suddenly want to let out their nationalistic pride and support the team, as the Olympics is the only other sporting event that puts the country in competition with other countries.

Ive noticed a lot more people talk about it than before and think its just because of the World Cup going on and once thats over its all but forgotten to those people.

I used my work phone so data wasnt and issue for me :thumbs:

Awesome picture there Code looks like a good place to watch and I bet the atmosphere is amazing down there. I guess if USA can get past Belgium interest will grow, although it does look like they have a good following already. Many premier league players and other stars seem to be heading over to play out their twilight years, Beckham has played MLS and has been a good ambasador for the game, he is also looking at owning a club in Miami in the near future.

Looking forward to the Belgium game, it will be tough as Belgium went through the group with maximum points and only conceded 1 goal. Saying that though they never looked like a world beating side and USA have some pace upfront which could hurt them. I also like USA's team spirit, what they may lack in skill they more than make up for with fight and the will to win. I think this is a game they can win, they will need to be at their best and maybe have lady luck on their side but I believe they can do it.

GO USA.

Belgium plays very tactical, they'll beat the US :)

Tactics can win games but the manager/coach can sometimes get the tactics wrong. I will be rooting for USA tonight and believe they have a good chance especially if Clint Dempsey has a good game.