2014 World Cup | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

2014 World Cup

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Good game today. I could see Belgium beating Argentina, considering how Belgium have looked better imo than Argentina. USA are lucky they have a keeper as good as Howard. He was immense.

Awesome match last night, I predicted that USAs fighting spirit could see them through, didn't quite happen but their will to win was plain for all to see. It was an amazing performance by the underdogs and they should be proud of what they have achieved in this tournament, I wish I could say the same about England.

I think the last game might be Germany- Holland,seems obvious now.

I know the referees will try to help Brazil as much as they can (like they did with the Colombia game) but that will only get them this far

Last edited:
I hope we have a Germany-Netherlands final. I'm tired of all the Brazil players crying so much after every single game. Save the tears for after the final.

I hope we have a Germany-Netherlands final. I'm tired of all the Brazil players crying so much after every single game. Save the tears for after the final.

I hope the Germans get beat by Brazil tonight but the Dutch win the thing outright.

I think the 2 semi finals will be tight affairs with neither side giving much away. Please no extra time and definitely no penalties, working 13 hours ob 4 hours sleep is not fun.

I hope the Germans get beat by Brazil tonight but the Dutch win the thing outright.

I think the 2 semi finals will be tight affairs with neither side giving much away. Please no extra time and definitely no penalties, working 13 hours ob 4 hours sleep is not fun.

Oops. :thumbs:

Nobody should be surprised by Brazil losing so heavily. A pretty average team without their two best players. Their raw emotion as hosts, a lot of fortune and favourable refereeing decisions helped them reach the semis.

They pretty much conceded defeat when Luiz held the Neymar jersey up during the anthems. One man team or what.

It was pretty shocking to watch that massacre of the Brazilian team that almost ended with an 8 - 0. They got it together at the end to save themselves from an eighth goal and scored one, but it was too little, too late. I'm sad that it was Brazil and not Colombia playing this match. I think the Colombians played better overall and deserved it more, and maybe they wouldn't have had the game and the score that Brazil ended up with.

Now I'm hoping Argentina beats Netherlands and then Germany to lead Argentina to a third World Cup! :cheers: It's curious, when Argentina won the cup in '78, the finals were against Netherlands, and then the win in '86 was against Germany... Hope Argentina can do it again!

Nobody should be surprised by Brazil losing so heavily. A pretty average team without their two best players. Their raw emotion as hosts, a lot of fortune and favourable refereeing decisions helped them reach the semis.

They pretty much conceded defeat when Luiz held the Neymar jersey up during the anthems. One man team or what.

Perfectly summed up.

It was pretty shocking to watch that massacre of the Brazilian team that almost ended with an 8 - 0. They got it together at the end to save themselves from an eighth goal and scored one, but it was too little, too late. I'm sad that it was Brazil and not Colombia playing this match. I think the Colombians played better overall and deserved it more, and maybe they wouldn't have had the game and the score that Brazil ended up with.

Now I'm hoping Argentina beats Netherlands and then Germany to lead Argentina to a third World Cup! :cheers: It's curious, when Argentina won the cup in '78, the finals were against Netherlands, and then the win in '86 was against Germany... Hope Argentina can do it again!

I agree with this too, well the first part anyway. I really enjoyed watching Columbia, Rodriguez was Awesome.

As for the second part, I cannot hope for Argentina to progress as I am still bitter over the hand of God. With the Dutch never winning it I would like to see them lift the old Jules Rimet on Sunday. No predictions from me though, not after last night.

One last point, the 3rd and 4th play off game is usually a nothing game but this time it will very interesting to see Brazil and how much that humiliation has effected them. Will they bounce back or have they had the stuffing well and truly knocked out of them?

interesting game... But I could tell Argentina would win.

I read on the radio that Universal is going to be putting some screens downtown for the final next to the Amway Center??? or something like that?

So excited that Argentina advanced to the finals! :cheers: Now it's time to defeat Germany like it's 1986! Germany has a great team, so it's not gonna be easy. Hoping to see Argentina playing as a solid team and lots of [HASHTAG]#MessiMagic[/HASHTAG]!