Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2015 Project?

What do you see coming in 2015?

• Total voters
Cole, Fallon ain't going anywhere soon. Comcast/NBC loves him and his ratings and there is a long term contract in place. I got the impression they are looking for a 10 year attraction at best.

I still don't know, talk shows are always flaky with their hosts no matter the contract. He could be ditched like conan the second the ratings go down. Just not a timeless thing to base an entire attraction unless they are willing to update it everytime the tonight show gets a new host

I still don't know, talk shows are always flaky with their hosts no matter the contract. He could be ditched like conan the second the ratings go down. Just not a timeless thing to base an entire attraction unless they are willing to update it everytime the tonight show gets a new host

Conan wasn't dumped cause his ratings were down. He left nbc because Lenos primetime show failed and nbc wasn't willing to let go of Leno.

A. This is Universal... there is no such thing as timeless. B. It is not intended as timeless, just hip and trendy for however long it's popular.

I do want to note that Lorne Michaels is now the Executive Producer, and he is known to be loyal to his stars that are loyal to him. Fallon seems to be doing a great job, and he may be in this for the long haul. Obviously NBC could change things up, but I see it unlikely they find an upgrade anytime soon. Conan was a different story anyways as as already said, it was more about Leno.

A. This is Universal... there is no such thing as timeless. B. It is not intended as timeless, just hip and trendy for however long it's popular.

There are definitely some timeless IPs, look at islands. Would universal really go through this to make an attraction that'll last a few years? Seems incredibly pointless and very much unlike the new universal to me

- - - Updated - - -

I do want to note that Lorne Michaels is now the Executive Producer, and he is known to be loyal to his stars that are loyal to him. Fallon seems to be doing a great job, and he may be in this for the long haul. Obviously NBC could change things up, but I see it unlikely they find an upgrade anytime soon. Conan was a different story anyways as as already said, it was more about Leno.
Yeah bringing up conan was bad taste on my part sorry. Overall though it's still a talk show host. Jimmy fallon seriously can't be doing this for that long no matter how popular the show is. Just unrealistic to me

Yeah bringing up conan was bad taste on my part sorry. Overall though it's still a talk show host. Jimmy fallon seriously can't be doing this for that long no matter how popular the show is. Just unrealistic to me

Why not? Lots of late night hosts have stayed put for years, Look at Letterman and Jon Stewart. As someone else said, they are looking for something for 10 years. It is not a huge ground breaking ride like Gringotts, it isn't going to cost them so much that they need it to last for more than x amount of years.

I personally am not a fan of the idea, but it has nothing to do with staying power. I personally would not be interested in it. It would be a one and done for ever type of thing for me.

I think you are seriously underestimating how much the general population loves Jimmy Fallon. He brings in a much younger audience and is entertaining to watch. He's here to stay.

I'm not crazy over the Fallon idea, but I'm all for Twister being replaced with something that has a better New York theme to it.

I guess, don't get me wrong I like the idea of a music attraction especially next to rockit so it could finally make sense. I just don't know if Fallon is the best candidate for it especially since he's not the main person you think of when it comes to music. But hey if he can do the tram tour why not something in orlando? If there is one plus side to this it's that the roots could be included

I guess, don't get me wrong I like the idea of a music attraction especially next to rockit so it could finally make sense. I just don't know if Fallon is the best candidate for it especially since he's not the main person you think of when it comes to music. But hey if he can do the tram tour why not something in orlando? If there is one plus side to this it's that the roots could be included
Who says it would be music based?

Whenever twister gets the boot I hope they replace it with another special effects show. I love seeing practical effects. That's my only desire for whatever would replace it.

Didn't want to start a thread so I'm posting here. What is HTF referring to with these tweets yesterday?

"I noticed something new and very interesting while at Uni. If you find it just take pride in it. Don't post photos of it [HASHTAG]#comingsoon[/HASHTAG]"

"I'm not going to post a picture nor am I going to tell you where to look. If you find it I encourage you to NOT take photos of "them" [HASHTAG]#next[/HASHTAG]"

Ideas?

Didn't want to start a thread so I'm posting here. What is HTF referring to with these tweets yesterday?

"I noticed something new and very interesting while at Uni. If you find it just take pride in it. Don't post photos of it #comingsoon"

"I'm not going to post a picture nor am I going to tell you where to look. If you find it I encourage you to NOT take photos of "them" #next"

Ideas?

Probably nothing important. Probably something Halloween related.